This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HirogenGater
    Thank God for the DVD sales. How are SG-1 sales going? Does anyone know?
    SG1, season 9 is #8 under Science Fiction on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...362780-5946201

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      You mean Who Wants to be a Superhero? I don't blame you for not getting it right.

But I definately agree with that list. They'll never cancel ECW though cause all they want is $$$$$.
      If it brings in $$$, may they can use the income to fund more excellent programming, like another seven years of Stargate Atlantis.

I haven't watched ECW, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Episcopal Women's group. Still, what does ECW have to do with science fiction?

Comment

Which is a better use of my money, buying episodes on iTunes or donating to the savestargatesg1.com campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
          Which is a better use of my money, buying episodes on iTunes or donating to the savestargatesg1.com campaign?
          In my opinion, both.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
            Still, what does ECW have to do with science fiction?
            Absolutely nothing. Its wrestling. Like I said, they just have it for lots of $$$.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              In my opinion, both.
              So you suggest an even split? I could donate (random amount here since I haven't decided on my donation yet) $20 to savestargatesg1.com or buy 10 episodes, but you think it would be best to buy 5 episodes and donate $10?

Sounds like a plan to me, maybe I'll make a large donation now and then buy episodes over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                So you suggest an even split? I could donate (random amount here since I haven't decided on my donation yet) $20 to savestargatesg1.com or buy 10 episodes, but you think it would be best to buy 5 episodes and donate $10?

Sounds like a plan to me, maybe I'll make a large donation now and then buy episodes over the next few weeks.
                yeah, pretty much. Half and half.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scififan70
                  Hello! This is my first post and first time to the forum so please excuse any mistakes in protocol or stupid questions that have already been asked, especially about this subject!

After the last SG1 episode the Scifi Channell showed the preview for the next episode and stated that it is the season finale. That caught my eye because if it was the series finale they would have said so. Is next Friday really the last episode of the series or is it just like a Summer finale? Surely it's not! They have a heck of a lot of loose ends to tie up first!
                  Welcome to Gateworld! Last season but no it is not the last episode

Comment

It's true, but it is not a final answer. Watch the show LIVE. Tivo kills ratings. Also there is a petition to keep the show. There is a link at
                    http://www.savestargate.com You are linked to the petition and you can also email the sci-fi execs and let them know how you feel. The cancellation is not final unless we let it be.

Comment

Don't forget to take the latest survey!

http://savestargatesg1.com/characters.php

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Don't forget to take the latest survey!
                        Frankly, I don't understand the reason for that survey. It seems designed to be another "favorite character" poll. If you believe in saving the show shouldn't the show be "saved" regardless of who one's favorite character is or opinion of storylines?

"Save our Show" campaigns shouldn't promote divisiveness among fans. It is counter-productive. They should promote togetherness.

I really don't get what that poll is for, but if it is for what I suspect, I add it to the reasons I am disinclined to help this campaign.

Comment

Look what I received from NBC/Universal ...
                          In August 29th, I've emailed them in the name of www.thescifiworld.net about the cancellation of the show and about the reasosn why they should not cancell it.

Now, I finally got a "reply":

Your message

To: Feedback U (NBC Universal); [email protected]
                          Subject: From The Scifi World.net: Save Stargate SG-1
                          Sent: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:27:09 -0400

was deleted without being read on Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:26:09 -0400
                          But I will send that message back
                          Gilles
                          http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                          Ben Browder interview
                          Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                            Look what I received from NBC/Universal ...
                            In August 29th, I've emailed them in the name of www.thescifiworld.net about the cancellation of the show and about the reasosn why they should not cancell it.

Now, I finally got a "reply":

But I will send that message back
                            it's [email protected] ? Not [email protected] ?
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

hmmm .... maybe that's a reason ...
                              Gilles
                              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                              Ben Browder interview
                              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                                hmmm .... maybe that's a reason ...