Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but think this entire direct to DVD season 2 buisness is a red harring. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but even if it originated from TPTB... they have been getting much more active in planting deliberate false leads.

Comment

I can't help but think this entire direct to DVD season 2 buisness is a red harring. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but even if it originated from TPTB... they have been getting much more active in planting deliberate false leads.
      like the sam/jack stuff... they were just yankin' the chains, betcha. Cus of the course the series has taken now.

Really, we might get a surprize.

I would look forward to a movie, and broaden the scenery, like have a scene somewhere fun off-base. Jack's Cabin or something. I've been hoping for a feature film for ages... ever since I got hooked. That'd be so much FUN!!! Seeing 'em all on the big screen. If it's good enough and hopes aren't let down, I'd be willing to pay the extra 5 or so dollars to see it again. Beyond this, I'd end up planning for the event. :-P

Any news is good news at this point in time. As long as they don't ruin a good thing.
      ~JoLeigh~

JoLeigh's Video Stash

YAY! I finally get to put my sig pic up!!

Comment

Michael Shanks was calling it a "Lost Episode" from Season Two at the Creation Convention in Chicago. Apparently everyone is enthused about it. Frankly, and this is my opinion only, if Richard Dean Anderson will be reduced to four or five episodes if there is a Season Nine, I'd much rather go with no Season Nine to have him back the way he used to be in a 2 hour DVD presentation that will no doubt kick butt, whatever period in which it's set.

Not to mention the promise of more films to follow!

Comment

As much as I would want ANYTHING that had RDA back in a more active role....I am not yet sure how I feel about them going THAT far back in the series to do it. Six years of stuff has gone on and I am not sure I want to have all that forgotten mmmmmmm
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Okay 2 Stargate movies? I heard they were going to be releasing one direct to DVD which takes place during season 2. This is a good idea. An even better idea is the Feature film. And by feature film I don't mean a two hour special. I mean a theater spectacular event. If MGM is not willing to make a theater flick they are crazy. The era of Star Trek is Over. Enterprise currently sucks, and I don't think they could survive another feature.

If MGM makes a feature film they would make huge lump sums of money. Even more than the X-Files movie. The problem with the x-files movie was that they didn't give the background needed for someone who never watched the show to understand the movie. If MGM can make a feature that let's someone who's never seen the show what SG-1 and atlantis have been doing for the past 8 years while having a good story MGM would have even more bloody money than it does now, gauranteed profit.

Also, first Dean Devlin and Roland Emerich had a falling out with MGM over the stargate trilogy, leading to SG-1. Now they want to continue the trilogy. Does anybody now what the status of this is? The original out of print trilogy books based on the original movies sell like hotcakes on ebay, and amazon. They should at least make plans to transfer these stories if not to movie, to another medium like comics. If they do continue making the trilogy movies there might be a nice opportunity for an original parrallel universe type story.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Apprehensions?

Who's with me?

Comment

I hope there is a season 9 for Sg-1 and a movie that would be so cool!

Comment

Working...
              X