This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
    Do it if you must, but get a big crowd and be respectful.
    I agree. If theres not a lot of people, it will show how little support the show actually as, thus cancelling out the point of the whole protest.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Sorry to be negative but I really don't think this would work. Sadly this is just too expensive a venture for most folks. I'm sure a lot of us love the show but how many are willing to plunk down $500 or more on a trip to NYC with the distinct possibility we would be one of 10-20 people there.

The problem with raising money is the skepticism that many have about where the money would actually go. What guarantee would there be that it would be used for the purpose intended and not lining someone's pocket somewhere?

Seems to me the best ideas are ones that require little money and little effort such as the tissue box campaign (similar to the Tabasco Sauce drive used successfully by Roswell fans a few years back). These types of symbolic gestures have the best chance of participation by the greatest number of people. Numbers are the only thing the network will listen to.

Comment

Just do it , I'll fly to the HQ and say do it do it! yay
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

You can protest where you are....Just go get a permit and orginize a protest at your local NBC station. Or close to it. make it known to as many local people as possable and do it in shifts so the ones that work can get in on it.

Comment

Protest should include these sponsors this will really get noticed.

There is now a WORLD WIDE BOYCOTT on NBC UNIVERSAL and SCI-FI Channel due to them cancelling SG1.
            No one is buying anything from any company that is advertising on SciFi channel including:
            GEICO
            SONIC
            DISH NETWORK
            BEST BUY
            TACO BELL
            NETFLIX
            Black Dahlia
            VERIZON WIRELESS
            RUBY TUESDAY
            DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET
            APPLEBEES
            SCOTCH BLUE TAPE
            STRIDE GUM
            Do not buy anything from these companies
            until SciFi channel does a 10 year episode buy of SG1.

If SciFi channel does not, STARGATE SG1 will continue, due to fans, but this will be the Death of the SciFi channel.
            There are fans of Stargate, but there exist no 'fans' of the SciFi channel. There is nobody going "3 Cheers, I love the tv channel! no matter if they have stupid wresting shows and B-quality programs now!" Viewers are interested in the Stargate SG1 SHOW, not what station it's on.

And when SG1 goes, Atlantis will go. And when those both go, BattleStar Galactica will go. And when those go, it will start a domino effect, leaving SciFi channel deep in red ink, with viewers boycotting all of their advertisers. GEICO, Burger King, Stride Gum, and all the rest of the cheesy advertisers will not be paying, nobody is going to want to pay for an extra value channel package on Cable or Satellite. And Some lucky new channel will gain Stargate SG1, Atlantis, tons of loyal fans, and will take all of SciFi channel's advertisers, and bank roll.

There is going to be a new channel that is going to be great, and rise ahead with an incredible fan-base, and a new channel that will be rolling in money, due to SciFi channel's stupid idea to cancel sg1. This is the beginning of the end for SciFi channel, and NBC Universal will regret ever having hired the bonehead junior level exec that will be the downfall of the entire SciFi channel.

Comment

This may seem stupid, but couldn't MGM get like a sponsor for the show. Here some shows have sponsors so that we get them on TV promptly rather than a year after it's screened in teh US. And then the sponsors get top add priority. Or something. Case in one fo the articles one of the reason Sci-Fi stated was money.

Anyway...
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X