X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    Sha're who?
    There was also the woman in the first or second season where Daniel was addicted to the Sarcophagus.

And the woman who was Osiris, Sarah Gardner.

And the woman who was formerly the evil woman Lidea..or Linea? who helped them escape when they were sent to a prison. They found her again in another episode, and she'd taken a potion or something to make herself young, and it wiped out her memory.

And then I think that was it, until Vala.

Unless you count Oma.. and I have to be honest, in season 8 when he's in that Diner between life and ascension, I thought she was pretty good looking.

But yeah.. back on topic lol..

Comment

Yeah, but Sha're was his WIFE and not some fling for an ep; there's a differance.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        *sigh*
        I'm disappointed at the thought of Daniel, the conscious of the team to be paired with her. According to spoilers she is paired with more than just Daniel.
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 03 June 2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          I'm disappointed at the thought of Daniel, the conscious of the team to be paired with her. According to spoilers she is paired with more than just Daniel.

I think ALL of the SG1 members are conscious...

If you meant Daniel is the conscience of SG1 -- please, Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Hammon, Mitchell, and Landry and OTHER members of SG1 have also had their part in playing the conscience of SG1...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

yea probably with anyone wearing pants
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Maybe that's why he's paired with her. If he truly is the team's "conscience" who better to share it with than someone who needs some help in that department?

But, I would agree, all the team's members are honorable and decent. Daniel just seems like the one who's most spiritual/bookishly intellectual. Sam's intellect is completely different from Daniel's.

Comment

I guess I need to read after I type. What I was trying to say and misspelled ... I think Daniel is always trying to be the voice of peace. I don't see him being paired with a thief, who's actions are based on what's best for her. It seems to go against his character.

Yes I think Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and even Janet & Hammond have all been the conscience of SG-1 at times through out the series. I think they are all honorable and selfless.
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 03 June 2006, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I guess I need to read after I type. What I was trying to say and misspelled ... I think Daniel is always trying to be the voice of peace. I don't see him being paired with a thief, who's actions are based on what's best for her. It seems to go against his character.

Yes I think Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and even Janet & Hammond have all been the conscience of SG-1 at times through out the series. I think they are all honorable and selfless.

Maybe not "romantically paired" because, yes, I don't see him wanting to get romantically involved with her. But, she's also a key to the Ori, and has gone thru a lot when he's going to meet up with her again. I'm not saying she's rehabilitated as a result BUT I do think that someone like Daniel is exactly the type of influence she'd need to get on the road to thinking about someone other than herself.

You see shades of this in "The Powers that Be". The scene on the steps, for me, exemplifies that. She's says that she just can't do it (heal people) anymore, and he's trying to convince her that she can and should. You can see that her not wanting to help isn't so much based on selfishness as it is on the fact that she's failing. And his cajoling her is based on trying to encourage her to dig deeper and be better. For me, this is probably one of the better, deeper scenes between them.

I believe Daniel has an intrinsic need to help others find their more evolved selves--I think it's like a puzzle to him. And someone like Vala might intrigue him for that very reason.

Again, I'm not talking romance, I'm talking about a platonic relationship. As a result, I could also see her sincerely falling for daniel for taking the time to care as opposed to either dismissing her or using her. It really has the potential to be an interesting and dynamic relationship.

Plus I think both actors are great at conveying meaning in their expressions that might differ from what's actually coming out in dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                    I think ALL of the SG1 members are conscious...

If you meant Daniel is the conscience of SG1 -- please, Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Hammon, Mitchell, and Landry and OTHER members of SG1 have also had their part in playing the conscience of SG1...

Morjana
                    I think *I'd* rather NOT be for that particular conversation between Daniel &Vala...

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                      Maybe not "romantically paired" because, yes, I don't see him wanting to get romantically involved with her. But, she's also a key to the Ori, and has gone thru a lot when he's going to meet up with her again. I'm not saying she's rehabilitated as a result BUT I do think that someone like Daniel is exactly the type of influence she'd need to get on the road to thinking about someone other than herself.

You see shades of this in "The Powers that Be". The scene on the steps, for me, exemplifies that. She's says that she just can't do it (heal people) anymore, and he's trying to convince her that she can and should. You can see that her not wanting to help isn't so much based on selfishness as it is on the fact that she's failing. And his cajoling her is based on trying to encourage her to dig deeper and be better. For me, this is probably one of the better, deeper scenes between them.

I believe Daniel has an intrinsic need to help others find their more evolved selves--I think it's like a puzzle to him. And someone like Vala might intrigue him for that very reason.

Again, I'm not talking romance, I'm talking about a platonic relationship. As a result, I could also see her sincerely falling for daniel for taking the time to care as opposed to either dismissing her or using her. It really has the potential to be an interesting and dynamic relationship.

Plus I think both actors are great at conveying meaning in their expressions that might differ from what's actually coming out in dialogue.
                      You make some good points. I really hope Daniel, Sam and Teal'c are all good influences on her. I am hoping she is toned down a lot. I have confidence in MS and CB it is the writers I don't think can pull it off. I worry about how the writers will write this and all the innuendos that MS mentioned.

Comment

I really hope Daniel, Sam and Teal'c are all good influences on her. I am hoping she is toned down a lot. I have confidence in MS and CB it is the writers I don't think can pull it off. I worry about how the writers will write this and all the innuendos that MS mentioned.
                        I think with Vala there's always going to be some innuendo...and for me, that's ok. I think it's just part of who she is because I think a lot of it is used to keep people at a distance. there's no way he can get thru a dinner with her without there being some innuendo from her. His reaction to it, though, should be key. So far, he's just gotten annoyed and flustered. I think he's finally going to have to look her right in the eye and tell her to stop it and grow up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I loved Claudia Black on Farscape where she played the overall sane one with the dry sense of humor, when she had one at all. I'm hoping the writers start building some depth into Vala, the way the FS writers did with her character there.

***I'm still hoping for one little kiss, though...** I know, it's bad of me.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do. I loved Claudia Black on Farscape where she played the overall sane one with the dry sense of humor, when she had one at all. I'm hoping the writers start building some depth into Vala, the way the FS writers did with her character there.

Personally, I think TPTB did a good job of adding depth to her character in "Crusade". I really think that ep will be looked back on as a real turning point in her character. Not that Vala should change completely, I wouldn't want her to. I loved her overall in the eps she was in last season.

But she has gone through a lot in the Ori galaxy, and I'm sure she will be a little different. And with the constant influence of the Daniel and the other members of SG-1 this coming season, I'm sure that will help her become a better person even more.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I can read it

Comment

Working...
                            X