Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky One's premiering on October 18th - about bloody time! But I won't be watching it

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watch stargate whenever it's on, no matter if I've seen it before or not, so it doesn't matter to me.

Comment

mindwarped - we don't have ratings boxes in the UK...the government can monitor all digital TVs through the digital providers.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I live in the UK and feel very much the same.

I would actually prefer to watch it on Sky rather than on my PC. But i'm just not prepared to wait a stupid amount of time to do so when I can download it and watch it on my PC, the night after it's aired in the US, months before it's aired here.

I used to wait and watch the seasons on Sky anyway but now that i'm at home most of the time I just can't bare to wait .

Although I will be buying the season on DVD anyway, and likely watching it on Sky anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          mindwarped - we don't have ratings boxes in the UK...the government can monitor all digital TVs through the digital providers.
          ... and what else?

Sorry, i sensed a gag opportunity!
          Originally posted by tommiekind
          No one here is denying Sky is greedy, look what it did with the cricket
          LOL! And football. And movies. I think the only thing they don't get is Joey. Then again, who would?

ETA: Everyone's saying how great it is to download, but am i one of the only ones who thinks it's infinitely better to watch when it's "live" so to speak? Waiting the length of time (and not reading spoilers) really whets my appetite for the new eps. It builds anticipation... like browsing the instruction manual before tackling a flat pack... It's all about the experience. Maybe i'm just old fashioned. *shrug*
          Last edited by Anubis69; 28 August 2006, 03:31 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Not quite correct. Digital Spy's tv ratings faqs

Originally posted by Digital Spy
            Who measures TV ratings?

In the UK, TV ratings are measured by the Broadcasters Audience Research Board (BARB), which bases its figures on a sample 5,100 households. The panel has been chosen to be as representative as possible, with varying geographic location, age, social class and gender.

ETA: Link to BARB website.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
              What are 3 and a half months in comparison to about 2 years some countries have to wait for the new seasons? Plus, you'll get the second half of the season sooner than American viewers, 'cause (let's hope for it) Sky One isn't going to take 3 months long break between episode 10 and 11. Americans have to wait til March for the back half of the season, in UK it probably will be finished by then.
              Because someone's worse off than me should I be happy for what I do have as oposed to what I'm missing? It's all relative and is kinda like saying you shouldn't be pissed off at having bills when in 3rd world countries they don't have facilities like water to make bills.

IMO second half of the seasion will at best be shown simultamneously in US and UK.

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              Great. Why don't we all reduce Stargate's economic value everywhere. That way NO ONE will have any reason to purchase rights to air it and MGM will no longer have any reason to produce it.

Brilliant.

It's TV Series Death brought about by fans themselves.

MGM doesn't produce the show as a charity.
              Nor should I be grateful when it eventually swings my way - after 3.5 months. This is my point... show it at the same time as US and I'll watch it, or at the very least leave my cable box on SkyOne whilst I record it to give it ratings.

Plus it's been axed before being shown in the UK, so how much do UK ratings effect production anyway?

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              But, wouldn't the big shows also cost them more? The more a show cost the network to acquire, the more it needs that extra ad revenue to justify itself.
              It's proportional. It's hardly a case of them 'just getting by'.

Comment

I only have Sky One so I'm just glad they're going to air the 10th season in October as well as the 3rd season of Atlantis. They show an episode of stargate every weekday so I get my fix

Comment

Originally posted by Groove
                  IMO second half of the seasion will at best be shown simultamneously in US and UK.
                  I'm pretty sure this time UK gets it first.
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                  X