• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul McGillion

http://www.thehubproductions.com/blog/news.html

Horror & Armageddon updates
    March 2 2009

Hi, guys. We have some unfortunate news to share. We’re having to postpone the Hub of Horror until November 13th to 15th this year.

Due to the bushfires, there has been an issue with our venue. At such short notice, and with the current situation of bushfires continuing to threaten the state, we have not managed to secure a new location. Combined with the facts that another of our guests has been forced to pull out and we have been unable to replace them with a guest of equivalent calibre, and that with the announcement of the bushfire relief concerts, we and many others feel it’s inappropriate to celebrate horror on the same day, when so many people have been adversely affected by recent events, we feel we have no choice but to postpone the event. In order to fit with our own upcoming schedule, and avoid clashes with other pop-culture events around the country, and particularly in Victoria, the best date we’ve been able to choose is in November.

Also in the good news category, we are pleased to announce that the first guest we will be bringing to Armageddon Melbourne 2009 (17th & 18th October) is none other than Paul McGillion, who stars as “Dr Carson Beckett” in Stargate: Atlantis, not to mention his upcoming role in the new Star Trek movie. Paul joined us last year for GenCon in Brisbane, but as so many Stargate fans were unable to attend, he’s been kind enough to accept our invitation to return to Australia. We’re sure you’ll join with us in wishing Paul a very warm welcome when he attends later in the year.

The Hub

full article at link above

Comment

Paul McGillion

Check out David Nykl's blog at

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...-into-bar.html

for the latest on Paul McGillion

Comment

I don't think I've seen this mentioned.

Corin Nemec

His Sci Fi movie Sea Beast (formerly Troglodyte) will be airing on Saturday, March 14 at 9/8C. No major details, but my crystal ball says it's going to be about a sea monster eating everyone.

Sci Fi's very informative page

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post

Corin Nemec

His Sci Fi movie Sea Beast (formerly Troglodyte) will be airing on Saturday, March 14 at 9/8C. No major details, but my crystal ball says it's going to be about a sea monster eating everyone.

Oh, I'm sure it will be dreadful (virtually all their movies are), but I'll probably take a peek!

Comment

Robert Patrick back in Terminator 5?

http://fusedfilm.com/2009/03/rumor-r...-terminator-5/

Those who are regular readers to this site know that I am stickler for clever
            writing and ideas that bring character consistency to redeveloping of
            franchises or sequels to dormant film series. McG has surprised me giving one
            clever idea on how to bring Robert Patrick back in the sequel to Terminator Salvation at the age of 50 without compromising his role from Terminator 2 as the T-1000.The comment came from WonderCon in San Francisco and we bring it to you via Fearnet.

VISIT link for full story and details

Comment

Corin Nemec

You win! Whoo, Skiffy's description is just... awful.

From TV GUIDE:
              An amphibious monster menaces a small fishing village.

You know, they never menace LARGE fishing villages, only small ones...
              Last edited by prion; 04 March 2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                You win! Whoo, Skiffy's description is just... awful.

From TV GUIDE:
                An amphibious monster menaces a small fishing village.

You know, they never menace LARGE fishing villages, only small ones...
                The Mystic Smurf sees all. Have your future told. Sci Fi Originals a speciality...

I doubt the budget stretches to a large fishing village. Imagine the cost of doubling the number of people in a movie to 20!

I have found a picture of the monster, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled by its awesomeness.
                I'm sure it'll look better in the final film...

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: Stargate Magazine Interviews Samantha Carter:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=590

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - Justin Louis - Playbill News: Grey Gardens on HBO Apr 18:

At Playbill News:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

HBO Announces April Premiere for "Grey Gardens" Film

By Adam Hetrick
                    05 Mar 2009

The new HBO film "Grey Gardens," starring Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore as the eccentric Beales, will premiere on the cable network April 18.

Directed by Michael Sucsy, who co-authored the teleplay with Patricia Rozema, HBO's "Grey Gardens" utilizes the original 1975 Maysles brothers documentary as a framing device for the new film that traces the lives of the Beale women from the 1930s through the mid 1970s when the documentary was filmed and released in theatres.

... For the HBO non-musical film, Drew Barrymore stars as Little Edie Beale, with Academy Award-winning actress Jessica Lange as Big Edie Beale. The film also stars Tony nominee Malcolm Gets as George Gould Strong, Jeanne Tripplehorn as Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Ken Howard as Phelan Beale, as well as Arye Gross and Justin Louis, as Albert and David Maysles, respectively.

... For further information, visit HBO.

[Note: Click on HBO FILMS CLIPS and there is a behind-the-scenes making of featurette at the site.]

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The Mystic Smurf sees all. Have your future told. Sci Fi Originals a speciality...

I doubt the budget stretches to a large fishing village. Imagine the cost of doubling the number of people in a movie to 20!

I have found a picture of the monster, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled by its awesomeness.
                      I'm sure it'll look better in the final film...
                      Bwahahah! It's adorkable. Soooo cheesey the film should bea laugh riot, although i'm sure it wasn't intended as such *cough*. Thx.

Comment

Michael Shanks

Great news today for those attending the annual Creation Entertainment Official STARGATE SG-1/ATLANTIS Convention coming to Chicago on August 21-23, 2009.... Michael Shanks has been added to our guest list which already includes Amanda Tapping, Joe Flanigan and Paul McGillion (with more to come)! It is going to be a wonderful weekend of Stargate fun, don't miss it!

Full details at http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm

Comment

SPOILERS - SG1 - Shanks - Newark Star-Ledger: Burn Notice, "Lesser Evil":

[NOTE: This article contains spoilers for the Burn Notice second season finale.]

At the Newark Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ):

Burn Notice, "Lesser Evil": I guess this means we're not going to Disney World

by Alan Sepinwall/The Star-Ledger

Thursday March 05, 2009, 11:00 PM

Spoilers for the "Burn Notice" season two finale coming up just as soon as I ask On-Star for the nearest hardware store...

"You have no idea what hell will rain down if we stop watching out for you." -Management "I'll take my chances." -Michael

Spoiler:
                          And so an outstanding season of "Burn Notice" comes to an appropriately outstanding ending. "Lesser Evil" featured so many fist-pumping moments that I think I pulled a tendon in my forearm (my guess it was Sam and Madeline making explosive ordinance out of Christmas decorations, gunpowder and non-dairy creamer that did it). But it also featured some wonderfully poignant moments that not only didn't undercut the action, but enhanced it. When you see how much Madeline cares for her son, how scorching Michael and Fi's love for each other is, what a tragic figure Victor turns out to be (and, therefore, how much it pains Michael to put him out of his misery), it only makes those moments when our heroes get over on the bad guys feel more satisfying. This is a show that started off as a diversion at best, then became a fun summer lark, and now I consider it essential, terribly engaging viewing. It feels epic in a way that I never would have expected at any point in season one.

The finale takes care of both Carla and Victor, the former in one of those aforementioned "Hell yeah!" scenes (Fi was probably speaking for half the audience when she said, "Finally!" after putting a bullet in her), the latter in a moment that was deliberately the opposite of satisfying. Victor was introduced as Michael's opposite number -- just as competent, but crazy and overheated where Michael is cool and controlled -- and here we find out he's just another poor ******* who got a burn notice at a bad time, and the poor fortune to lose his family in the bargain. This could have been Michael, and he knows that, and that's why he hesitates so long before letting Victor help him pull the trigger. A great moment for Jeffrey Donovan and Michael Shanks.

I just feel incredibly satisfied by this whole season, and I can't wait to see how things play out next season now that Michael's unquestionably a man without a country. Was Mahoney exaggerating about the threat level, or will we see his weekly missions constantly being disrupted by disgruntled former colleagues popping up to take a shot at Michael, Fi and Sam? And how long do we have to wait, anyway.

Bravo, "Burn Notice."

What did everybody else think?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SPOILERS - SG1 - Shanks - Entertainment Weekly Online: Burn Notice Finale:

[NOTE: The following article contains SPOILERS for the Burn Notice second season finale episode.]

At Entertainment Weekly Online:

'Burn Notice' goes out with a bang and a splash

Mar 5, 2009, 11:05 PM | by Ken Tucker

... In an earlier post I'd complained about how the Carla/Victor stuff was getting in the way of Burn Notice's momentum -- snipping the satisfying snap of Michael's voiceovers, as he described tricks of the spy trade while we watch him craft weapons or execute bone-snapping punches and kicks. But last night, everything clicked into place.
                            Spoiler:
                            In an hour written by creator Matt Nix and directed by Tim Matheson (yes, the actor who must be weary of being credited as Animal House's Otter, and a darn good TV director), Michael united with his nemesis Victor (Michael Shanks) against his handler-against-his-will Carla (Tricia Helfer). We got some backstory -- Carla killed Victor's family, which is why he hates Carla -- but most of the time, we got the action we craved.

Spoiler:
                            And how sweet the moment was when Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) shot Carla; Fi's muttered, "Finally!" was echoed among TV-watchers all across America. More jolting was Michael's mercy-killing of Victor. The final scene, with Michael meeting with John Mahoney as "Management," sets up a great next season, I think. Bravo.

So what did you think of the finale? Satisfied? Not?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Beau Bridges - Staten Island Advance: Spinning Into Butter:

From the Staten Island Advance (Staten Island, NY):

(Please follow the link for the complete article. Movie trailer embedded at the site, includes Beau in the trailer.)

Spring film preview

by Todd Hill

Thursday March 05, 2009

There are any number of reasons to look forward to spring, most of them having to do with the outdoors. But if dark theaters are where you prefer to hang, there's good news: The movies are finally starting to get better.

During those cinematically grim months of January and February, it almost seemed as if Hollywood would've preferred we used the time to catch up on the Oscar hopefuls, given the quality of the new releases. What, after all, was the biggest hit of this winter at the movies?

Judging from its box-office numbers you probably saw it. The one, the only -- "Paul Blart: Mall Cop."

If you missed that one, no worries. There's yet another mall cop movie opening in a few weeks. But also on this spring's slate are high-profile thrillers like "State of Play" and "Duplicity," and solid comedies such as "I Love You, Man" and "Adventureland."

Also coming up is the highly anticipated drama "The Soloist," two ambitious movies for kids -- the live-action "Race to Witch Mountain" and the animated "Monsters vs. Aliens" -- and one truly excellent foreign film, "Paris 36."

And of course it all starts this week with "Watchmen," the biggest movie of 2009 to date, at least if you're a graphic-novel aficionado (if you're not, well ...).

Even bigger titles will begin crowding out the multiplex come May, like Hugh Jackman's "Wolverine" flick and J.J. Abrams' take on "Star Trek." But by then we'll be thinking summer. Blockbuster season is something best eased into, and this spring's films are here to help us along.

Here are the highlights of the next seven weeks. Choose wisely, if you know what's good for you.

MARCH 12

... Spinning Into Butter -- Sarah Jessica Parker, Beau Bridges and Mykelti Williamson star in this drama based on a stage play about racial unrest on a college campus that looks rather dated, considering. We know this is a serious movie because SJP has dyed her hair brown.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Robert Picardo - Sacramento Bee: 'Sensored':

From my hometown newspaper! At the Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, CA):

Bob Shallit: Folsom entrepreneur focuses on indie films

By Bob Shallit

Published: Thursday, Mar. 5, 2009

Former police Detective Torrey Loomis is putting a "face" on the region's emerging independent filmmaking business.

His plan: Open a 5,000-square-foot film editing studio this year in the heart of old-town Folsom.

Loomis, who heads Silverado Systems Inc., is in escrow to acquire a barn-shaped downtown building, which he plans to convert to a state-of-the-art studio serving indie filmmakers.

"You hear about the independent film business here," said the 34-year-old entrepreneur, "but you don't see it."

He intends to change that by opening his business off busy Sutter Street to filmmakers, as well as regular folks curious about the moviemaking process. After a $500,000 renovation, he plans to have editing bays, a 20- to 30-seat theater and a sales showroom where people can check out the latest filmmaking equipment.

Silverado, which now operates from 700-square-foot digs in Folsom's Broadstone area, reports annual sales of $2.8 million.

Last year, the company did editing work for the soon-to-be-released Timothy Hutton film, "Broken Hill." It also provided high-resolution digital cameras and editing equipment for a local independent film, "Sensored," starring Robert Picardo of the SciFi Channel's "Stargate" series.

The new facility will accommodate larger productions, says Loomis, who left a job as a Santa Cruz County police officer seven years ago to pursue his film interests.

Among the editing jobs he's pursuing: a film by Jim Meyers, who produced the Sacramento-filmed "Her Minor Thing," and a project centered at Folsom Prison by Redwood Palms Pictures ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X