No announcement yet.

U.K. Sky One / Broadcast Schedule Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sigh* I sent them a really polite and friendly begging letter..er..e-mail about a month or so ago.No reply.

Best I send another one .I really want to see that Lowdown.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      *Sigh* I sent them a really polite and friendly begging letter..er..e-mail about a month or so ago.No reply.

Best I send another one .I really want to see that Lowdown.

I finally got a response today from Sky after waiting over a week since their "we're dealing with it now" mail. Anyway .. here's what it said;

Dear Anubis,

Thank you for your e-mail about 'Behind the Stargate' Secrets Revealed' on Sky.

Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to broadcast this programme. This particular programme was made for US viewers only as they took a long break between new episodes in the States.

Thank you for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards

Debbie Tant
      Viewer Relations

It's unfortunate really, though I did watch it recently because I presumed we weren't getting it .. and I don't think we will be, not on Sky anyway. FHB -- there's always other means.
      __

__

Comment

Well, this is interesting to see you all here in the General section. Welcome. *waves*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Well, this is interesting to see you all here in the General section. Welcome. *waves* I think I liked your old home better too.

Thank god I bookmarked it a few weeks ago. Otherwise I'd be freaking out at the mods upon where this thread went.
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            I finally got a response today from Sky after waiting over a week since their "we're dealing with it now" mail. Anyway .. here's what it said;

Dear Anubis,

Thank you for your e-mail about 'Behind the Stargate' Secrets Revealed' on Sky.

Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to broadcast this programme. This particular programme was made for US viewers only as they took a long break between new episodes in the States.

Thank you for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards

Debbie Tant
            Viewer Relations

It's unfortunate really, though I did watch it recently because I presumed we weren't getting it .. and I don't think we will be, not on Sky anyway. FHB -- there's always other means.
            I don't think that's very fair at all!!! We'll have a long break between Seasons 8 and 9 (longer than the US) so does that warrant us seeing it then perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
              I don't think that's very fair at all!!! We'll have a long break between Seasons 8 and 9 (longer than the US) so does that warrant us seeing it then perhaps

The only valid reason I could think of Sky not showing the Lowdown is that we've already seen all the episode that they preview. They show preview scenes right up to Full Alert. The scenes of Moebius are just those when they were filming it, it wasn't anything like actual final episode clips. So really, if we did see it, I don't think it would tie in with what we've already seen.
              __

__

Comment

Ah but there's only really those clips towards the end (the rapid fire shots) that are really from episodes. I think something that might fail to make the crossover is the stuff from Pierre Bernard etc cos unless you're completely into the online fandom (ok there's got to be a few who aren't, right?) you won't have a clue who the hell he is!!!

It's got to be shown for the funny clips, it just shows what a scream the whole cast are!!!

Comment

Ah but there's only really those clips towards the end (the rapid fire shots) that are really from episodes. I think something that might fail to make the crossover is the stuff from Pierre Bernard etc cos unless you're completely into the online fandom (ok there's got to be a few who aren't, right?) you won't have a clue who the hell he is!!!

It's got to be shown for the funny clips, it just shows what a scream the whole cast are!!!

Yeah, I had no idea who he was until recently, and since I don't like him or his attitude, at all. There's a couple of episode clips from 'Gemini', 'IGTBK' and 'Prometheus Unbound'. Other than this, not much at all. Though the humour throughout is very good.
                  __

__

Comment

Oh I managed to see the Conan O'Brien clip that RDA was on via a friend, so I knew. But I dont like him much either!!

David Hewlett at the beginning just cracked me up!!! The way he says hello reminds me every time of 'Woody' from Toy Story!! Sorry, that's totally random I know!!

Comment

Oh I managed to see the Conan O'Brien clip that RDA was on via a friend, so I knew. But I dont like him much either!!

David Hewlett at the beginning just cracked me up!!! The way he says hello reminds me every time of 'Woody' from Toy Story!! Sorry, that's totally random I know!!

David is really great. Seeing the Lowdown just makes me realise how much lazing about the cast really do.
                      __

__

Comment

Practically all of UK has no idea who Conan or Pierre are !
                        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Originally posted by Fox McCloud
                          Practically all of UK has no idea who Conan or Pierre are !

Not a clue, until he did his little Stargate thing. Apparently he's funny, though I don't find him the least bit humourous.
                          __

__

Comment

Not a clue, until he did his little Stargate thing. Apparently he's funny, though I don't find him the least bit humourous.
                            Though to be fair, they do recap the little 'Conan' bit for reference!!

I did like the way AT pointed out how hard they work though!!! Half an hour for lunch? Are you sure!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I had no idea who he was until recently, and since I don't like him or his attitude, at all. There's a couple of episode clips from 'Gemini', 'IGTBK' and 'Prometheus Unbound'. Other than this, not much at all. Though the humour throughout is very good.
                              It is most likely to turn up on a DVD as an extra I'd say. I'm certainly hoping that the season opening one does as I missed that I really need to learn how to train the parent units better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bub-bub
                                It is most likely to turn up on a DVD as an extra I'd say. I'm certainly hoping that the season opening one does as I missed that I really need to learn how to train the parent units better!

Most likely on the season eight boxset or the first season eight volume as an extra. Probably. It would be nice to the the tv version, though.
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X