SGA - Robert Picardo: UK - 15th Annual SF Ball Feb 6 - 8 '09:

At SF Ball:

Carrington House Hotel
    27-31 Knyveton Road
    Bournemouth
    Dorset
    BH1 3QQ

Guests include:

Robert Picardo (Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek: Voyager, The Wonder Years, China Beach)

Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)

Peter Jurasik (Babylon 5)

Stephen Furst (Babylon 5)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Don S. Davis - Cinema Static: WYVERN - Isn't That Bad!:

At Cinema Static:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Sci-Fi Channels' WYVERN - Isn't That Bad!

WYVERN on the Sci-Fi Channel, by Bruce Simmons:

Saturday night Sci-Fi movies tend to have quick deaths in the beginning, cheesy over the board acting, miserable stories and sad sad special effects. But it is Saturday night and camp can be fun if you have no expectations.

WYVERN did meet some expectations and yet I was also surprised by it. Wyvern delivered the first death within 2 minutes of the movie opening.

Though there were not surprise break-outs of superb quality, it actually had a story that developed decent progression, fair background and typical developments that kept the plot in a decent progression.

... Then there's Erin Karpluk, (Claire) Barry Corbin (Haas) and Don S. Davis of Stargate fame, as the doofy brained Colonel.

Don Davis (RIP) shows the depth of his talent. He is a support character who does not deliver any type of soul wrenching portrayal. Instead, he delivers a seemingly half-brained doof of a character. One we would actually expect from a Saturday night Sci-Fi movie. He delivers superbly in that fashion and I mean it. After watching him for many years on Stargate, this was a great variation of character. I found him fun to watch, knowing he was striving for this affect. I wish a heart attack didn't take him from us last July,('08) but it is what it is.

... I give it a 6 out of 10. A high 6, indeed.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Mark Dacascos (Tyre) - 'I Am Omega' - SciFi Channel - March 21 at 9pm:

Mark Dacascos (Tyre in SGA's Reunion and Broken Ties) stars in yet another remake of the Richard Matheson novel, "I Am Legend," in "I Am Omega," scheduled to air on the SciFi Channel Saturday, March 21 at 9pm. And no one I've ever heard of co-stars in the flick.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - RDA - MacGyver airs on the Sleuth Channel:

Thanks to Luanne on the rdandersonfans group for the heads up!

The cable channel Sleuth is now airing the Richard Dean Anderson TV series, 'MacGyver,' daily at 4am and 7am, and 4am only on Saturdays.

Also, there is a marathon scheduled for February 22, beginning at 6am and running through 6am February 23.

Sleuth Channel also has NCIS, DaVinci's Inquest, Monk, JAG, In Plain Sight, The Dead Zone and Cold Squad.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - David Blue - My Space Blog Update Feb 2 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....1&postcount=21

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - Robert Carlyle - Canada.com: 'Stone of Destiny':

At Canada.com:

Stone of Scone heist now a film

By Michael D. Reid, Canwest News ServiceFebruary 2, 2009

Charles Martin Smith
              can barely contain his glee when reminded that he had achieved something Ron Howard couldn't when his old friend filmed The Da Vinci Code.

Smith managed to get permission to shoot scenes for his romantic caper Stone of Destiny in and around England's Westminster Abbey. And he hasn't let Howard forget it.

"No one's been allowed to film inside of the place for 40 years," said Smith, whose "wee Scottish comedy" recounts the true-life exploits of four patriotic Glaswegian university students who, in 1950, broke into Westminster Abbey to liberate the ancient Stone of Scone and bring the symbol of Scottish sovereignty home to salvage national pride.

The heavy, oblong slab of sandstone is believed to have been seized by Edward I in 1296, transported to Westminster Abbey and placed beneath the coronation chair upon which all subsequent British sovereigns, except Queen Mary II, were crowned.

Smith directed and wrote the screenplay adapted from the memoir by Scottish nationalist ringleader Ian Hamilton. The film stars Charlie Cox, Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting), Kate Mara, Peter Mullan and Billy Boyd ...

~~**~~**

IMDB page for "Stone of Destiny"

So far, the movie has been released in the UK on Dec 19 '08, and is scheduled to be released in Canada on Feb 20 '09.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGU - GateWorld: Brian J. Smith Audio Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....29&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

David Hewlett

http://io9.com/5145066/mckay-gives-a...ge-raunchiness

McKay Gives A Glimpse Of Stargate's Backstage Raunchiness [Starcrossed show]
                  Feb 3 2009

excerpt:

Starcrossed:
                  I have a sort of 30 Rock, behind-the-scenes-of-a-scifi show thing that I'm working on now, called Starcrossed, originally looking at developing it as a tv pilot but I think we're going to develop it as a film now, just to open it up for people. Basically we had a half-hour sitcom style thing.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Paul McGillion

Paul McGillion – hear a snippet of the Stargate Atlantis audiobook by Paul McGillion at

http://albums.phanfare.com/6635032/3...ageID=59460902

This is from Pegasus Four (recent UK convention). Read disclaimers...

Comment

Tim Guinee played Vala's husband in SG-1.

WHEN A FELLOW AGENT IS GUNNED DOWN, THE TEAM FINDS THE ANSWER TO HIS MURDER MAY LAY IN THE DESERT, ON "NCIS," TUESDAY, FEB. 24
                      Lance Henriksen ("Millennium") Guest Stars as Sheriff Clay Boyd

Mira Furlan ("Lost," "Babylon 5") Guest Stars as Dina Risi

Features "Tomorrow Still Comes" by Will Dailey from the Upcoming NCIS Soundtrack

"South By Southwest" - The death of a NCIS agent leads Gibbs and Tony into the desert to locate a woman who holds the answer to the mystery, on NCIS, Tuesday, Feb. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GUEST CAST:

Sheriff Clay Boyd................... Lance Henriksen
                      Bart Lemming................................. Tim Guinee
                      Dina Risi........................................ Mira Furlan
                      Navy Commander Weidman............................. Patrick St. Esprit
                      Navy Seaman Richard Zell...... Robert Ri'Chard
                      NCIS Agent Jack Patterson............ Matt Miller
                      NCIS Mailroom Clerk Roy............ Zach Lewis
                      Meek Looking Man................ Barry Livingston
                      Uniformed Cop #1..................... Aaron Norvell
                      Uniformed Cop #2..... John Roderick Davidson

DIRECTED BY: Tom Wright

WRITTEN BY: George Schenck & Frank Cardea

Comment

SG1 - Tony Amendola (Bra'tac) - Theater Mania: 'Three Sisters':

At Theater Mania:

Desperate Housewives' Ricardo Antonio Chavira Stars in Chalk Repertory's Three Sisters

Ricardo Antonio Chavira, who plays Carlos Solis on Desperate Housewives, is currently starring in Chalk Repertory's U.S. premiere of Susan Coyne's adaptation of Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov. The production opened at the recently restored Masonic Lodge of the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on January 30, with Larissa Kokernot at the helm.

Set to run through February 22, this adaptation of Chekhov's classic work also features Joy Osmanski, Jennifer Chang, Aileen Cho, and Feodor Chin who make up the Prosorov family. The ensemble also includes Tony Aguilar, Tony Amendola, Corey Brill, Tom Carey, Owiso Odera, Teri Reeves, Adam J. Smith, Richard Tanne, and Eva Wielgat.

For more information, visit chalkrep.com.

~~**~~~**

Chalk Rep's Three Sisters link:

JANUARY 30 - FEBRUARY 22, 2009
                        FRIDAYS AT 8PM, SATURDAYS at 2PM/8PM, SUNDAYS at 7PM
                        OPENING NIGHT SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1 at 7:30PM

In the Historic Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
                        6000 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038

Tickets are $30 and available at www.TicketWeb.com or 1-866-468-3399
                        Student Rush Tickets and Military Discounts Available at the door with valid ID
                        Pay What You Can Night, Sunday, February 8 at 7PM

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Brian J. Smith (SGU) interview at direct link at

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/future_face.shtml

Comment

SG1 - Corin Nemec - in new film, 'The Dark Between the Stars':

At Blic Online:

Ken Foree before “Zone of the Dead” premiere

I want to shoot in Serbia again

Author: Milica Cule | Foto: M. Peri? | 05.02.2009

An actor Ken Foree, an American star of horror films, visited Belgrade and Pancevo as shooting locations of the film “Zone of the Dead”. The film is directed by Milan Todorovic and Milan Konjevic, while the script was written by Vukota Brajovic. Foree has the role of Reyes, an Interpol agent facing the zombies. Ken is coming to Belgrade again to attend the premiere of the film at the FEST.

**snippage**

“I didn’t go out much in Belgrade, because the hotel food was excellent (laughing). I have to admit that the club “Havana” is great. I love to dance, although I’m not much of a dancer. However, the fact is that Serbian women are the most beautiful in the world,” says the actor, who will soon start shooting of the film “The Dark Between the Stars” with Corin Nemec and Aimee Brooks.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Adam Baldwin (Col. Dixon) - A,V. Club: Random Roles - Adam Baldwin:

At A.V. Club:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Adam Baldwin

by Steve Heisler February 2, 2009

Welcome to Random Roles, wherein we ask actors for memories about roles that defined their careers. The catch: They don't know beforehand what roles we'll ask them to talk about.

The actor: Adam Baldwin, currently the stoic, wisecrackin' government agent on NBC's Chuck, which returns from its mid-season break with a 3D episode on Monday, February 2. Baldwin is perhaps best known for playing Jayne Cobb in Joss Whedon's Firefly and Serenity (another largely wisecrackin' stoic role), and he got his start in 1980's My Bodyguard when he was still in high school.

A brief excerpt:

Drillbit Taylor (2008)—"Disgruntled Bodyguard"

AB: There's a little clip out there on YouTube if you Google "Drillbit Taylor Bodyguard interview." Steve Brill, Michael J. Fox, Richard Dean Anderson, and I would all play hockey in a local actors' league together. Steve knew me from that, so he threw me in for a cameo. But I had to convince them it would be okay to let me wear the My Bodyguard jacket, which I still have. Their idea was to throw me in that cameo montage, but I figure if I'm gonna do it, I might as well do the character with the dirty white T-shirt and the jacket. It's a laugh for the parents taking their kids to see the movie who saw My Bodyguard in theaters. A friend of mine said, "Oh! I laughed when I saw it. My kids didn't get it, but I did."

AVC: Was it a retrospective moment, donning the jacket again?

AB: It still fits!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Mili Avital(Sha'uri from '94 movie) was on FX's Damages season2 ep5.
                                Here a screencap http://jjit.iimmgg.com/image/dd84f32...d5afc4c31bf42d
                                Is that her, I'm not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X