This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Guest Actors in SciFi Original Movie June '08:

Oh, us lucky SciFi Channel fans. This is what we have to look forward to in June:

JUNE 14 2008 AT 9PM - NYC: TORNADO TERROR

Filmed in Canada, this made-for-tv flick stars Nicole de Boer (who is guest starring in SGA's fifth season episode "Whispers'), Sebastian Spence (SG1's "Death Knell'), Colby Johannson (SG1's "Prometheus"), Jerry Wasserman (SG1's "Touchstone" and "Inauguration"), Jennifer Copping (SG1's "New Ground"), Richard Ian Cox (SG1's "New Ground" and SGA's "The Defiant One"), Samantha Ferris (SG1's "Out of Mind" and "Into the Fire"), Matthew Harrison (SG1's "Double Jeopardy" and SGA's "Conversion"), Winston Rekert (SG1's "The Tok'ra, Parts 1 & 2") and Kurt Max Runte (SG1's "A Matter of Time" and "The Lost City, Part 2").
    Last edited by morjana; 05 May 2008, 02:20 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite - Firefly Mini-Marathon May 16 '08:

The SciFi Channel has scheduled a Firefly mini-marathon for Friday May 16 '08 beginning at 8am:

8:00A SERENITY - PT 1
      09:00A SERENITY - PT 2
      10:00A THE TRAIN JOB
      11:00A BUSHWHACKED
      12:00P SHINDIG
      1:00P SAFE
      2:00P OUR MRS. REYNOLDS
      3:00P JAYNESTOWN

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Andrew Jackson - SciFi Talk: Audio Interview:

From SciFi Talk:

http://scifitalk.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=335858

Andrew Jackson - The '08 Edition

A busy man these days, Andrew is shooting The Sea Wolf with a top notch cast. In addtion he will be starring in Seed and can bee seen on season one of Kyle XY now out on DVD. Andrew is branching out producing two projects, a telemovie and Moments With Prospero. Music by Victor Stellar.

[NOTE: Andrews Jackson guest-starred in SG1's "Divide and Conquer" as the Tok'ra's Supreme High Councillor Per'sus.]

Podcast link:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/scifit...wJackson08.mp3

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - GateShip One Net: Paul McGillion Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....71&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Amanda Tapping - Teletext Showbiz Spy (UK):

From Teletext Showbiz Spy (UK):

http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertainm...+old+dear.aspx

Colonel to be old dear?

Amanda Tapping of axed cult sci-fi show Stargate SG-1 (she still plays Colonel Samantha Carter in DVD films of Stargate) asks me to put up her message to Jennifer Saunders.

"Tell her I'd love to be in one of her comedies," says Amanda.

"It would be great to be one of the batty old dears in Jam And Jerusalem. I hope you read this, Jennifer."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Kavan Smith’s SUPERNATURAL episode, “Time is on My Side,” will air on the CW on Thursday, May 8th at 9:00pm ET

Sam and Dean investigate zombies in a small Pennsylvania town, where they find a doctor (Billy Drago) with a sinister agenda. Meanwhile, Bobby learns where Bela (Lauren Cohan) is hiding, so Dean confronts her, leaving Sam to deal with the doctor.

REMINDER: Paul McGillion’s telemovie, ME, MOM, DAD, AND HER, airs Saturday, May 10th at 9:00pm on the Lifetime network

Comment

For those of you who are Teryl Rothery Fans

I've just received a note from the producer of his short Film Coffee Diva

Here is email, with my information deleted:

I promised the writer/producer/director to spread the word concerning, "Coffee Diva" a short film starring Teryl.

The following is the email from Geoff Redknap to me:
                "Coffee Diva is beginning it's festival run in England. I recently played in the Stanford Film Festival. It plays tomorrow in the Trenton Film Festival in New Jersey http://www.trentonfilmfestival.org/schedule.aspx Later this month, it plays in the Naoussa Film Festival in Greece.

Also, and I'm sure you know this, Teryl was nominated for a Leo Award. They cover B.C. film and television. We all wish her the best of luck.

I truly hope to update the Coffee Diva website soon.
                The website he is referring to is
                http://coffeediva.net/

Currently, there isn't much up except a front page with Teryl's picture

I'll try to keep people here posted.

Comment

EUREKA marathon on May 11th. Various Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis actors appear in guest roles.

05/11 9:00 AM - Phoenix Rising
                  05/11 10:00 AM - Try, Try Again (Barclay Hope, SG1)
                  05/11 11:00 AM - Unpredictable (David Nykl, SGA)
                  05/11 12:00 PM - Duck, Duck Goose
                  05/11 1:00 PM - Noche de Suenos (Colin Cunningham, SG1)
                  05/11 2:00 PM - E-MC...? (Allison Hossack, SGA)
                  05/11 3:00 PM - Sight Unseen
                  05/11 4:00 PM - Maneater (Lexa Doig, SG1; Richard Ian Cox, SG1/SGA)
                  05/11 5:00 PM - All that Glitters (Michael Shanks)
                  05/11 6:00 PM - A Night at Global Dynamics (Barclay Hope, SG1)

Full episodes cast can be found at

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/epcast

Comment

SG1/SGA - Amanda Tapping/Paul McGillion - 'Engaged to Kill':

The 2006 made-for-TV movie, 'Engaged to Kill,' is scheduled for an encore presentation on Friday, May 9 at 12pm on the Lifetime cable channel.

'Engaged to Kill' was made in Canada and some of the co-stars are familiar faces from Stargate SG1 / Stargate Atlantis, including: Anne Marie DeLuise (SG1's "The Other Side" and "Bounty'), SG1/SGA's Peter DeLuise, Daniella Evangelista (SG-1's "Crusade"), SGA's Paul McGillion, SG1/SGA's Amanda Tapping, Katharine Isabelle (SG1's "Camelot') and Dominic Zamprogna (SGA's "Childhood's End").

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/BSG - The SciFi Guys: Teryl Rothery/Jamie Bamber Audio Interviews:

From The SciFi Guys:

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/

From the Friday, May 9 The SciFi Guys broadcast (with the Amanda Tapping interview), audio interviews with Teryl Rothery (Dr. Janet Fraiser) and Jamie Bamber (Maj. Lee Adama from BSG) are also available.

The download link:

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/downloads/TheS...targateSG1.mp3

The program is formatted as a .mp3 and is 3 hours 10 minutes in length.

At about the 1:07 mark, actor Jamie Bamber is interviewed until the 1:25 mark.

At about the 2:03, actress Teryl Rothery is interviewed until the 2:17 mark.

Both of these interviews are from the archives of The SciFi Guys previous broadcasts -- which are NO longer available for download at the web site.

Amanda Tapping's interview begins at the 2:41 mark and concludes at the 2:52 mark. Ms. Tapping discusses the final seasons of Stargate SG-1; the made-for-DVD movies, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum; working on the fourth and fifth seasons of Stargate Atlantis; and her new series, Sanctuary, which premieres this fall on the SciFi Channel.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - SciFi Talk: Blu Mankuma Audio Interview:

[NOTE: Blu Mankuma portrayed Sheriff Knox in SG1's 'Nightwalkers,' and provided a character voice in an episode of Stargate Infinity. A US actor who resides in Vancouver, he has appeared in over 150 TV and Film productions, including Supernatural and MacGyver.]

From SciFi Talk:

http://scifitalk.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=336691

Wed, 7 May 2008

Blu Mankuma

Talented actor in front of a camera or mircophone who has racked up some serious genre credits, joins me from Vancouver, BC. We chat about his role in Tin Man, plus roles in Blood Ties, The Collector, Gene Roddenbery's Andromeda, The Dead Zone and Beast Wars. Special Thanks to Bill Wanstrom of Wanstrom And Associates. Music is by Victor Stellar.

Download link:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/scifitalk/BluMankuma.mp3

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Morena Baccarin

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...bfaf5b4793d7e9

Morena Baccarin cast in Hemingson pilot
                          ABC ensemble set in L.A. law firm

By Nellie Andreeva and Kimberly Nordyke
                          May 8, 2008, 12:54 AM

Morena Baccarin has landed the female lead in ABC's untitled Dave Hemingson drama pilot… The Hemingson project, from 20th TV, is an ensemble about a law school grad (Matt Long) from a blue-collar background who joins a Los Angeles boutique law firm. Baccarin ("Heartland") will play another new associate at the firm, a scrupulous Beverly Hills born and bred. She is repped by ICM and the Collective

And for FIREFLY folk…

… "Castle," from ABC Studios, is a comedic procedural about a famous mystery novelist (Nathan Fillion) helping the NYPD solve crimes. Santiago-Hudson ("Lackawanna Blues") will play a police chief. He is repped by Gersh and Vincent Cirrincione.

Full story at link above, plus photo of Morena

Comment

SG1 - Stargate Planet: Bill Corcoran (Director) Interview:

From Stargate Planet:

http://stargate-planet.de/stargate.html

GERMAN

http://www.stargate-sg1-planet.de/ar...an2008-de.html

ENGLISH

http://www.stargate-sg1-planet.de/ar...n2008-eng.html

A brief excerpt:

Interview with Bill Corcoran

Stargate-Planet, April 2008

Bill Corcoran directed the Stargate episodes "Seth" and "One false step". We're grateful that he took some time off his busy schedule to answer a few career related questions for our German website visitors.

**snippage**

S-P.de: "One False Step" is one of our favourite episodes, especially because of the interactions of the main characters (i.e. Jack and Daniel arguing on that planet). Another favourite scene is the one where Daniel is explaining to the Aliens that they are trying to find the UAV. Which influence could you as the director take on various scenes or was everything written in the script?

BC: I loved doing One False Step, as the "aliens" had no real language I hired actors experienced in mime to develop their own communication and we improved quite a bit with the actors to see the development of trust and language between the two worlds. Michael Shanks was great with accessing the situation and really responsible for making the scene in the shelter come alive. It had great humanity and humour thanks to everyone's willingness to suspend disbelief and work together. I loved the primitive stick drawings he did in the sand. The writers and producers were very collaborative in allowing the actors and myself and the rest of the creative team, wardrobe, makeup, etc come up with a concept and make it work. The production design team at SG1 was very strong and always surprised one with their invention.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Claudia Black - Scripps News: Claudia Guests on "Moonlight":

From Scripps News:

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/33021

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Highlights for the week of May 11-17 (listings subject to change; check local listings):

**snippage**

FRIDAY

-- "Moonlight" (9 p.m., CBS). Claudia Black turns up as The Cleaner! She's a menace, and, yet, tidy.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - FADPOV: Exclusive Interview: FADPOV Talks With Ryan Robbins - Part 1:

(NOTE: Ryan Robbins has portrays the Genii, Ladon Radim, on Stargate Atlantis.]

From FADPOV:

http://www.fadpov.com/read.php?ID=736

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Exclusive Interview: FADPOV Talks With Ryan Robbins

When FADPOV had the chance to chat with actor Ryan Robbins a little while ago, we were more than thrilled to spend a slightly overcast afternoon in North Vancouver with this iconic star. Two hours later and Ryan's charm and wit has completely won us over as he regales us with fun stories from various sets, and what it’s been like to bring characters to life in favourite shows like Battlestar Galactica, Stargate: Atlantis, The Guard, Sanctuary, and so many others.

It certainly also doesn’t hurt that Ryan’s animated tales are shared over luscious organic coffee as we get sneaky peeks at the tattoo of his daughter’s name over his shoulders, all the while wondering how we should raise the fact that we think he looks the spitting image of an adorable Viggo Mortensen…

As we got to spend so much time with Ryan, we’ve decided to break this interview into two parts so you don’t miss out on anything. We certainly hope you enjoy this little insight into Ryan’s life as much as we enjoyed talking with him!!

**snippage**

FADPOV: We spoke with Dan Payne recently, and he was in the movie Smile Of April with you recently, wasn’t he? Being based here in Vancouver, do find you come across all the same people when you arrive on movie and tv sets?

Ryan: No, not really, but depending on the community you’re in. The girls who made Smile Of April, Sabrina and Jessica, they’re from France, and I met them on an unrelated movie called Taming Tammy that they were working on. They wanted to go to film school, but it was expensive so they just came here and started working in film to get the experience they needed. They’re big sci fi fans, by the way. And they’re so ambitious and tenacious and they’re very, very talented people.

Anyway, I met them on Taming Tammy and it turns out that they knew who I was and they’re big Stargate fans. They started talking and they said to somebody I knew on the show, “Oh we’re doing this short film and we’d really like Ryan to be in it, but we don’t want to ask him because he won’t do it.” So somebody asked me on their behalf and when I read the script I was happy to do it.

And so we did this short film and from there we formed a relationship. They’d gotten to know a lot of us from being fans of the shows we’ve been on and meeting people at events. And once they realized is all you have to do is ask, they figured out we’re not mean people. We’re going to look at it and if we can do it, if we like it, we’ll do it. If we can’t, then it’s no big deal, but it’s worth asking, right?

**snippage**

TO BE CONTINUED…

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X