Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh... that was so sad and quite upsetting. Chris' comments and Claudia's comments were so sweet though. It's great to know that they really do appreciate us fans... not many "stars" are like that.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

damn cheap ass aussies... lol. I should be offended, but I'm not.

hey, we could just get another all-aussie SG team and have half focus on them and half on SG1, if it's about cast costs, that would cut some down...

really though, we are all just speculating, will have to wait and see what the high ups decide, switch channels, producers, funding cut backs or just a complete death... hope not though...
      Vows are spoken
      To be broken
      Feelings are intense
      Words are trivial
      Pleasures remain
      So does the pain
      Words are meaningless
      And forgettable

All I ever wanted
      All I ever needed
      Is here in my arms
      Words are very unnecessary
      They can only do harm

Comment

Originally posted by ECN
        You're confused.

This isn't what MGM has said they want.

This is what SciFi has said THEY want, for MGM to do the show on the cheap so they (SciFi) won't have to pay MGM so much in production money.

WHERE are you getting this from?

MGM hasn't said they want to change the cast, etc.

They've said they want to go on with SG-1.

Shame on you for spreading misinformation.

I stand by what I said. I'm not spreading misinformation but posting what I seen through decades of watching TV, watching shows killed for lesser reasons than cost, etc. MGM wants the Stargate franchise to continue. They want what Paramount had with Trek. To take the SAME cast and just rename the show Stargate Command would no doubt be pretty stupid as you'd be working with the same high costs, plus I'm sure the lawyers as SCifi might see that as breach of contract.

Spinoffs for franchises are 99% new cast. They may bring in a guest star for the pilot (such as they had RDA and MS in the pilot for Atlantis) but otherwise, the spinoffs are done with a new cast, a different idea. Part of the reason for that is to create a NEW show. Otherwise people will tune in and go "oh, been there, seen that" and will change the channel.

The actors are thrileld to have had such a long-running show, but also know how the business operates. Here today, gone tomorrow, and they have had a decade. The only people who work on a show for 15, 20+ years are a few actors in soap operas. You don't seem that in primetime TV. (Well, the last long-running series was Gunsmoke, but most people on this list weren't even alive when it aired.)

I foresee the possibility of SG1 movies - which I'd much prefer, preferably straight to DVD! - but I don't envision a season 11. Too costly and with networks cutting costs left and right (and even studios cutting loose top actors), continuing production of an aging show with a core audience that isn't growing but is in fact declining, isn't a realistic business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
          Why can't SPACE air in the US as well.
          those are my exact thoughts, if space could air in the USA then we in the u.s. still get sg-1, and at the same time, give sci fi a big smack in the face
          SAVE SG-1
          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
            I just don't understand at all!!!

After seeing this wonderfull video, it obvious the cast want to continue making Stargate;

MGM - want to carry on making Stargate,

- Brad and Rob - and the writers want to carry on making Stargate,

But Sci-Fi - don't want to!! and wont let them!!

ARGHHH!!! I just dont understand!! Sci-Fi - let them continue you selfish, selfish - screwed up people!!!
            ultimatly mgm HAS the power to make sci fi shut up, its just about licensing fees. if mgm really wants to put their franchise on another network, they will just have to payoff sci fi.
            the question is how to get that kind of money, and how they would get that money back into their budget. most of the time that would happen through a cast member getting cut from the show prematurely or... a cast member taking a break from the show till that money is made back, then rejoining
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
              call it 'Stargate SGC' insted of sg1. we cud see some sg2 and 3 missions =)

and pull them into 10 more seasons :-|... or atleast 3 more =)
              i wonder about that myself, why mgm just dosnt take the cast and crew and call it stargate command or some other variation. sci fi has rights to stagate sg-1 and stagate atlantis. not any other names.
              i think they should look at their options, i know G4 and spike would love some ratings right about now with a stargate show.
              SAVE SG-1
              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                those are my exact thoughts, if space could air in the USA then we in the u.s. still get sg-1, and at the same time, give sci fi a big smack in the face
                That wouldn't make a bit of difference- SPACE would still be subjected to the same restrictions of not being allowed to air any new eps in the U.S.. And that's all aside from the probable restrictions that would keep SPACE from airing down there as Sci-fi is up here, I suspect that it might be illigal for service providers to offer the channel (that's the rule up here against Sci-fi). As it stands the only way American viewers could get a new season of SG-1 would be through an online download system. Hopefully MGM have their lawyers hard at work, sorting through this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                  love chris judges reaction
                  Every time I run into an interview with him I'm amazed at how lovely this man is! He does seem like the loveliest person ever... well, one of them, at any rate.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    That wouldn't make a bit of difference- SPACE would still be subjected to the same restrictions of not being allowed to air any new eps in the U.S.. And that's all aside from the probable restrictions that would keep SPACE from airing down there as Sci-fi is up here, I suspect that it might be illigal for service providers to offer the channel (that's the rule up here against Sci-fi). As it stands the only way American viewers could get a new season of SG-1 would be through an online download system. Hopefully MGM have their lawyers hard at work, sorting through this mess.
                    If Space or BBC take up the show, the US will still get in through syndication, probably on UPN. SciFi's contract with MGM does not effect them. It only effects what channel can air episodes beyond season 10. The US will have to wait almost 2 years to get the latest eps, but we would get the DVD's before that. Besides, I would be perfectly willing to buy all the eps through iTunes. I doubt they would be effected by Space or BBC taking the show either, which means we would still be able to get the eps within a few days of it's airing . . . for a price.

Play It Grand

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                      yap, CJ/T gives me hope... kudos to him for all he said.
                      I'm also happy with the comment Chris made. He seems rather upbeat about the future. MGM does too, and that really makes me feel a little better. They haven't given up this fight yet, and I really respect them for that.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Horsie
                        If Space or BBC take up the show, the US will still get in through syndication, probably on UPN. SciFi's contract with MGM does not effect them. It only effects what channel can air episodes beyond season 10. The US will have to wait almost 2 years to get the latest eps, but we would get the DVD's before that. Besides, I would be perfectly willing to buy all the eps through iTunes. I doubt they would be effected by Space or BBC taking the show either, which means we would still be able to get the eps within a few days of it's airing . . . for a price.

Play It Grand
                        So they'd be able to get it in syndication.....I was thinking first run.....good idea, make em' wait! Americans have been spoiled for far too long. *rubs hands together -evil laugh-*

See, I would never pay to watch a tv show first run, it would just get too expensive, if it was an online thing that would have to be paid for, I'd be waiting for the DVD's. Still that would be better then nothing.

Comment

So they'd be able to get it in syndication.....I was thinking first run.....good idea, make em' wait! Americans have been spoiled for far too long. *rubs hands together -evil laugh-*

See, I would never pay to watch a tv show first run, it would just get too expensive, if it was an online thing that would have to be paid for, I'd be waiting for the DVD's. Still that would be better then nothing.
                          Um, gee thanks. I AM AMERICAN. I'm sorry you think we're spoiled. I think we've just been lucky. By the way, we don't get everything. The UK gets different and sometimes more featurettes on the season DVD's than we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsie
                            Um, gee thanks. I AM AMERICAN. I'm sorry you think we're spoiled. I think we've just been lucky. By the way, we don't get everything. The UK gets different and sometimes more featurettes on the season DVD's than we do.
                            The grass is always greener.....

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                              The grass is always greener.....
                              .....wherever there's Stargate.

Comment

Only if, in return, we get the new episodes of Doctor Who before any other country.
                                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                                -Audioslave

Comment

Working...
                                X