• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    http://www.crazy8s.cc/films2006.html

"Breakdown" is formatted in QuickTime.

I downloaded the movie, but as I'm still using a dinosaur coal-
    powered computer (gasp, Windows 98SE), and the QuickTime is formatted
    for the new version 7 (for Windows 2000/XP), I can't open the file.
    (It's 1,474KB in size.)

Sigh.

In any case, here's the direct link to download the movie (perhaps
    someone else can view it):

http://www.crazy8s.cc/movies/breakdown.mov
    It's not much, just a short trailer for it. It's Amanda in a room by herself, and she says "If the end came today, would you be prepared for it? Not just physically, not just mentally - but emotionally?" And then there's a sound of an explosion in the background and she looks around.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      It's not much, just a short trailer for it. It's Amanda in a room by herself, and she says "If the end came today, would you be prepared for it? Not just physically, not just mentally - but emotionally?" And then there's a sound of an explosion in the background and she looks around.
      Thank you, Agent Dark!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

So I was watching episode 12 and series finale of the internet tv series Pure Pwnage and who do I see but none other than Bill Marchant (Adrian Conrad, the buisness man who kidnapped Carter in 'Desperate Measures' and ended up with a Goa'uld symbiote inside him). He plays 'The Big Bad Guy', the main villian that teh_pwnerer faces off against in the cliffhanger at the end of the first series. And yes, he was very Goa'uld like in his body language and facial expressions

Comment

The [email protected] lists reports that

Colin Cunningham auditioned for a local Canadian (CBC) tv show called J-Pod and got the part. He'll be playing hte part of Steven (manager of a software/computer game company) and he basically cause problems for the young handsome and beautiful geniuses that work there.

Shooting commences on the 17th of this month for the pilot. If it gets picked up it will probably be a 13 episode season.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Yeah, agreed.
            Just found my way to this thread because I'm interested in people's reactions to a specific actor from SG1 in his new role. However, I wanted to put in, regards not wanting to go through everything to find just one or two people... isn't there a 'search this thread' option which if you put in the name of a character/actor anything really will bring you to posts on that specific request???
            sigpic

Comment

There's a "Search this Thread" button at the top of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                I was just wondering if anyone else has seen SHARK and what they thought of Alexis's role thus far? Last week he was featured and I thought it was a good boost for the character. When I first saw him, without having read the credits, I didn't recognize him. Of course, he looked familiar but the connection didn't happen until I saw his name in the credits. I haven't seen him anything else, but am enjoying this new show. In fact, I've been a James Woods fan for a very long time, and I wouldn't have seen Alexis in this role if I hadn't been hooked by the fact that Woods was in the show.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                  There's a "Search this Thread" button at the top of the thread.
                  Yup, that's what I was saying in answer to one of the earliest posts on the thread...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
                    Yup, that's what I was saying in answer to one of the earliest posts on the thread...
                    I see. Wow, that was way back.

BTW, if you want to get reactions on Shark you'd be better off starting a thread in Off Topic. This is more of an announcements/news/updates thread.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                      I see. Wow, that was way back.

BTW, if you want to get reactions on Shark you'd be better off starting a thread in Off Topic. This is more of an announcements/news/updates thread.
                      Thanks... Was directed here, actually, from someone in the help threads...
                      sigpic

Comment

Variety: Day Break: Mitch Pileggi, Adam Baldwin co-star:

Thanks to ellen for the heads up!

From Variety:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...ryid=1264&cs=1

Day Break

(Series -- ABC, Wed. Nov. 15, 9 p.m.)

By BRIAN LOWRY

Filmed in Los Angeles by Touchstone Television. Executive producers,
                        Matthew Gross, Jeffrey Bell, Rob Bowman; co-executive producers, Paul
                        Zbyszewski, Richard Heus, Steven Maeda; producers, Taye Diggs, Abe
                        Hoch; director, Bowman; writer, Zbyszewski.

Det. Brett Hopper - Taye Diggs
                        Rita Shelten - Moon Bloodgood
                        Jennifer Mathis - Meta Golding
                        Chad Shelten - Adam Baldwin
                        Andrea Battle - Victoria Pratt
                        Damien Ortiz - Ramon Rodriguez
                        Det. Spivak - Mitch Pileggi
                        Det. Choi - Ian Anthony Dale
                        Shadow man - Jonathan Banks

There's a fine line between mysterious and just plain mystifying,
                        and "Day Break" lurches over it. A taut thriller that weds "24"
                        with "Groundhog Day," the series' rules are too murky for its own
                        good, leaving behind a handsome, fast-paced hour that (three episodes
                        in, anyway) still doesn't make a lick of sense. Taye Diggs is an
                        energetic presence in the central role, but this frosh drama faces a
                        tall order subbing for "Lost" against CBS' surging "Criminal Minds,"
                        especially with ABC companion "The Nine" already looking like it
                        needs a standing eight count.

**snippity doo-dah**

© 2006 Reed Business.com

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

According to IMDB, Adam Baldwin will be in six episodes, Mitch
                        Pileggi in two episodes.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          Variety: Day Break: Mitch Pileggi, Adam Baldwin co-star:

Thanks to ellen for the heads up!

From Variety:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...ryid=1264&cs=1

Day Break

(Series -- ABC, Wed. Nov. 15, 9 p.m.)

By BRIAN LOWRY

Filmed in Los Angeles by Touchstone Television. Executive producers,
                          Matthew Gross, Jeffrey Bell, Rob Bowman; co-executive producers, Paul
                          Zbyszewski, Richard Heus, Steven Maeda; producers, Taye Diggs, Abe
                          Hoch; director, Bowman; writer, Zbyszewski.

Det. Brett Hopper - Taye Diggs
                          Rita Shelten - Moon Bloodgood
                          Jennifer Mathis - Meta Golding
                          Chad Shelten - Adam Baldwin
                          Andrea Battle - Victoria Pratt
                          Damien Ortiz - Ramon Rodriguez
                          Det. Spivak - Mitch Pileggi
                          Det. Choi - Ian Anthony Dale
                          Shadow man - Jonathan Banks

There's a fine line between mysterious and just plain mystifying,
                          and "Day Break" lurches over it. A taut thriller that weds "24"
                          with "Groundhog Day," the series' rules are too murky for its own
                          good, leaving behind a handsome, fast-paced hour that (three episodes
                          in, anyway) still doesn't make a lick of sense. Taye Diggs is an
                          energetic presence in the central role, but this frosh drama faces a
                          tall order subbing for "Lost" against CBS' surging "Criminal Minds,"
                          especially with ABC companion "The Nine" already looking like it
                          needs a standing eight count.
                          Joe Flanigan actually talked about Mitch being in this tv show two weekends ago during a con appearance.

Comment

TOM McBEATH - Mayborne

http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=4974

The Masters of Horror series continues to grow on DVD with this release of
                            John McNaughton's take on a Clive Barker short story, "Haeckel's Tale". The
                            story is caged in an outer-story of a man (Steve Bacic, "John Tucker Must Die")
                            who seeks the aid of a necromancer, Miz Carnation (Micki Maunsell, "The Tooth
                            Fairy") in the resurrection of his deceased wife. Ah, but is he really sure he
                            wants her back that badly? As a caution, Miz Carnation launches into the story
                            of Ernst Haeckel.

Haeckel (Derek Cecil) is a young, brash medical student with no use for God.
                            He believes that he can use science to restore the spark of life to those who
                            are deceased, citing the work in Germany of contemporary Viktor Frankenstein.
                            Through his source for cadavers, a rather dodgy fellow, Haeckel learns of a
                            necromancer passing through town, Professor Montesquino (Jon Polito, "Flags of
                            Our Fathers"), who brings the dead to life for a dear cost. Haeckel attends the
                            medicine show and sees a demonstration on a dog, which he puts down to sheer
                            trickery.

Not long after, Haeckel receives notice that his ailing father is getting
                            worse, and sets out to see him. Along the way, the director gives us our first
                            taste of gruesome grossness (an earlier flammable corpse not being all that
                            startling) when Haeckel stops for lunch unwittingly beneath a tree where some
                            pederasts were hanged; whatever it is that's brownish and leaks out of decaying
                            bodies manages to drip onto him and his bread, inducing a nice bit of reverse
                            peristalsis in the viewer.

When the rain begins to fall, Haeckel seeks shelter near a necropolis (a
                            fanciful word for a cemetary), where he encounters the old man, Wolfram (Tom
                            McBeath
                            , The 4400), who invites him out of the cold to his cabin. Inside, Haeckel
                            is introduced to Wofram's much younger wife, Elise (Leela Savasta, Smallville).
                            As the night goes on, Haeckel's sleep is interrupted by the arrival and
                            departure of a stranger -- Professor Montesquino -- and by the crying of Elise's
                            infant as she nurses it. But what Haeckel notices most is how often Elise looks
                            out the window into the night with such longing. Ultimately, she leaves the
                            house and runs out into the darkness.

* read the full text at link above*

Comment

JASON MOMOA

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003422,00.html

Rural idyll for Daughter
                              Sarah Nicholson
                              November 14, 2006 11:00pm

Excerpt:

But living in South Australia and playing Stevie Hall on McLeod's means that Mackinnon is on the other side of the world to her fiance Jason Momoa who is based in Canada while filming his series Stargate Atlantis.

Momoa, an American who was born in Honolulu, and Mackinnon met on the set of Baywatch Hawaii in 1999 and lived together in Los Angeles before each was cast for roles that would put the Pacific Ocean between them.

"The time really flies, we can see each other because we have the money to fly back and forth so that makes it easier, and we know that this is the start of a future for us

FULL TEXT AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

News out of burbank; new film project in Vancouver -

The film is being produced for the Lifetime Channel and is directed by George Mendeluk (Under The Mistletoe), with filming due to finish on 30 November.
                                Per Michael, he is playing the role of "a disturbingly bad guy", and is co-starring with Academy Award nominee, Anne Archer (Fatal Attraction, Patriot Games).
                                The synopsis of the film is listed as follows:
                                "Monica Barrett is a beautiful woman of great intellect and integrity, who is a highly respected judge on the east coast. A widow, with a daughter in her late twenties, her life dramatically changes when she is nominated to the United States Supreme Court. But her dream suddenly becomes a nightmare when she meets Jack, a dashing Irishman who professes to be an up and coming writer. In reality, he is a criminal and psychopath, who turns a much needed holiday into an ugly act of horror. Drugged and defiled, now Monica must make a decision in the early morning light: should she keep this act a secret, or reveal it, and have her good name dragged through the mud by the media? Is this a random act of a psychopath? Or is Jack a pawn in a much larger game of political intrigue?

thanks mon and deej in burbank for news
                                Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Working...
                                X