This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSp2gamer
    Everyone should stop getting mad at eachother, its clear everyone is a little upset about this. We need to stand together to get it back!
    exactly!!!

People, stop tearing into each other. It accomplishes absolutely nothing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
      Ok, so I went out and had TWO martinis and am ready to deal with this news. Sheesh.

It had a great run. But, SG-anything isn't going to air on two different channels...c'mon. So, then what? New series? Movie? Made for tv movie, Mini-series a la Farscape Peacekeeper Wars? What? I don't see the difference between a short season 11 and a mini-series. Executives probably don't either.

Then there's other programming. SCI FI Channel is betting the barn on Battlestar Galactica and its new Prequel: Caprica. Then there's the new shows like Eureka which seems to have caught on.

However, I can't say there's that much new programming I care about on SCI FI Channel. They sure did try to launch a bunch of hooey like "Who wants to be a Superhero?" Gag... hurl. Maybe we can get a house of folks from various Sci Fi shows and mix them up and make them live together...oh what's that reality show that does that? See can't remember. Maybe Tammy Faye Baker really is an alien. She did that house sitting thing. Get those Amish back and we have a reality show from hell. (Can't remember for the life of me the name of that silly reality show...senior moment ...and two martinis at work here)

So anyone know a good 12 step program to de-tox from SG-1?

In the words of Colonel O'Neill..."aw crap."
      Oh man, I have no idea. I had a cigarette when I heard this news. I haven't had a smoke in 6 years. I am a little more settled with the news...still bummed out.

Stargate Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
        Ok, seriously, I'm as mad as everyone else, but for the love of god stop saying you're all going to stop watching Atlantis just to teach sci-fi a lesson! I love Atlantis, and don't want to see it suffer at the hands of misguided shipper retaliation.

Yes it sucks. No it's not Atlantis' fault that it's carrying on and SG-1 isn't.
        Thank you! I was just thinking the samething. I love SG1 and I am as sad and angry as everyone else that it has been cancelled. But I love SGA too, and I plan to continue to watch it. To not watch SGA just to teach scifi a lesson, is sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Like it has been said before: Don't boycott the shows (SG-1 AND Atlantis -even though I'm not into Atlantis...) NOW despite the news. We need to show tptb that SG-1 is still drawing in an audience and it's STILL going strong. Keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Koshi700
            To not watch SGA just to teach scifi a lesson, is sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It doesn't make sense.
            Exactly. Why spite Atlantis cause of SG-1's demise? Isn't that just sorta senseless? Especially considering that (IMO) Atlantis has been better than SG-1 this year.

I'm really glad Atlantis is not getting canned as well but Sci-Fi should have waited until October like they usually do!
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Koshi700
              Thank you! I was just thinking the samething. I love SG1 and I am as sad and angry as everyone else that it has been cancelled. But I love SGA too, and I plan to continue to watch it. To not watch SGA just to teach scifi a lesson, is sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It doesn't make sense.
              i second that. I will not stop watching SGA and BSG just because my other fav show was cancelled...and if you read the article on Gateworld, Robert Cooper advises us not to stop watching SGA.

"Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Comment

Atlantis is a good show...we all should show support for the show, especially now that SG1 is in its last season.

Comment

Here is an interesting article up at Stargate Solutions, including addresses for Skiffy complaints (with phone numbers!) and to MGM and Bridge Studios for "encouragement":

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=650

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

atleast they had a very good run, in fact the best

Comment

really hope this happens, and happens soon.

Comment

Oh well
                        Though I thought that SG-1 was better this season than Atlantis. At least TPTB can now focus on SGA and possibly make it great!

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate1691
                          I will not stop watching SGA and BSG just because my other fav show was cancelled...and if you read the article on Gateworld, Robert Cooper advises us not to stop watching SGA.
                          Wouldn't not watching SGA just screw the franchise up even more? Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, screaming about it then shooting yourself in the other foot.

In spite of this news, support both shows people.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Yeah, although SG1 is no longer on scifi we have the high probability that it isn't over yet. MGM and all the cast and crew want to do more, its just damn skiffy. But you can't just abandon Atlantis because its still on skiffy, it still needs support from the fans! Else it too will suffer skiffys neglect.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Farscape.

Ratings higher than ever... in relationship to other shows however, ratings were continually low. And one of the most amazing sci-fi dramas was cancelled.

SG-1.

More and more people have access to Tivo, DVR, and other such recording inventions. These devices have very little to do with people finding less interest in shows, but more to do with convience.

Ratings (i.e. watching "live" (premiere) broadcasts) is an outdated and truly ineffective system for assessing popularity.

People may have been turned off by the new direction of the show, but I assure you, many were also brought to the show with new blood, especially those Scapers, waiting to see Claudia and Ben.

In addition to "poor live ratings," relationships to other shows seems to be Sci-Fi's continuing reason for cancelling good shows. Eureka (which IMO is worth a season or two, but nothing more), and calling-them-mediocre-would-be-gracious shows like Nightstalker and ECW cloud up the playing field, and Sci-Fi gets anxious because they see newfound interest.

Newfound interest does not mean a wane in the old. And no one who touts common sense can use "ratings" to say that it does.

Just like Farscape I fear, SG-1 will fall, to the utter dismay of the fans (dare I say people of the world?), simply because the Sci-Fi channel is finiky at best. They are here for our sci-fi/fantasy/and on the occasion horror viewing pleasure, but have no idea how to do service to that audience. Cancellation of quality shows, terribly low budget "B" Sci-Fi originals, and shows like Ghost Hunters that don't really fit the target audience are all decisions made by the execs who have lost sight of what their channel is there to do.

Rise up my friends! Perhaps we may rise up higher and faster than we Scapers did. Perhaps we can actually get through to the failing leadership of the Sci-Fi channel.

To do that, we must give them two things. One, what they want. Watch live! Give the show the ratings it deserves. Second, tell them we mean business. Everything Scapers did and more. The interest, the passion, the loyalty is there. We must make use of it.

Valar Morghulis.

-VirulentShadow

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate1691
                                i second that. I will not stop watching SGA and BSG just because my other fav show was cancelled...and if you read the article on Gateworld, Robert Cooper advises us not to stop watching SGA.

"Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."
                                i support cooper on this one

StarGate SG1 Petition numbers:436 & 2460
                                SAVE STARGATE SG1

Comment

Working...
                                X