Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...both the awards Stargate won were voted on by fans.

Take that as you will.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      20 minutes in right now, and it's already featured Hewlett, Luttrell, and RDA, and they were all highlights (so far). The first award was best TV show (BSG won), and Hewlett and Rachel were doing the nominations, and it was HILARIOUS!! (Basically it has Rachel starting, then Hewlett, in his best McKay impression, barges in and starts taking over the presentation...until Rachel punches him out).

RDA, again, was quite crazy this year, and is doing a "Breakfast with Spacey" thing (co-produced by RDA and Ivon Bartok), where he's basically sitting across from one of the award statues, and having breakfast. The man can make anything, ANYTHING funny.
      Thank you for the update, PG15.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

yay for Stargate SG1! yay for Serenity!

Boo for BSG...I hate that show with a vengeance...I haven't hated anything so much since Farscape
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Best TV Show:
          BSG 32%
          SG-1 31%
          Lost 15%
          Supernatural 14%
          Dr Who 8%

Best TV Ensemble Cast
          SG-1 35%
          BSG 28%
          Smallville 17%
          Lost 17%
          The 4400 3%

Best New Character
          Cam Mitchell (SG-1) 27%
          Vala (SG-1) 25%

Brainiac (Smallville) 23%
          Rose Tyler (Dr Who) 13%
          Ana-Lucia (Lost) 12%

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
            Best TV Show:
            BSG 32%
            SG-1 31%
            Lost 15%
            Supernatural 14%
            Dr Who 8%

Best TV Ensemble Cast
            SG-1 35%
            BSG 28%
            Smallville 17%
            Lost 17%
            The 4400 3%

Best New Character
            Cam Mitchell (SG-1) 27%
            Vala (SG-1) 25%

Brainiac (Smallville) 23%
            Rose Tyler (Dr Who) 13%
            Ana-Lucia (Lost) 12%
            Thank you very much for ALL the vote totals, Osiris.

Sob! We only lost Best TV Show by one percent!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Always happy to see SG-1 win awards. It sounded like quite a funny exchange between RDA and Ben when he received his award. I hope someone puts the clip up for download.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Congrats Ben! Glad to know there are a lot of viewers besides myself who are enjoying Ben's portrayal as Mitchell. Best ensemble cast that includes the new additions -- very nice indeed. I agree with the vote re best Series -- Battlestar Galactica is one of the edgier, most interesting shows currently on TV.

Congrats to the entire cast who work so hard to bring us hours of entertainment.

Comment

I agree with all the results having to do with SG-1. I think BSG is a better show overall, but I think SG-1 has a better ensemble. And I'm thrilled that Ben won. I actually thought Vala would win as best new character, but since I voted for Mitchell, I'm glad he won. Vala wasn't around nearly as much as Mitchell last year, so I'm sure that's part of how the voting went.

I have to say, though, that I'm disappointed that some fans are not more supportive of the fact that SG-1 won a couple of awards, no matter what their own feelings are about the changes to the show this past year. I mean, overall, I think it's great that the show is still popular enough with the voters to get a couple of awards! It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jades
                    Always happy to see SG-1 win awards. It sounded like quite a funny exchange between RDA and Ben when he received his award. I hope someone puts the clip up for download.
                    I am sure there will a clip somewhere,and the Spaceys are repeated several times over the next weeks as well.

RDA's leadup to "arriving" at the Bridge is quite funny and he basically gave away the winner long before it happened if you listen to his rambling at breakfast. He makes fun of himself, fan reactions to the Mitchell and to the Spacey awards as well. Ben's part in accepting his character's award went along with the joke.

The Spacey's offer us a loving and often tongue in cheek nod recognizing the genre and it's stars and fans. It was very good at it this year. There were some very well known people featured last night.

Space channel does not take itself too seriously but still helps us all recognize our love for the genre and it's many creators.

Comment

Yay! GO MITCHELL!!! Congratulations Ben and Claudia, you're both awesome!

Can't wait for season 10
                      "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am"

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I strongly disagree. I think BSG has a much stronger ensemble cast than SG-1 does.

As for Mitchell being the best new character? I...have no words to describe how wrong that seems to me.
                        Ditto though I rather Mitchell get it than Vala. I personally voted for Rose Tyler. Yeah for Serenity though!

Comment

argh! id love to see this but ive no chance (that i know of) living in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass

I have to say, though, that I'm disappointed that some fans are not more supportive of the fact that SG-1 won a couple of awards, no matter what their own feelings are about the changes to the show this past year. I mean, overall, I think it's great that the show is still popular enough with the voters to get a couple of awards! It's all good.
                            i didn't want it to win... i'm not *proud* of it anymore.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't fussed one way or other...but the only votes I cast were for Wallace and Gromit, Serenity and Cameron Mitchell.

I did not want BSG to win anything.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                As for Mitchell being the best new character? I...have no words to describe how wrong that seems to me.
                                Mitchell is the best new character sci-fi had to offer this year? How depressing. What were the others like?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X