Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would actaully prefer that he didnt do these. SG-1 and Atlantis are the things taht we want to see a movie of, not this little story.

I want a movie based on the show that we fell in love with, not "What Devlin would have wanted"

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

It'd be odd to have two different Stargate story lines going (the SG1 & Atlantis ones AND Devlin's)....too odd. I think it would take away from them both at this point in time. Would be confusing for alot of people.
      His movie spawned a hit, why don't they just work with what is now instead of what the past was. (though I can still understand him wanting to do his version...its his "baby"

Comment

If Devlin does make more movies he better have Kurt Russell and James Spader in on it. Devin says that Kurt and James want to do them but I don't know.
        I can handle two versions of Jack and Daniel but not three.
        "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

dean devlin should make the 2 stargate movies after stargate sg1 and atlantis have finished and use the actors from the shows.i dont think i could go back to watching the kurt russell o'neal as Richard "the god" Dean Anderson is the o'neal that should have been and me and my girlfriend miss him

Comment

I'd much prefer Brad Wright and friends to make an SG-1 movie.

Comment

I think it was once said before Season 10, that a Movie of the SG1 and Atlantis Series were gonna be made.

Comment

yeah, but if MGM strikes a deal with Devlin, that'll never happen.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

SG1 would never make the cinemas. Show is a "hit" talking on how many TVs bought the rights. But all the world fans together can't make it a big box office hit, and MGM won't spend more money than the amount needed for a directly DVD released movie. SG1 should end with a TV-movie, always better than only a DVD release, about which only online fans would be noticed.

On the other hand, Stargate II and III are going to draw attention only for the II and III on the titles, and is the only chance to watch SG back to the big screen. Searching at Google news, it seems that cinema sites are pretty excited with the idea. Everything should go fine now that Sci-Fi Wire's article seems to confirm it by Devlin's words.

Comment

Ehm...

So by your accounts was 'Serenity' a flop?

Firefly was a great show, but SG1's far better known...an SG1 maybe wouldn't be a smash hit, but it'd definitely make a profit!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Simply they deserve it! From the creators to the crew.
                      SHEPPARD: It was on the mensa test
                      MCKAY: You’re a member of mensa?
                      SHEPPARD: No I took the test. *grins*
                      MCKAY: *disbelieving* When?
                      SHEPPARD: You wanna talk about this now rodney?
                      Italian Guide to SG1 ad SGA

Comment

im grateful to Devlin and Emmerich for creating SG but the idea of making to sequels to the original and completly disregard the past 10years of SG-1 and 3 years of Atlantis canon defies and bends logic as we know it. any direct sequel to SG the movie would kill any chance that SG-1 and Atlantis of hitting the big screen because casual moviegoers and non-fans would see the 2 sequals and then see any sg-1 or atlantis movie and simply go wtf? and noone aside from us would see them

Comment

Hell no! The Devlin era is well over, so long and thanks for the idea mate but its not your baby any more.

There's a decade of beloved history here, I've a funny feeling that trying to over rule that is not going to go down well. And I don't think it should.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I think his movies should be made into a TV Miniseries.

They can begin by showing us the TV universe and then somehow we are sent into his ideas.

I would like to see the sequels he's thinknig about, but I rather have a book to explain them because they would mess up Stargate more than it already is.

Comment

While I find Devlin's attitude toward SG-1 particullary annoying, I have trouble seeing how his films will not interfer with the stories of SG-1 given the demise of Daniel's wife and her entire home planet. Has the man seen the show?

Admittedly, I think that the films and the series can coexist. The films would entertain a larger cinematic audience while the series would stay with the fans, and any SG-1 films would be aired on Scifi and possible syndicated networks. That being said, however, I do not understand how Devlin expects to make a successful film franchise given the original rejection that the first film received from critics. I loved it, and many of us did, but we are obviously the geeks who watch SG-1. After ten years of the show, I find that I can't watch the original film anymore, so for me, SG-1 begins with Children of the Gods. To me, Delvin is looking at certain failure by alienating the regular viewers of SG-1 who may avoid his films, (I certainly won't see them in theaters.) and the audience for scifi doesn't tend to embrace the few films similar to Stargate. Most of those films, i.e. Fifth Element, are cult classics.

No matter what Delvin does, he probably won't produce the next Pirates of the Caribbean, and I do not understand how he fails to recognize the show's existence as the only reason people still know his name.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I don't see how on earth the two could co-exist. How can you make two things with the same name, the same premis, the same characters and expect people to understand they're two totally different things? It's nuts.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Working...
                                X