X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its still stargate related The article included SG1, haha... Ok
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

LOL !! No probs,lmj,I wasn't having a go at you .
      Just trying to keep myself on-topic really...and as you say,SG-1's Premiere was featured in the article too .

Hooray for both Shows, and let's hope the ratings stay good !

Off-Topic : I have to bid goodnight as it's now 2am....and oldies like me need to zonk out. (I have no stamina.)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Goodnight... Well this article could be mistooken as 'rising ratings' as in the ratings are rising, haha, that so funny Anywho, goodluck my two shows

Comment

Woo-hoo! That's pretty cool! It's no wonder with the massive advertising blitz so I guess that paid off. It'll be interesting to see what the ratings are next week. I talked to a couple people at work today who do not watch SG-1, but they know I do. They watched Atlantis and generally liked it!
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Are you saying they didn't like SG1, but they liked Atlantis???

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              Are you saying they didn't like SG1, but they liked Atlantis???
              It's not really a matter of "like". Besides the fact that the high ratings are for a season premiere - which had better have generally high ratings - some people, like myself, don't want to get involved with a story so long down the line (i.e., Season 8) knowing that they're missing major backstory. I'm sure the SG-1 premiere gained some new viewers to the Stargate world. Some of them even posted here to say so. I'm just saying that Atlantis, being a new series, had the potential to gather even more new viewers because they could bank on a large percentage of the 2.4 rating from the SG-1 premiere to tune in. I have a feeling, however, that the high ratings for Atlantis exceeded expectations, which is great!
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Yah, i agree, but i guess i'm one of the few people who would jump into a series with great depth in the past, and try to figure things out, haha...

Comment

Yah, i agree, but i guess i'm one of the few people who would jump into a series with great depth in the past, and try to figure things out, haha...
                  Agree I personally know of 10 people who were first time stargate viewers for th e premiere because it was a new show and doesnt require that you knwo all the backstory since there really isnt any yet. They all plan to start watching SG1 but theyre not going to bother trying to catch up on 8 years at once.
                  Movie Theater

Comment

I wouldn't expect them to Cause yah, 8 years is alot to catch up on, haha...

Comment

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...462|1|,00.html

The premiere got approx. 1 million more viewers than SG1 did, and made some other records. I expected this With the whole scifi mega promotion.

Cool news!

Thanks for posting the info.

Also, more viewers may have tuned in because it's a brand new series.

It's a little daunting to tune into SG-1 as a new viewer, knowing that you're "breaking in" on the eighth season.

Hopefully, more will tune in to SG-1 as well.

Double their pleasure.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

If this keeps up Stargate could become a force to be reckoned with in the future of science fiction. Can't believe when I watched "Children of the Gods" all those years ago it would turn into this...
                        Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                        - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                        Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                        Mayboune: *shrugs*
                        - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Working...
                        X