This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
    He does that a lot. I've watched a lot of interviews with RDA, and he's usually pulling down the front of his shirt or jacket.
    He probably just thinks hes fat.

(You crazy slashers......)

Someone should capture it and put it up for dl so those that didn't see it can.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I don't think Comedy Central repeats the Kilborn show. It isn't listed on their site anyway.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

sad wah! Now i can't see the wig again Haha.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Don't worry. I'm sure someone will have it posted somewhere by morning. He (RDA) was a good sport for donning the wig.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I'm happy that hes happy, well it seemed like he was happy Yah, he was a good sport, haha, he didn't show any sighns of resistance though.

Comment

I taped and watched it this morning before work, it was pretty good. Liked seeing the clip for season 8, didn't think we'd ever see anything before it airs.
              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Is the clip on the net yet?

Comment

Yeah, RDA definitely did not look comfortable in that jacket. Why wear it, I wonder?
                  Mullet aside, IMHO he is one of those men who looks better with "a little" grey. But, then again, I'm not much of a mullet fan, so maybe I just can't see past that . . . The wig bit was funny, though!

-tera'ngan
                  nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

I taped it and watched it frame by frame afterwards. IMHO:

1. RDA was annoyed at the host for a)not doing enough homework to know his guest was on Stargate SG ONE not I....sheesh; b)for discussing 30 year old injuries not his current EIGHT YEAR hit show; c)asking Stupid questions (salad dressing yes or no?); d) not asking about Wylie after all the hints; and D) THE WIG.

2. RDA is a man who knows exactly how to work his image to fit the camera. He knows where it is at all times. He knows he wants to be seen in profile most of the time. He knows his smile is infectious and manipulates his face to give exact smiles for a desired effect.

3. He is tired of Macgyver. In putting on the wig, he was behaving as a consumate professional and hated it. When the wig was pushed high, he looked like himself 20 years ago, so he pulled it lower on his forehead to distance himself rather than go for an exact match which was captured in only a few scenes. Then he went into general mugging for the camera. One can only imagine what went on during the cut out scenes until they showed him again with it on.

This interviewer was clumsy and unprepared. I imagine RDA will never favor this guy again. And RDA was looking Hot, and I mean Hot.
                    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Now that I've had more time to think about it, I do have to say I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, thought they might be a bit more related to Stargate, I think they talked more about MacGyver.
                      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                        Now that I've had more time to think about it, I do have to say I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, thought they might be a bit more related to Stargate, I think they talked more about MacGyver.
                        They did talk about MacGyver more than Stargate, I think the only time Stargate was mentioned was right after the clip of Season 8 they showed. Very disappointing! I was hoping for more, but did not expect it!!

I agree with Livi2Jack on all the points they made, they were my pet peeves for what Kilborn did/did not do. However I'm not sure if RDA was annoyed at Kilborn or not. Although I was!

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Yah, i thought Craig Kilborn was kind of stupid to say "SG i", i'm like, waht a blind retard, but ya know, hes funny everynow and then, haha... But at least the audience knew! Unlike Conan's audience..

I did sense a little '%$@%' but ya, i'm just saying he liked talking about his trips and daughter, it was nice

Comment

Well, I have it captured on my computer, but I only get CBS over-the-air, so there's quite a bit of snow in the picture. If anyone has some webspace I'd be glad to upload it.
                            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I haven't watched a late-night talk show since the days when my grandparents would watch Johnny Carson. If it hadn't been for the forum, I would have never watched the Kilborn show. Watching the Kilborn show confirmed my reasons for never watching it in the first place. Given Kilborn's target demographic, I'm not surprised they talked about hockey, injuries and MacGyver instead of kids.

That said, it was nice to see RDA out and about. It was great to see the as-yet-unfinished clip! It also confirmed my suspicion that MacGyver - who is somewhat of a cultural icon - is still more popular in the minds of the average US audience than Stargate SG-1 is. Even now, MacGyver is getting more exposure than Stargate..at least in the US.

Comment

The show was on ABC, a bigger network with way more affiliates than Sci-fi and Showtime has, and it was really popular, so i don't blame the 'average american' for knowing more about Macgyver, although Kilborn should have weighed out the conversation better

Comment

Working...
                                X