This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Mmm. I would understand not wanting any more trouble with the SciFi channel. But as for a season 11,MGM themselves seem to be tryign tp generate a hype about keeping a season 11. Yup, they could be lying through their teeth to the fans, but unless that's teh case, they seem to be interested in a season 11. Why shouldn' they? As long as SG1 is still running, the franchise's base is still strong, and they get all the money from DVDs. merchandise etc. It's the SciFi channel that see nothing of that money, therefore should care less if it's SG1 or SGA or a third spin off that continues.

...Unless, of course, they're starting to feel like all the other people who've been claimign that breaking up SciFi Friday is a major cause for the los of ratings
    MGM were interested in an 11th season but after sci-fi halted their plans to take it to another channel (damn them btw ) the idea of the 2 movies arouse. Now the movies have been confirmed and are being written as we speak, mgm would have to dump all that and say to the writers start from scratch with an 11th season instead, all that time and money would be spent for nothing. There's also the fact the season 10 finale has been filmed already, most likely setting up for the movies, it could be that just going into another season wouldn't make sense with the final episode they've done.

Comment

Got this from the people having first reported that news:

Thank You. I have heard the doubts too. I heard it right from the horse's mouth; my sister called after I did to Ms. Hammer's office and talked to her secretary. It came right from the President's office of Sci-Fi. Just tell anyone doubting to actually call the number and ask themselves! It doesn't get much more easy to verify! Guaranteed the people who doubt haven't called. Ms. Hammer is they key to this campaign. She is the only one who can reverse the VP's decision at this point.
      Thanks and KEEP calling!!
      So, why not try and see by yourself??
      Gilles
      http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
      Ben Browder interview
      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Now, the news has been reported by http://savestargatesg1.com
        Read more here: http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=497
        Gilles
        http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
        Ben Browder interview
        Beau Bridges interview

Comment

I hope Sci-Fi is READING THIS!!!!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST STUPID STUNT I HAVE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEEN A CHANNEL PULL IN HISTORY EVER!!!

SCI-FI THIS IS BAD, REAL BAD, THIS IS JUST AS BAD AS IF CARTOON NETWORK PULLED NARUTO!!! IF YOU CANT DEAL WITH MONK OR RIVAL SHOWS HAVE IT ON A DIFFERENT DAY!!!!!! D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T DAY!!!!

IT MAKES IT SO YOU CAN HAVE PPL WATCH

OMG THIS IS REDICULOUS I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!! AGGGGG I CANT SEE ANYTHING WRAPPING UP SOLID IN ONE SEASON.....HOW COULD YOU GUYS DO THIS TO THEM AND US!!!! GAHHHHHHH

WHEN I SAW THE COMMERCIAL FOR THIS IS THE LAST SEASON MY HEART DROPPED. I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL FAN SINCE THE ORIGINAL MOVIE AND I LOVED THIS SHOWS COMBINATION OF SCIENCE/ACTION/COMEDY/AND STORY LINE. ITS A RICH FILM VERY RICH!!!! ITS LIKE BEING IN THE COLONIAL ERA AND KILLING OFF YOUR TABACCO CROPS THUS NO MONEY!!!

GAHHH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL HAVE YOU ALL GONE INSANE!!!

now onto regards of moving on

if you guys get kicked off....go to another channel and make sci fi suffer for its stupididy, heck G4 (after all they are showing star trek..help them) could use you greatly, Fox will love you, seriously.....if you guys end at 11 and make more movies continue, its hard work you guys and women at MGM and the ppl who produce and act in SG1 and Atlantis and your work is highly appreciated.

For me im a RPer who goes on Roleplay sites such as gaiaonline and if it wasnt for you guys heck i wouldnt have had the idea to use ring platforms to drop bombs into ships, or get the rich ideas for advanced crusiers, and then use replicators. I have to say i love you guys, you guys dont deserve to get the boot like this, so if it comes down to it, then move to another channel then and screw Sci-Fi, we love you all.

Chances of any of them reading this are probably slim, and them as in actors in the franchise or producers or other such, but i appreciate them and we all do. You have our support and Sci-Fi can kiss our big shiny behinds. If they want to throw you out then their loss, try another place.

And i saw first page for Monk i belive bombing them in ratings...well how bout this....its called as mentioned earlier go to different time slot TADAAA FIXED...sometimes you have to wonder...do the ppl incharge really have brains at all? Its like monkeys in suits >>.......

But all in all, plz let this be some sick joke, let it be a close call like the wind storms i just had gone through in washington, oh plz plz plz plz, i love this show and if its not around what will i look forward to on fridays o.o......i mean also in sense...how are you gonna cramp the rest of the story in like a season...just how can you do that....or will you merge SG1 and Atlantis? Im just at awe.....Sci-Fi...i never thought could be this stupid.

Maybe if you give em a banana they will let you stay lololol but nonetheless we love you and we dont want to see you go.

(......if only i could use vulgur in this......if only...)

Comment

I can't believe Sci-Fi are scrapping SG-1 after 10 seasons I would have loved to see if SG-1 manage to stop the Ori Invading the Milky Way it looks like some people were right when they said they made Atlantis to replace SG-1.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

"Well, looks like it's suicide again for me". -moe

Comment

i just started watching the show during the ninth season and now it gets cancelled..oh no, its farscape all over again ..im sad, pissed off, an just depressed that such another great show has been cancelled by the the Scifi channel... :,[
                [{.:New><Fan:.}]

.. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiCHiCK15 View Post
                  i just started watching the show during the ninth season and now it gets cancelled..oh no, its farscape all over again ..im sad, pissed off, an just depressed that such another great show has been cancelled by the the Scifi channel... :,[
                  I know how you feel. First Farscape and now Stargate SG-1. Seems like almost every show that I enjoy gets the ax. At least Stargate SG-1 will have the direct to DVD movies. And I'm happy about the posibility of a third series. To me it means that certain storylines could be continued and perhaps some of the characters ( and cast ) from SG-1 can be used.

Will I contine to let Bonnie Hammer's office know that I am unhappy about the cancellation ? You bet.
                  Ben Browder ~ Interlopers
                  Michael Shanks ~ Local Custom

Comment

Originally posted by quicksilver View Post
                    I know how you feel. First Farscape and now Stargate SG-1. Seems like almost every show that I enjoy gets the ax. At least Stargate SG-1 will have the direct to DVD movies. And I'm happy about the posibility of a third series. To me it means that certain storylines could be continued and perhaps some of the characters ( and cast ) from SG-1 can be used.

Will I contine to let Bonnie Hammer's office know that I am unhappy about the cancellation ? You bet.

You can keep sending letters to Hammer and Stern, but trust me, they end up in one place, the incinerator. However, remember one thing, what goes around, comes around.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post

You can keep sending letters to Hammer and Stern, but trust me, they end up in one place, the incinerator.
                      Or they'll keep them without opening for some time and then send them back to the senders, like they did with letters about Farscape.
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                        Well I'm not surprised. TPTB deserve it after coming up with the disaster that was the 200th ep. It's for the best, before it gets worse. I will no longer miss it. I hardly watched S9 but tried to give S10 a chance, but the last ep was just terrible. They tried too hard to impress fans to save the show and it backfired, even sci-fi was unimpressed.
                        WHAT!!! If you dont like the show don't post here! This is supposed to be a "save stargate forum" not a "i dont like the show forum"
                        200 was GREAT! That had to be one of the best episodes i have ever seen!

I'm sure that Stargate fans from across the world could all contribute some funds to create a 24 hour worldwide Stargate channel

Comment

i wont be one bit surprised if SG1 was to suddenly be cancelled. its been runny for ages and im getting bored of the characters.

stargate atlantis is the real deal now.
                          need advice about your mobile/cell phone or have any problems with it that you cannot solve? then go to http://www.gsmarena.com/forum/index.php and post your problems there and see what we can do to solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by bnza8 View Post
                            i wont be one bit surprised if SG1 was to suddenly be cancelled. its been runny for ages and im getting bored of the characters.

stargate atlantis is the real deal now.
                            ... it has been cancelled

Comment

season 8 might have been a bit slow but 9 had gotten much better & so far 10 was GREAT! (ok the 200 episode was a let down but not that bad) The characters have progressed & changed so I can't see how you were getting bored it was getting better all the time. & if there won't be a season 11, I really hope they make another spin off with the SG-1 team still together.
                              & Atlantis is getting better too but it will take years before its as good as SG-1 if it ever becomes that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                                Beleive it or not but the canceling of SG-1 may be realted to ECW, ECW want more air time about another hour or so I believe.
                                which now is kinda funny considering that ecw is on a the brink of collapse

Comment

Working...
                                X