This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewel Staite

was recently at SuperNova in Australia. A fan posted some details Jewel dropped about the 'romance' in season 5. If you don't want spoilers, do not click on link

http://community.livejournal.com/sg_...ove/61685.html

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - Movie Web: Video: Cast Interviews SGA Fifth Season:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....45&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - RDA - Private Jets Magazine: 10 Celebrities You’d Want To Get “Lost” With:

From Private Jets Magazine:

http://www.privatejetsmagazine.com/2...ebrities-lost/

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Gilligan’s Gulfstream: 10 Celebrities You’d Want To Get “Lost” With

The Lost island may have a grip on the Losties, but if you were to be stranded on the island, which celebrities would you want with you? While our Gulfstream V may seat fewer than Oceanic Air Flight 815, we still have room for 10 other passengers, and here are the 10 people we would most want to see on our Lost Island.

Richard Dean Anderson. We are hoping that Richard picked up some of those MacGyver tricks that he used over his seven years playing the man who create a bomb out of a toothpick and a rubber band. How could you not want a man who can make a solar-powered oven out of a coconut and rock on your Island?

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - Chicago Tribune: Update on Burn Notice appearance:

From the Chicago Tribune's The Watcher blog by Maureen Ryan:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,2503354.story

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

News on 'Burn Notice'

June 30, 2008

News, notes and observations:

•In a recent interview (watch this space for more about this show, which returns on USA July 10), "Burn Notice" creator Matt Nix shared a little casting news: Michael Shanks, who played Daniel Jackson on "Stargate SG-1," will appear in four consecutive episodes of the show as Victor, another burned spy with whom Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) and his new "handler," Carla, will work. Shanks arrives in Episode 6 of Season 2. According to Donovan, whom I also interviewed recently, "Victor is what Michael would be if Michael had rabies."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Snippets from French interviews:
            With many thanks to Anais who just sent me two links to more photos of Christopher Judge, Cliff Simon and Torri Higginson:

http://allofest.blogs.allocine.fr/in...&themeID=20925

And more photos and video messages from Torri Higginson and Cliff Simon:

http://allofest.blogs.allocine.fr/in...&themeID=20925

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

New SGA cast interviews. Videos available at

http://www.movieweb.com/v/V08FfG6kZzgODS

Hewlett, Staite, Momoa, Luttrell, and Picardo

Length: 8 minutes

Comment

SGA - Robert Davi (Kolya) - Playbill: Lainie Kazan and Robert Davi to Star in Rachel and Julio:

From Playbill:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/119095.html

Lainie Kazan and Robert Davi to Star in Rachel and Julio

By Andrew Gans
                30 Jun 2008

The New York premiere of Rachel and Julio will be presented at Hofstra University's John Cranford Adams Playhouse Aug. 8-10.

The limited engagement of Carrol Mendelson and William Katt's comic love story will star Lainie Kazan and Robert Davi. Bob Spiotto directs.

Rachel and Julio, according to press notes, concerns "two kids from Brooklyn — a Jewish girl and a Cuban boy. More than 30 years later, they recall two sides of a love affair that forever changed the way they felt about themselves, each other, and the world around them."

**snippage**

Robert Davi recently wrote, directed and produced his feature film debut, "The Dukes," in which he stars with Chazz Palminteri, Peter Bodgdanovich, Miriam Margolyes and Melora Hardin. His numerous screen credits also include "License to Kill," "Cops and Robbersons," "Show Girls," "The Pretender," "Profiler," "In the Mix" and "Stargate: Atlantis," among others.

Show times are Friday at 8 PM and Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM.

Tickets, priced $15-$28, are available by calling (516) 463-6644 or by visiting http://www.tickets.com or http://www.hofstra.edu/HofstraEntertainment.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - TVaholic: Questions for Joseph Mallozzi and Robert Picardo?:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....38&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - SciFi Wire: Stargate's Davis Is Dead:

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=57051

12:00 AM, 01-JULY-08

Stargate's Davis Is Dead

Gateworld reported that Don S. Davis, who played Maj. Gen. George
                    Hammond on SCI FI Channel's Stargate SG-1 for seven seasons, died June
                    29 after suffering a heart attack. He was 65.

http://gateworld.net/news/2008/06/do...942-2008.shtml

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      SG1 - SciFi Wire: Stargate's Davis Is Dead:

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=57051

12:00 AM, 01-JULY-08

Stargate's Davis Is Dead

Gateworld reported that Don S. Davis, who played Maj. Gen. George
                      Hammond on SCI FI Channel's Stargate SG-1 for seven seasons, died June
                      29 after suffering a heart attack. He was 65.

http://gateworld.net/news/2008/06/do...942-2008.shtml

**snippage**
                      that's sad news my thoughts are with his family and friends
                      sigpic
                      Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Actor Don S. Davis dies in Gibsons

Chad Skelton - Vancouver Sun
                        Monday, June 30, 2008

BRITISH COLUMBIA - Don Sinclair Davis, a B.C. actor best known for his recurring role on the TV show Stargate SG-1, died of a heart attack Sunday morning at his home in Gibsons. He was 65.

"He had a massive heart attack," said Gail Wilson, a friend who lives just down the street from Davis. "The ambulances came [and] I know they tried to resuscitate him in the driveway and couldn't."

Wilson said Davis had had heart problems for years and suffered from diabetes.

Davis leaves behind his wife Ruby Fleming-Davis, who he married in 2003, and a son from a previous marriage.

Davis, who had a PhD in theatre, was born and raised in Missouri and began acting in the early 1980s while teaching at the University of British Columbia. In 1987, he gave up teaching to act full time.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

A variety of sites are now reporting on the passing of Don S. Davis:

Pop Culture Zoo

Screen Rant

Cinematical

Davis is one of the many versatile, unheralded character actors to have moved through Hollywood in relative anonymity. I wouldn't say he was a phenomenal talent, though he was certainly very good, but it so happens that he played two pivotal roles on two television shows that, more than any other works of art, shaped my taste in movies and stories when I was a young teenager.

Monsters and Critics

Executive producer Joe Mallozzi of Stargate: Atlantis today spoke to Monsters and Critics on the phone in a conference call, and noted the passing of the actor he cited as a wonderfully warm and talented human being. Mallozzi noted he would be posting a special entry about Davis in his ongoing blog: Thoughts and Tirades, Rants and Ruminations.

iO9

SG-1's producer, Joe Mallozzi shared that his favorite memory of Davis' was watching him work the conventions with fans. Many fans approached the General with trepidation (because of his character) but Davis was always incredibly charming with the fans and won them over immediately. Mallozzi also added that Davis was a true friend and, "had a bigger heart than his character that he played... and will be missed not just by the fans but by everyone who worked with him."

All Headline News

TV Squad

Coventry Telegraph

The TV Show Blog

I always loved Davis, and his portrayal of Hammond was both commanding and fatherly. He had a great career, and was an acting force in the ’80s and ’90s on television with roles on the hottest shows of the time. He will be missed.

SciFi Cool

Pop Critics

I am personally saddened by his passing as I am a longtime fan of his character on “Stargate: SG1.” He played the commander of Stargate command for seven seasons and was fantastic in the role, alternating between stern commander and more lenient father figure. After he left the show, or stopped being a regular, it always felt like something was missing.

Fused Film

I am deeply sad to see him go and though I didn’t know him personally I enjoyed his grandfather/father-like persona on the show and will always remember him has the caring and honorable Major General George Hammond.
                          Last edited by morjana; 01 July 2008, 01:36 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - TrekWeb: Robert Picardo- Closing of Star Trek The Experience:

From TrekWeb:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/07/...perience.shtml

Robert Picardo on the Closing of Star Trek The Experience

After 10 years in operation, Star Trek The Experience at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas will close its doors in early September 2008.

Robert Picardo, who spent seven years as the holographic doctor on Star Trek Voyager and was part of the cast of the Borg Invasion 4-D attraction at The Experience, said he's not surprised by the news, but he'll still miss it.

**snippage**

"Hopefully they'll have an 'Atlantis' theme park ride in the future," Picardo said jokingly.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite - Quantum Mechanix: Firefly Kaylee Macquette:

From Quantum Mechanix:

(Please follow the link for the complete product description.)

LITTLE DAMN HEROES - SHINY! ANIMATED MAQUETTE

Limited Edition of 1,500

The word epitomizes Serenity's unsinkable engineer, Kaywinnit Lee Frye, or as she's known to friends, Kaylee.

Now for the first time, Kaylee's shining spirit is captured in this limited-edition, hand-painted, animated maquette, designed by well-known artist Adam Levermore-Rich, creator of the Blue Sun Travel Posters and the best-selling Battlestar Galactica Propaganga Posters.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Welch - MTV: Twilight Interview and Video:

[NOTE: Michael Welch portrayed young Jack O'Neill in Stargate SG-1's season episode, 'Fragile Balance.']

From MTV.com:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview. Photo at the site.)

Video of Michael Welch

Jul 1 2008 8:34 AM EDT

'Twilight' Actor Michael Welch Auditioned For Edward Cullen But Found Right Fit With Athletic Geek Mike Newton

'As much as I appreciate my representatives thinking that I could pull off hauntingly beautiful ... it's not quite me,' actor jokes.

By Larry Carroll

SANTA MONICA, California — How much do Twilighters love Michael Welch? So much that when MTV News missed the 20-year-old actor during our set visit, fans began online petitions for us to give him the proper Twilight Tuesday treatment. Spider monkeys, consider your wish granted.

**snippage**

MTV: Believe it or not, there might be somebody out there who still doesn't know what "Twilight" is. So if you could, explain Mike Newton.

Michael Welch: Mike Newton is a cool guy. He's a fun character. He is hopelessly obsessed with the new mysterious, interesting, beautiful girl in high school. He's got some contrasts [because] on the one hand he's this athlete, a basketball player, and on the other hand he's a geek and socially awkward. He's like how "Family Guy" describes Shia LaBeouf: When Peter was like, "Not quite the nerd, not quite the hunk — Shia LaBeouf!" That's how I feel about Mike.

Check out everything we've got on "Twilight."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X