Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh i don't know if that articule is true or what but if sci-fi does change the name of the channel doesnt that mean that sg-1 can be another channel because the contract, apparently, says that no new sg-1 in any other channel but scifi.

ah yeah.

i'm glad that i got to see the old G4 format, with video game shows, though crappy they had their charm and they were about video games!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      Well...it seems that all you American folks don't need to worry about trying to hurt SCI FI in retribution for the cancellation of SG-1--they're flushing themselves down the toilet of their own free will:

Source
      You know, the link doesn't work. Tried seaching but nothing came up. Can you find it again? Cuz this looks like nothing more than a hoax ...

What's that phrase? We've been 'punked'? Or rather, SciFi has....
      Last edited by prion; 24 August 2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady D
        Its a hoax read here:

http://www.tvsquad. com/2006/ 08/24/someone- has-it-in- for-the-sci- fi-channel/

Lady D
        Your link didn't work for me. The name "Surge TV" put it in the hoax category for me, but then who thought SciFi would air wrestling.

Lady D, it is a hoax? Right?
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

The article looks fake and for months and months now people have been making fake things as jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            You know, the link doesn't work. Tried seaching but nothing came up. Can you find it again? Cuz this looks like nothing more than a hoax ...

What's that phrase? We've been 'punked'? Or rather, SciFi has....
            "(PRWEB) August 24, 2006 -- Effective November 1, 2006, the SCI FI Channel will change their name to SurgeTV, to reflect the changing demographic thrust of the successful long-running cable channel. In addition, deals are currently working out to bring back ECW for a three-times a week run in prime time, as well as reruns (Pre-WWE) of professional wrestling events.

SurgeTV hopes to tap into the newfound audience of science fiction wrestling fans, by promoting cross-over programming, including Eureka's Colin Ferguson's guest appearance in the ECW ring, and Season 2 of Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero to include ring matches between competitors. Saucier, racier stories will be aired after the midnight hour, and in a change for the popular channel, may include R-rated material.

While much of the original programming the SCI FI Channel has produced will remain on air through the next year, SurgeTV expects sweeping changes to the network, shifting away from the so-called "nerd" demographic. This means that SurgeTV will try to appeal to it's growing number of "extreme" viewers by removing all of it's current re-run programming and replacing it with a new "brand" - Xtreme Surge At Night. Effective November 1, 2006, SurgeTV will begin broadcasting reruns of Hogan Knows Best and original WWE programming. Filling out the early morning hours will be the ground-breaking American (English language channel) debut of Lucha Libre sporting events."
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
              Your link didn't work for me. The name "Surge TV" put it in the hoax category for me, but then who thought SciFi would air wrestling.

Lady D, it is a hoax? Right?
              It's too over the top not to be a hoax. It appears the author has an issue with Scifi's new programming and is giving them a not so subtle back-hand.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

It's a hoax people !

Comment

Spoiler:
                  shifting away from the so-called "nerd" demographic

??? Well thats a little insulting....so much for being loyal to the viewers who made you what you are.
                  McKay:...ZedPM
                  O'Neill: Zed?
                  Jackson: He's Canadian
                  O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                    It's a hoax people !
                    Having tried to say the same thing elsewhere 3 times and being ignored, I share your pain

Comment

we'll end this thread then with

IT'S A HOAX!!!!!!!

wonders if folks will get the big red letters
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The rumor is that the Sci-Fi channel would be changing to Surge TV in November 2006. It was posted in an article on PRWEB. It was not backed up by additional legit tabloids. Since then the PRWEB link has been truncated and the article removed. In addition, a TV Squad blog was presented to explain that the PRWEB article appears to have been a hoax. That link is provided below:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/24/so...ci-fi-channel/

The last discussion had closed and this link was provided but apparently it was not a successful link and there were several discussion entries still unsure of the original article’s validity. So, I opened this thread to provide that 'missing link' of information.

Lady D

Comment

Oh...thank god!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

From the TV Squad article:

Originally posted by TV Squad
                            The part of the press release that made me suspicious was where it says that the network wants to move away from their "nerd" demographic. Seemed like an indelicate choice of words for a press release, which is what made it scream "BS" to me. That and the fact that I couldn't find any evidence of it on the NBC Universal Media Village site for the network. So someone looks like they've pulled a prank on Sci Fi and PRWeb. ...

(UPDATE: Looks like PRWeb has pulled the press release from its site, as the link I provided above is now dead. Further proof that it was BS.)
                            Although I must say, the idea of Colin Ferguson in a wrestling costume makes me grin.

Now, if they REALLY wanted to pull in the ratings they could have the Ghost Hunters guys vs. the Ghosts in a Cage Match! lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              From the TV Squad article:

Although I must say, the idea of Colin Ferguson in a wrestling costume makes me grin.

Now, if they REALLY wanted to pull in the ratings they could have the Ghost Hunters guys vs. the Ghosts in a Cage Match! lol
                              If they'd been smart,t hey would have said "and we'll have Chris Judge in a gold spandex wrestling costume" Or heck, they could go to Celebrity Sci Fi Wrestling!!

Comment

Then on november 1st--watch sci-fi actually do it!
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X