Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you Scifi, that's low. They must have taken a page from Fox.

What was said does mean that the MGM can not make new episodes for US TV, which means anything being done must go through SciFi. This is bad for the US, however it does mean that MGM could get a canadian network to replace Scifi and continue the show that way as it would still allow them to make it and show it worldwide, except for America.

I can't see MGM getting into a contract like this without having some sort of delay. It's possible that it only lasts until current contract expires and when they negotiate again they can get the rights to develop SG1 on another network. It's also possible it could be non contract related and when the show ends MGM can't get another network for a certain amount of time.

sigpic

Comment

They could always look to a network outside the US.

Comment

wow...dude....Sci Fi sucks hardcore....but FEAR NOT! For they have put quality shows on now...such as ECW! What a great Science Fiction show that is right? huh?

To those of you playing the home game...that ^^^^ is called sarcasim.
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Regardless of what you believe concerning SG1… Do Something… you're in a Stargate forum for a reason, YOU CARE... write MARK STERN, Conan O’Brien, SG1 Advertisers, the News, write anyone that can make an impact. If supportive fans concentrate their efforts on a few specific key players, an 11th is possible. This is like the end of a concert, the band leaves but if you make enough noise, they come back for an encore.

You can SOS at-
          EVERYTHING- http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/
          PETITION- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
          CONAN- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33884
          TISSUE- http://laundr.us/
          BOTTLE- http://www.savestargate.com
          MYSPACE- http://www.myspace.com/savingsg1

Although many factors were involved, the real decision maker behind the SG1 Cancellation is MARK STERN. He has a large majority of influence on the cancellation and possible, yes, possible continuation of SG1.Trust and believe MGM would keep SG1 where it is but SciFi probably feels they can merge SG1 & SGA viewers and create greater numbers for Atlantis. It doesn’t matter though, there are countless reasons to cancel BUT there are more reasons to keep SG1. It should be stressed that MARK STERN should be receiving the bulk of mailed fan support... too many addresses will lead to less effective group support whereas if MR. Stern were to be flooded, we could make more impact. Here's the VARIETY ARTICLE- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
          Mark Stern
          EVP Original Programming
          SciFi
          100 Universal City Plaza
          Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
          Universal City, CA 91608
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
            They could always look to a network outside the US.

Yea but the biggest fanbase is in america. I doubt they would do that.

Comment

Because of eight years of Gouald and only two years of Ori....it just all seems like a big tack-on, I wanted to see where the story ended

Comment

do you think it is time to boycott SciFi yet?

so if Stern is not wrong or just lying the only way SG-1 returns is if they cut cast members to lower production cost??

If it guarantees SG-1 return push DJ to SGA, as much as I like Teal'c his story is about finished. Jaffa story lines just slow down the Ori story.

That Leaves Sam, Vala, & Mitchell, bring back Jonas for some reason and you have a new well balanced team

Comment

Or maybe rename/re-brand the show .. in other words end SG-1 and create a new show called Stargate Command .. same cast etc. just season 1 of a "new" series and have ti run anywhere else?

But I bet the contract would preclude something like that, considering that MGM could make two series on two diff channels that end up competing with each other which I bet Sci-Fi may have wanted to prevent through a clause in the contract?

Who knows, but if Sci-Fi stands in the way of a season 11 or a new show on a diff. channel to continue the story then they are jerks beyond anything I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    I would not be surprised by the announcement of another spinoff with a new, much younger cast.
                    Nooooo! We saw that in 200! The universe will implode!
                    Frak! --Apollo
                    Frak you. --Cain
                    FRAK Me! --Kat
                    frakwit! --Tyrol
                    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

A Shabby Axing for an Interstellar Show - August 22, 2006:
                      Originally posted by Segment from Article
                      ...Given that news of the cancellation began emerging over the weekend, before final ratings for “200” were available, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that Sci Fi Channel had decided to end the long-running show this season, no matter what.

It’s surprising and shabby treatment for “Stargate SG-1,” which helped Sci Fi emerge from the margins of the basic-cable world and gave the network a steady rock on which to build the rest of its programming. One would have thought that the powers that be at Sci Fi Channel would let the show’s cast, crew and fans celebrate the much-lauded “200” without pulling the plug on the program so abruptly and with such frankly terrible timing...
                      http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....tis/index.html

Booted `Stargate SG-1' Could Live On - August 23, 2006:
                      Originally posted by Segment from Article
                      The Sci Fi Channel has pulled the plug on "Stargate SG-1," but there still might be life ahead for the long-running series.

MGM, which produces the show, is hoping to dock it on another channel.

"We do have plans," MGM spokesman Jeff Pryor told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "This is not the end of the `Stargate' franchise. This is just the end of (`Stargate SG-1') airing on the Sci Fi Channel."...
                      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082301171.html

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

They wanted to make room for Painkiller Jane (OK movie, nothing series worthy) and Dresden Files. SciFi has what, 5 shows, that play at separate times and they want to make room. There is 7 days in a week, how much more room does that channel need?
                        "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                          They wanted to make room for Painkiller Jane (OK movie, nothing series worthy) and Dresden Files. SciFi has what, 5 shows, that play at separate times and they want to make room. There is 7 days in a week, how much more room does that channel need?
                          Not to mention, killing SG-1 saved them a ton of money for next season. It was their most expensive show I'm sure. Oh, well. I think they'll come to regret it.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                            It's not about room on the schedule. It's about room on the budget. Cable networks can only financially sustain a handful of original series at a time. Look at them all--TNT, USA, FX and others. They all only have a few going at a time.

Comment

"This is not the end of the `Stargate' franchise. This is just the end of (`Stargate SG-1') airing on the Sci Fi Channel."

Haha I love that quote.

And I loved how the show stuck it to Sci-Fi in the 200th episode multiple times.

Sci-Fi will get what they deserve in the end.
                              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by OberonSky
                                Full Article:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

So does that mean, MGM cannot look for another Network for a season 11?

Way to go Sci-Fi, ruin the show with poor timeslot/advertising, cancel it, then prevent it from going to another place to continue?
                                Sorru, but I have to raise my eyebrows on a differnet part:

He noted, “If MGM came to us for less,” Sci Fi would be interested in more Stargate SG-1 fare, whether in the form of episodes, movies or miniseries. He would not disclose the network’s license fee to MGM.
                                Doesn't MGM already pay 2/3 out of SG1's budget? I never heard it said about SGA's budget, only SG1, because they know it's expansive and want it to go on. I recall some of teh 200 articles having MGM people saying they raised the budget without asking SciFi to raise it as well.
                                (not to mention that with Farscape, for example, where it was for money, they first offered a reduced number of episodes, then cancelled when Henson declined.)

"We call it 'spinning'!"

It's better for SciFi to stop making excuses, really. Don't recall which article it was, but the one that said SciFi announced they're cancelling the show "just because" got it about right.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X