This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
    The movie will never live up to the show, the first movie proved that. The movie rocked, but it was just scratched ths surface. The television show has done way more then the movie ever could. I say that MGM should scrap this idea, and begin rethinking the SG-1 movie.

On a side note, I believe that MGM is only considering this idea because they believe that a movie with the old cast will bring in more green then the sg-1 angle.....fans will not like it but the studio does not care. Its all about money I believe, and MGM is milking the franchise for all its worth. Wright and company should counteract this with a movie of there own. Who is with me?
    i am with you.

i would prefer the sg1 movie to be made by michael greenburg, though (he was partnered with richard dean anderson in their 'gekko' production company).

but YES, an sg1 movie over the devlin one!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
      Wright and company should counteract this with a movie of there own. Who is with me?
      I'm with you!

I would even be willing to donate money to get an SG-1 movie started. I think a lot of people would actually.

Comment

I say that Sg-1 fans begin a petition to mgm for the reconsidering of the sg-1 movie....if devlin wants to mess with sg-1 i saw we give him a good fight. It is the least we can do for the show that has done so much for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
          You forget that without Dean Devlin, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis would have never existed .... He IS the creator with Roland Emmerich, so keep respect for the creator of the franchise.

And the respect for the movie fans? And for its creator?
          I think to let the original creator of Stargate continue his own vision of the franchise is a good idea.
          And if they do another movie of SG-1, it would be at the end of the show, which is not for tomorrow ....

I would be very pleased to find back the original Daniel, Jack and the beautiful Sha'uri
          So. I personally dont want an SG-1 or Atlantis movie, until its the end of SG-1, then itd be good. But I dont want Devlin to make a movie. I think he should just let it go.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I would love to see a movie by Devlin and Emmerich...

I always wondered why it never says "Stargate created by DD & RE" at the start of SG-1 or Atlantis - because they DID create it - the storyline, the characters- yes there are changes we all know and love but it was their universe there story and it was brilliant.

I love SG-1 but I always felt the Guold until Anubis were not even close to being sinister - I loved how Ra was actually really creepy and really seemed to give off a better vibe of being scary. I also felt the jafaa were more sinister and scary too. I thought the original movie was brilliant and anyone who has not seen it or does not remmeber it should watch it again.

As for James Spader well - as much as like MS - Mr Spader is in another class he was the original Jackson and he has been absolutely amazing as Alan Shore in the last season of "The Practice" and now in "Boston Legal" (by the way if you like his character and didn't see season 8 of the practice YOU MUST get it as he was even more fun in that show than in BL). He has won Emmys and A Golden Globe for that character and he is amazing I would love to see him back.

I don't see why they can't both exist SG-1 and a Stargate 2 and I think that with DD and RE recent Box office films that their names would attract people to see the film even if they didn't know what Stargate was!

So I really hope it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinstorm
              I always wondered why it never says "Stargate created by DD & RE" at the start of SG-1 or Atlantis - because they DID create it - the storyline, the characters- yes there are changes we all know and love but it was their universe there story and it was brilliant.

Because they got all whiny that MGM was making use of property it rightfully owned and demanded their names off the credits.

Comment

Thanks for explaining that - maybe now they should ask for their names to be back on the credits as they deserve the credit in my opinion and the shows have been successful so there is no reason not to want to further promote themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                  Because they got all whiny that MGM was making use of property it rightfully owned and demanded their names off the credits.
                  At the time they really wanted to make the trilogy...I recall they didn't feel
                  that their names should get credit for something they would not be involved in.
                  To make the movie Dean and Roland had to sell control to MGM, which wanted a
                  TV series instead..... In a way both benefited from the decision....MGM got
                  a long running series.....Dean and Roland made ID4 which topped ET and Star Wars in the All time box office records....

I don't think these guys need any promoting....they are at the elite level movie making already...

Making the Star gate sequels is a matter of pride with these guys.....it was their creation....and
                  they had dreams of making a trilogy... if you have the opportunity to reach your goal....why not
                  go for it? Apparently some folks at MGM wants to atempt to make this happen...
                  Last edited by dec55; 26 July 2006, 08:39 AM.
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Personally, I can accept that Devlin would want to complete his vision for Stargate. However, the series took that universe and built on it in a way that he didn't envision - and it created a fan base that they never had. Many writers, producers, actors and even fans have added their ideas and creativity to Stargate over the years, and in my opinion made it their own. For Devlin to want to disregard this is a bit difficult for me to swallow - though I can see how many folks - including MGM - might want to make it happen for him. Anyway, if the film happens I personally feel a sense of loyalty to the people who have invested the last decade of their lives in Stargate and won't pay to see it. It's kind of a slap in the face to the actors and writers and producers who've actually perpetuated the franchise and I'm not interested in doing that. Just my two cents. Oh, and I remember Godzilla - yeeech.

Patrick Nottingham
                    www.CastleNottingham.com
                    Patrick Nottingham
                    www.CastleNottingham.com

Comment

Some of you people have issues. I will never go to any sci-fi things now some of you might go on a killing spree. Freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                        At the time they really wanted to make the trilogy...I recall they didn't feel
                        that their names should get credit for something they would not be involved in.
                        To make the movie Dean and Roland had to sell control to MGM, which wanted a
                        TV series instead..... In a way both benefited from the decision....MGM got
                        a long running series.....Dean and Roland made ID4 which topped ET and Star Wars in the All time box office records....
                        But unlike ET and Star Wars, ID4 is remembered by most who saw it as one of the worst Sci-Fi movies ever. So by all means, allow Dean Devlin to produce a new Stargate film if he really wants to, just for gods sake don't let him write it.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier
                          But unlike ET and Star Wars, ID4 is remembered by most who saw it as one of the worst Sci-Fi movies ever. So by all means, allow Dean Devlin to produce a new Stargate film if he really wants to, just for gods sake don't let him write it.
                          I think just as many folks who saw the movie thought is was better than most sci fi movies made. The movie is always played in the US somewhere on July 4th....It is basically embedded in our Pop culture now. As far as Dean writing the script with Roland...They may just do the outline... With all the money they will spend on these films...they may hire a full time writer just to free themselves to oversee the production and the schedule.. These two are known to keep things on budget...in the 90's. Godzilla was the only time they let the budget go and did not use a test audience as so I have read. And since then they never let that happen again on their projects.
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I think just as many folks who saw the movie thought is was better than most sci fi movies made.
                            Well, if you ignore the fact that every single character is the most painfully annoying stereotype... and if you ignore the aliens not only being dumb enough not to ask for any sort of ID when one of their ships shows up out of nowhere but also to have defensive systems on every single one of their ships controlled by the same network (which, presumably has no sort of firewall or anti-virus software installed either). Otherwise, it's definitely not even in the top twenty sci-fi films.

But maybe the story could have worked if it had been the case that we beat the invaders through ingenuity, and people around the world would still be talking about what a great movie it was twenty years later. Instead the human race only survived because we encountered the most incompetent invasion force ever assembled (okay, second to the aliens in Signs).

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                            My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

I think just as many folks who saw the movie thought is was better than most sci fi movies made. The movie is always played in the US somewhere on July 4th....It is basically embedded in our Pop culture now. As far as Dean writing the script with Roland...They may just do the outline... With all the money they will spend on these films...they may hire a full time writer just to free themselves to oversee the production and the schedule.. These two are known to keep things on budget...in the 90's. Godzilla was the only time they let the budget go and did not use a test audience as so I have read. And since then they never let that happen again on their projects.

Hmm...not sure you really know what the hell your talking about. Delvin is obviously trying to cash in on this series.....ID4 is terrible, and Delvin is even worse when it comes to writing scripts. .....oh and Godzilla from the 90's is not a blockbuster or a best seller, its grabage....so maybe you should reconsider your position on this issue. If you love Stargate as the true fans do, then stand up for the show.....we are the reason the show still is going strong.

Comment

Dean Devlin talks the return of James Spader and Kurt Russell in his proposed STARGATE sequels:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/4274/2/

Comment

Working...
                                X