This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu
    I think it is not important that he will play in SG-1 or in Atlantis. We should be happy that he will do 5 new episodes in Stargate universe.
    I agree. Just having him back for a bit wherever he goes is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
      Yes...I'll eat some dark chocolate to that!

Morjana
      Me too!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
        True, id hate to see him come back just to be used as a filler and to make jokes. This said, i dont think the writers would do that. i mean to have someone of the caliber of RDA and not make good use of him would be absurd.
        You're kidding, right? Given how the writers use the Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c characters (or misuse them), why wouldn't the writers do the same to RDA/O'Neill. Or at least try to. Although, it might be interesting for them to try, just so RDA can whup their a**es and tell them where to shove their crap!
        I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
        Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

I seem to have the opposite reaction to O'Neill going to Atlantis as some of you.

I think it's pretty interesting to see him in a totally different place with a different team. Coming back to SG-1 would be "same old/same old" of him doing the same stuff he did for eight seasons. I liked the brief interaction between O'Neill and Shepherd in Atlantis' first episode. And the idea a Wraith/O'Neill encounter is much more intriguing to me than an Ori/O'Neill encounter.

Comment

Well, I don't want the characters of SGA to have less screen time, so I wouldn't want RDA as a regular in SGA, but I don't mind him in 3 episodes as a guest star. In fact I prefer him being a guest in SGA, because I love RDA, and I love SGA, so I prefer him guest starring on my fave show. Besides, I love the scenes with Jack and Shep together in "Rising", so I'd absolutely love to see them again together in s3. Yes! Looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              I seem to have the opposite reaction to O'Neill going to Atlantis as some of you.

I think it's pretty interesting to see him in a totally different place with a different team. Coming back to SG-1 would be "same old/same old" of him doing the same stuff he did for eight seasons. I liked the brief interaction between O'Neill and Shepherd in Atlantis' first episode. And the idea a Wraith/O'Neill encounter is much more intriguing to me than an Ori/O'Neill encounter.
              Exactly. I wrote my post before seeing yours (I guess we were typing our posts at the same time )

I'd like to see some great team moments with Jack in SG-1 and some Jack/Daniel friendship banter in the 2 episodes Jack will be in. However, I'm not very happy regarding SG-1 story arcs for s10, and I can't stand the Ori. I'll keep watching SG-1 because of the characters, but not really for the stories.

SGA is an awesome show, IMHO. I absolutely love it. And, like you, I think it would be really great to see Jack and Sheppard again interacting together in the same scene. I can only imagine Jack's reaction when he sees a Wraith. He'd say something about them being so OTT, I bet. Hehehehe.

Aaahhh, soooooo looking forward to this. Isn't July yet?

Comment

Originally posted by lily
                Well, I don't want the characters of SGA to have less screen time, so I wouldn't want RDA as a regular in SGA, but I don't mind him in 3 episodes as a guest star. In fact I prefer him being a guest in SGA, because I love RDA, and I love SGA, so I prefer him guest starring on my fave show. Besides, I love the scenes with Jack and Shep together in "Rising", so I'd absolutely love to see them again together in s3. Yes! Looking forward to this.
                IF we get quality acting and quality writing for Jack's appearances in SGA, fine, but if he's going to hang around and make jokes or be as *shudder* stiff as he was in that final appearance, then please don't bother. I like RDA, I like Jack, but I don't like "pod Jack," what he became toward the end. You honestly wouldn't know this man had done black ops or saved the world or anything by his constant ho-hum attitude. He was so flippant he should be working at IHOP.

I'd like to see a good scene between O'Neill and Sheppard. I don't know if they ran across each other since the Antarctic and it would be interesting if the two men had a good chat.

Plus, with all this supposed back and forth of folk between shows, are the writers actually paying attention to the 18 days it takes to shuttle back on the Daedalus??

As for having Jack back just to have him back, well, remember The Monkey's Paw....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  IF we get quality acting and quality writing for Jack's appearances in SGA, fine, but if he's going to hang around and make jokes or be as *shudder* stiff as he was in that final appearance, then please don't bother. I like RDA, I like Jack, but I don't like "pod Jack," what he became toward the end. You honestly wouldn't know this man had done black ops or saved the world or anything by his constant ho-hum attitude. He was so flippant he should be working at IHOP.

I'd like to see a good scene between O'Neill and Sheppard. I don't know if they ran across each other since the Antarctic and it would be interesting if the two men had a good chat.

Plus, with all this supposed back and forth of folk between shows, are the writers actually paying attention to the 18 days it takes to shuttle back on the Daedalus??

As for having Jack back just to have him back, well, remember The Monkey's Paw....
                  It was RDA's suggestion to the producers when they had invited him to appear on 200th episode that they can use him more to "tie some loose ends", but from what I also read somewhere else, he doesn't want to tie these loose ends "too tightly" to have open doors for the future seasons or the movies.

Comment

Well, I loved the Jack from seasons 1 to 7. Not so much the Jack from s8 and s9. I want to see that early Jack. I agree 100% with you. If we don't get his early version, I prefer not seeing Jack back at all, and that goes for both SG-1 and SGA. Now, on the basis that RDA now wants to be there and that hopefully we'll get "early Jack", I want to see him with Shep and the Wraith. That should be fun

Oh, yes. Please, please. I sooooo want that.

Well, Jack could be on 2 or 3 episodes in a row, meaning that he would be on Atlantis for a few months. Or he could be on episodes scattered throughout the season (so our poor General spends the year going back and forth between galaxies ), or part of the episodes could be on Earth. We've seen Earth-based scenes before in SGA... so maybe Jack doesn't even travel to the city itself... (personally I hope he gets to go)

Comment

"He's doing two episodes of SG-1 and three episodes of Atlantis."
                      Oh, come on, he should do more SG-1.
                      sigpic

Comment

While I think he should do more SG1 than SGA...I think this is TPTB opening the door for RDA to do guest spots on SGA in years to come.

Brad Wright said it himself...SG1 can't go on forever...this is a way to keep the SG1 characters alive once SGA's running the franchise.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          While I think he should do more SG1 than SGA...I think this is TPTB opening the door for RDA to do guest spots on SGA in years to come.

Brad Wright said it himself...SG1 can't go on forever...this is a way to keep the SG1 characters alive once SGA's running the franchise.
                          I hadn't really thought of it that way, but it's a good point.

I'll admit that I'm a little disapointed that he's not doing more SG-1. I mean, one of the reasons that Jack is so loved is because of how he interacts with Daniel, Sam and Teal'c, right? And I don't know about anyone else, but *that* is what I've missed in not having Jack there, that special repartee. So obviously I'd want as much of that as possible.

That being said, his interaction with Shep was amusing and I'm happy to have him back no matter which show he's on. It's also nice to see that he wants to be there, too. That always helps to get the best performance possible.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Three Atlantis? Well that just sucks.
                            As I heard that RDA would return for 4 episodes to SG 1 I thought that this sounds to good to be true. I was right. But still a disapointment.
                            I will try to look forward to the three Atlantis episodes. Maybe it`s better than having him all the time on SG 1 were everything is only about the actors from Farscape (I have read the spoiler pages on Gateworld).

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                              I think it is not important that he will play in SG-1 or in Atlantis. We should be happy that he will do 5 new episodes in Stargate universe.
                              I couldn't agree more. It will be nice to see O'Neill again, plain and simple. To me, it doesn't matter that he's doing one more ep of SGA than SG-1. The real point is, that he's doing them at all.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i agree with most of you. i want to see the early Jack character again. i mean, i liked the later one, don't get me wrong, but he needs some good story line. i did like some of the later seasons though (like Threads) and i'm a sucker for the sarcasm, but too much of a good thing is....too much of a good thing. <.< have him tie some things up and not just make "an appearance". and i think it will be interesting to see him on atlantis, really. something different. we'll see. *shrug* i'm just happy to see him again. thanks again, TPTB/RDA!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X