Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morena Baccarin is Adria (Season Ten SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swiss
    I really liked Morena in Firefly.
    But I'm not sure, if she can play a dark person. A strong person yes, but an evil person?

But of course I thinks it's cool that she is on board.
    Interesting choice. I'm sure she can handle it. I can see her as strong and I can see her as evil, but she always seemed... fragile?... to me. But then, I've only seen her in Firefly, so, what do I know...

Can't wait for season 10!!!

Comment

Gonna be sweet to watch Morena go bad! Another reason to watch season 10!

Comment

Gotta love it... Hot bad girls are always brilliant!

altho it now means that Fargate will become... Firescape: SG-1

I'm just trying to be helpful to those who like over reacting to actors from other shows...
        Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Yay! This will be so cool. My inner Firefly fan is tap-dancing.
          And I could picture her as Vala's daughter- I think it will work really well. *Hugs*

Comment

very cool news Darren..

c'mon bring on S10... is it July 14th yet?!

it will be interesting to see how she does in the SG universe... she did a great job in Firefly
            sigpic

Comment

Holy frak! TPTB did something intelligent with this whole god-awful Ori storyline? This is the best news since the begining of season 9!

Comment

This is fantastic. I loved Morena on Firefly, so seeing her in another of my favorite shows is great for me. I haven't seen her on The O.C. (after the second season I vowed never to watch it again) but I'm definitely psyched to see her working on a Stargate.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her play a villain. After all, I've only seen her as Inara, so the Adria role will be interesting to watch. She should be good at it; she has the regal presence that the role needs. It will also make it so much harder for me to hate the Orii, because c'mon, it's Morena Baccarin, and how can you not like her?

And on a completely shallow note, she's drop dead gorgeous, and that can't hurt ratings.
                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                Spoiler:
                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

teh CHARACTER may be a cliche and fatally flawed, but at least they had the sense to hire someone with talent to fill the role
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                    Morena Baccarin is Adria

Beware of spoilers for SG-1 Season Ten below.

Stargate SG-1 has its new big-bad for Season Ten. Firefly actress Morena Baccarin has been cast as the adult version of Adria, Vala's daughter who was sired by the evil Ori to lead their bloody crusade in our galaxy.

Read the full story at GateWorld!

Well my only complaint is, this makes Adria look more like she's Sha're's daughter than Vala's. I would have liked an actress who had more of resemblance to Claudia Black to do the mother/daughter thing more justice.

That said, I do really like Morena's work and her character of Inara on Firefly (Serenity) and I think she is a great actress (I always thought of her as a younger version of Teri Hatcher) so I'm looking forward to seeing her on SG1.

Marla
                    ______
                    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Can't wait to see her on stargate she'd fab and i get to meet her in Sept

XXX

Comment

Good choice.

Comment

Great choice ! I', looking forward to her appearence in the series.....

Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
                          McKay: You need to get out more.
                          Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
                          - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

more reasons to drool about Stargate <drool>!!!!

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

SWEET! I can't wait to see her on the show. She's such a good actress.
                              *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                              Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

This is great news! I loved her, and everyone else on Firefly! The storyline of Adria will definitely be the better with Morena's presence in it! I was already psyched about Season 10, but I'm even more so now. She will bring a little "class" to the role of Adria which will make it even more interesting.
                                EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Working...
                                X