Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I was there at Comic Con... (which was so cool by the way!) and my interpretation of what they said is a little bit different...

someone in the audience did ask about a possible movie and they did say that they have had a lot of meetings about that and they are seriously considering it.
    which i would love to see!

as for the "Lost" episode... they made it sound like they were going to go back and do an episode that was set in the time of season two, so with all the hair styles, allies, and enemies of season two back!
    hopes this helps a bit!

Comment

Well, GW has reported on it now, so it wasn't just a silly rumor or anything. Guess it might happen. Still scratching my head over just "why season 2?" though.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Well, GW has reported on it now, so it wasn't just a silly rumor or anything. Guess it might happen. Still scratching my head over just "why season 2?" though.

True, haven't a clue why season two and why not season one, three, four or any other season. Strange.
        __

__

Comment

There must be some major or favorite story pitch from Season 2 that they never got to do. Also, if it is a direct-to-DVD movie, it can be pitched to the fans of the series, rather than just people going out for a Friday movie who may only remember the first movie.

A little strange, yes. I hope it doesn't involve makeup to make everybody look "younger". Hate that.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Well the quantum mirror was still around in season 2. Didn't BW have an idea for an AU episode they haven't been able to work in yet? Maybe the team went on an "off the record" mission thru the mirror. One of those things they all agreed would never be mentioned again.

It will be amusing if they have to get everyone back in season 2 shape. CJ can kiss his hair goodbye, MS is going to have to unbulk and grow his hair (or wear a wig...ew), RDA's going to have to get out the hair dye (again...ew). AT looks about the same I guess.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Maybe this is a test movie to see if a theatrical movie could be a success?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                Maybe this is a test movie to see if a theatrical movie could be a success?
                I don't know if a direct-to-DVD movie would be a good indication. Besides, they already know the DVD's are selling really well.

Comment

That would be nonsens to set the story of this movie during season 2 ....
                  Why don't making a big movie that follows the last season ....
                  It's nonsens all of that ...
                  Gilles
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                    That would be nonsens to set the story of this movie during season 2 ....
                    Why don't making a big movie that follows the last season ....
                    I think they want to do both.

Comment

My guess is thatthey are wanting to do both, and like Star Trek Generations, they wanted to have a story that would affect the SGC, but not in a major way like a movie would, but then they are wanting to do a movie and in my fandom hopes, it will be a 3-way battle between the System Lords, the Wraith and the Tau'ri, who seek the help of the Jaffa whose numbers have increased in wanting freedom from Slavery to the Goa'uld.
                      Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Oooo, to help pitch or develop the story idea for this would be too cool. I'd even quit my job to work on it -- yeah, I know: "keep dreaming, Bandersnatch, you're not a 'big league' writer yet."

Anyway, it would be neat to see the team back in action when the show was focused around action. Very little of the political jargon and motives. The newest comic series is set in Season 2, so why not a movie? There were some great episodes in that season: Serpent's Lair, Message in a Bottle, The Tok'ra, A Matter of Time, The Fifth Race, Holiday, Show and Tell, 1969, Out of Mind... Okay, a great season in my mind.

Time really hasn't hurt anyone in my eyes. Well, MS and CJ might have to lose a little muscle in their arms. We've seen them go back in time before -- Season 4 to Season 1 -- in Double Jeopardy. It worked out fine. I'd love to see Hammond and Dr Fraiser back -- just like old times.

I think it's an awesome idea -- I'd buy it -- I'd even preorder it! Sign me up!
                        Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Maybe (and this is the most logical) they will be tying up some loose ends from the first two seasons and the movie. I hope they make it like THIS. Because this manages to tie up all the loose threads from how the Stargate was buried again after Earnest's unfortunate dissapearance, to how Amonet was forced to find another host, to the rebellion on Earth and Ra's eventual defeat and never to return to it.

I also hope that they use more models and less CG, because although the CG is getting better, models look better for most instances especially if they have the money, but that is one big IF.

Comment

Nothing compares to really, really good CGI.

Comment

I think it is a terrible idea, they need to make everyone look like they did 6-7 years ago in season two. Plus we know by the end that nothing will change so basicly it is $15 episode that I prob won't buy because I don't want to watch the trash they are showing now, so why waste my money on this crap.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                                I think it is a terrible idea, they need to make everyone look like they did 6-7 years ago in season two. Plus we know by the end that nothing will change so basicly it is $15 episode that I prob won't buy because I don't want to watch the trash they are showing now, so why waste my money on this crap.
                                so why waste your time posting?

Comment

Working...
                                X