Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed the boat on this one, but I think the proof was in the pudding, as the saying goes.

I mean, the 200th episode to me set off alarm bells. The whole thing was one big spoof--a way to have some fun, show us some stuff we've never seen on the show before, and *maybe* also tell us fans about the future of SG-1.

The whole movie on again off again thing seems somewhat familiar wouldn't you say? I mean, they've been talking about a second Stargate movie for so long. It's been mentioned in the past that they were thinking of a movie after the current SG-1 series wrapped up.

So didn't anyone else think that they were hinting at a movie for SG-1 and therefore that the series was going to end this season? (I admit, I haven't tried searching for this in other forums.)

Anyways, I will be very surprised if a movie of some kind isn't announced shortly.

Steve

P.S. By the way, I'm new here. Hi all.
    Last edited by Steve017; 06 September 2006, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve017
      I may have missed the boat on this one, but I think the proof was in the pudding, as the saying goes.

I mean, the 200th episode to me set off alarm bells. The whole thing was one big spoof--a way to have some fun, show us some stuff we've never seen on the show before, and *maybe* also tell us fans about the future of SG-1.

The whole movie on again off again thing seems somewhat familiar wouldn't you say? I mean, they've been talking about a second Stargate movie for so long. It's been mentioned in the past that they were thinking of a movie after the current SG-1 series wrapped up.

So didn't anyone else think that they were hinting at a movie for SG-1 and therefore that the series was going to end this season? (I admit, I haven't tried searching for this in other forums.)

Anyways, I will be very surprised if a movie of some kind isn't announced shortly.

Steve

P.S. By the way, I'm new here. Hi all.
      I think we'll see both a movie and season 11...

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        also SG1 will not have any viewers atall after S10 unless they do this...its the only option, they are not allowed to air S11 on US TV, the internet is the only option..
        It's just a thought but are they not allowed to air it on us tv live?

If they could do it in sydication though then put it live in some other country like britan and if would be like Doctor Who. you wouldn't get new eps for a while but you would still get them.

i am aware that i may not understand some major thing that would prevent this idea
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciri93
          I think we'll see both a movie and season 11...
          I hope you're right!

Comment

No contracturally they are not allowed to air the show on any other US TV network. which basicly rules out S11 categoricly in the conventional sense, its going to have to be a major inovation to keep the show running, and the internet would be the best market give the current problems.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

No contracturally they are not allowed to air the show on any other US TV network. which basicly rules out S11 categoricly in the conventional sense, its going to have to be a major inovation to keep the show running, and the internet would be the best market give the current problems.
              But if they'll change the title?
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Lets move SG1 to Britain
                The net sounds like a good option and charge the viewers like £1 a episode or something like that.

Comment

Maybe I just am out of the loop, but how do you know that airing the show on any other US TV network is out of the question? I mean, isn't it even slightly possible that what they are currently doing is negotiating this very point?

I mean, sure they may have a contract that doesn't currently allow them to air on a different US TV network, but couldn't they get the rights to do so from the current rights holder (presumably MGM or Scifi or both--I don't know)?

Isn't that how Scifi network originally began its relationship with Stargate?

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...s_future.shtml

In this article sci fi confirms that MGM is prohibited from doing a S11 on another Tv station in the US.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

whatever happend to sci fi saying they'd consider it for less money

Comment

Now corect me if i am wrong but at current budget they use 2 million per episode. now if the went Itunes and sold it for $2 and had 1 million customers they would make 2 milion minus the Itunes fee. per episode.

current ratings have them at 1.6 mil avg. so i just took the .6 as the decline when switching to teh interent

Comment

Yay, I'm now pretty confident S10 won't have a loose end.

Comment

I would actually hate to have a movie. Don't get me wrong, any Stargate is better than no Stargate, but a movie would either have to
                            a) be altered for a mainstream audience who have not watched the show before (if it was released in cinemas) or
                            b) be a straight-to-dvd thing which I doubt would do well, would probably have a lower budget, and would probably be as overpriced as SG1 DVD's over here in the UK.

Comment

yeah i think SG1 is and will always be a series, as much as i love SG1 the only time a movie would really have worked was in the aftermath of TLC..now, theres just too much up in the air for it to be able to transfer over IMO.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

yeah i think SG1 is and will always be a series, as much as i love SG1 the only time a movie would really have worked was in the aftermath of TLC..now, theres just too much up in the air for it to be able to transfer over IMO.
                                Whether we get an 11th Season on the Internet, a mini-series, or set of tv movies to continue the SG-1 story, I'll be content. I just can't live with Season 10 being the end. And I firmly don't believe it will be.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X