• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
    Yay! Stargate does Farscape!
    I thought they already were.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
      Here's the link for it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK22Terrvp4

Thank you for the link!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        You woudn't have much left on this site if you removed all the scans and copied verbiage....
        Yeah, you'd only have the legal stuff like ALL THE RESPECTABLE WEBSITES.

I let the TV Guide Copyright department know about those links.
        If you're ever going to take them down without outside pressure, now would be a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
          Here's the link for it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK22Terrvp4
          Thanks.

Originally posted by morjana
          10) Actor who I don't recognize, wearing Trek style uniform (gray with black cuffs/collar) kneeling in front of some equipment in a replica of the ST: TOS Enterprise engine room, saying "I'm giving it all I got, Captain!"
          Could it be Brad Wright? The guy on the youtube video looks like him, I think.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9

If you're ever going to take them down without outside pressure, now would be a good time.
            Which are all the 'respectable' websites? Or do you mean pro sites? Virtually fan sites copy, some more than others.

Comment

Full Scans and Complete Quotes = Illegal

Excerpts and examples from scan = Fair Use

Look it up sometime...trust me I've looked into this for my site. My site is the #1 Pokémon (Yeah laugh it up) site on the Internet getting over 110,000 Unique Visitors every day so I'm not a crackpot going on about stuff I don't know about

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                Thanks.

Could it be Brad Wright? The guy on the youtube video looks like him, I think.

That is what I thought when I saw it on TV last night.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                  Full Scans and Complete Quotes = Illegal

Excerpts and examples from scan = Fair Use

Look it up sometime...trust me I've looked into this for my site. My site is the #1 Pokémon (Yeah laugh it up) site on the Internet getting over 110,000 Unique Visitors every day so I'm not a crackpot going on about stuff I don't know about
                  Hmm instead of complaining here, have the parties concerned actually informed the mods about this??

I've seen full articles posted to GW's forums that remained for weeks before the mods actually did anything (and if you did the math, the newspaper whose entire pay article was quoted lost over four figures ($$$$) in sales). Unfortunately if the practice is condoned by inaction, fans keep posting.

Most fan sites exist because the studios consider them a necessary evil - free publicity they don't have to work on. When they start posting actual downloads, music, etc. that's when it could cut into the bottom line. Magazines only act if they're informed so it will be interesting if there is any reaction from TV Guide.... I know that UK scifi magazines will tell fans to take down scans, etc.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's him too.

You don't think he's speaking in metaphors, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney

The wedding photo's a bit of a downer, though. I thought we were through with Sam/Jack *yawn*
                      Couldn't agree more, sorry shippers, personally I'm hoping Jack will see sense and run off with Daniel, well it would be original (running away now........)

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

What the f*** is your problem?

You a lawyer or something?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15

Or just generally snappish, I'd say.

Comment

Please keep this thread on topic. Any concerns over copyright can be directed privately to the mods.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by PG15

Would you steal the magazine out of a store, or do you only do illegal things when you think you won't get caught?

Comment

Based on the floor of the pic, I'd say that Atlantis is the emerald city?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X