Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post. Why don't you send it to the author of the column?
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Sad to say,judging from the "Article",the author probably wouldn't even try to open her mind to ANY criticism of her sad, little, ignorant opinions!

IMO,best to express our opinions of the article here,and save the postage costs involved...............Ms C Devine-Molin can keep her rather flawed views!

Ignorance is best ignored,anyway!
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 June 2004, 03:00 AM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Well, I've always thought there was too much political BS of any stripe on Stargate, anyway.

I'm sure the press coverage will end up doing the show more good than harm. "Even bad press is good press." *rolls eyes*
        See, I guess it's d**ned if you do, and if you don't.

I was disappointed the first time I saw "Politics", that Kinsey was so evil. I'd thought his stance was interesting and that the show could've explored the political ramifications of the Stargate program, especially regarding the secrecy, which (as many a thread here has witnessed) could lead to some intelligent debate.

And, of course, some silly debate (also as many a thread has witnessed...)

But, I digress...

The show *didn't* go that way, and I can live with that.

But the irony is, that for all these years, they've chosen to address mainly the "safer" political issues, like "don't lock your women in a yurt" and "don't steal from indigenous populations"--but they've pointedly shied away from partisan politics, by twisting the political issues into ones of personal character and keeping parties well out of the picture.

But they still catch flack. And not well-aimed flack at that.

(...Do yurts lock?)
        Last edited by VixyOwl (~~Ani); 02 June 2004, 06:48 AM. Reason: ...to add a question...
        "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
        "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
        "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
        --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Dear God, as if Stargate was the only show to take a pot shot at the Bush administration.
          Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think Jack said it best once when he said, "Puh-leaze."
            Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

maybe he should watch it all from series 1 as to kinseys position on the stargate they will work out he was super evil from even clinton clinton was cool !

Comment

ROFLs at right wing whinging
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

SG-1 part of left wing conspiracy?? No wonder I like it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                    Great post. Why don't you send it to the author of the column?
                    If I thought it would do any good. Or, more importantly, if I thought she'd understand the humor. Ah, well maybe I'll save the postage and email it.

(Re-reading that I can tell I was in a worse mood after work that I'd originally thought! )
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

It was apparently a veiled reference, albeit from the typical liberal
                      viewpoint, to Vice-President Cheney as an unethical man who was
                      selling out his nation for contracts with big-business (Halliburton).
                      Yeah, yeah they'll say I'm reading things into the episode that
                      weren't there, but given the overall context of the dialog, I think
                      my impressions are right on target. Frankly, I resent these types of
                      manipulations, which clearly should not have been incorporated into a
                      popular TV series during an election year. But again, these liberal
                      activists in the entertainment field think that it's their right to
                      engage in improprieties when they're taking potshots at
                      conservatives.
                      Last I heard, Being famous didn't require an individual to give up their right to freedom of speech...

Comment

Well, then, it is a good thing they didn't quote Jack telling Kinsey that Kinsey was "...a limp di..ked sob."
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I don't remember that!? When did he say that??
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

All I know is I wanna see Kinsey, a fictional character, get his comeuppance

Would be cool to see the Asgard abduct him and him totally freak out.
                            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                              I don't remember that!? When did he say that??
                              Jack "said" that to Kinsey, during the bit in "Heroes" Pt1, when they faced-off in front of the cameras, at the SGC.

(The bit where all the sudden noise and confusion left us to lip read what they were saying to each other! )

I've already posed the Q in the "20 q's for Jack"thread and that was the answer! LOL! Go watch the episode and see if you spot it!

Still can't get the point of that article,btw!
                              She's onto a loser if she thinks her POV will change anything in RL Politics!

I mean,does she think Stargate SG-1 REALLY holds any sway in tilting Voter opinion?

*Imagines masses of Republican voters hiding out at "Safe Houses" so they can watch Stargate SG-1 if Bush wins again ! * LOL!!
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Haha...that is the coolest thing ever....Jack rules.
                                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                                X