This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New seasons of Stargate in Canada

Alright, here's some great news for all Atlantis fans in Canada.

Season two will premier on The Movie Network on Monday July 18th at 8:00 PM (Eastern Time)

News of Season Nine premier on SPACE to follow in the next week or two.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Ooh spiffy.

I hope they go like Season 1 and let Canada get the second half first

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Atlantis on SPACE wont be around till 2006, but they will start with Season One.
      sigpic
      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
        Ooh spiffy.

I hope they go like Season 1 and let Canada get the second half first
        Me too, and they most likely will (knowing The Movie Network)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
          Me too, and they most likely will (knowing The Movie Network)
          Movie Central too

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

wow...! you mean the USA will be ahead of Canada -for once?
            Of course, that'll change once the mid-season break starts.

Sci-Fi channel for most of the USA starts Season 2 on July 15th for both SG-1 and SG:Atlantis... will we (of the USA) be able to keep calm for a few days until July 18th?

...rest of the non-cable USA has to buy up DVD's, unless the syndicated networks pick up SG:A's Season 1. That's doubtful, so buying the DVD's will probably be the better option (more goodies too, and all at once!).

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
              Of course, that'll change once the mid-season break starts. .
              Yes, those midseason breaks really stink. What's up with that, anyway? I mean WHY?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                Of course, that'll change once the mid-season break starts.
                What do you mean? The USA has always been ahead of Canada (at least for the past 4 years) when it comes to episode airing.
                sigpic

Comment

any idea when SGA Season 2 & SG-1 Season 9 will be out in Australia? I know we normally dont get the latter season until you guys in the US & Canada have finished the entire season normally.

We are still only just half-way thru SGA season 1 (The Storm & The Eye have only just gone 2 air on free-2-air tv [channel 7] over here). Personally, it is taking me a bit to get used to SGA; I have noticed it more story-line dirven & relies more on character interaction then Sg-1, which seems to me to be more action & comic mix up than SGA (@ least 2 me). They could not of made the two shows any different if they tried, & I think it is good in a ways; as it sets them apart enough to offer something for everyone & yet still keep the STARGATE feel.

I also love McKay, he is like a mix of Sam & Jack; his arrogance is refreshing amongst all the goodie-two-shoes we have @ Atlantis. *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa:
                    ...you mean the USA will be ahead of Canada -for once?...

Originally posted by Taonas:
                    ...The USA has always been ahead of Canada (at least for the past 4 years) when it comes to episode airing.
                    Maybe my timing is a bit off, but I thought Atlantis started before the USA saw it first... might have been the UK folks posting instead. Certainly mid-season throws the USA wayyyyyy behind...

Originally posted by Ancient 1:
                    Yes, those midseason breaks really stink. What's up with that, anyway?...
                    my guess for mid-season breaks on the Sci-Fi channel is based on what other sites have speculated, so it's not firm info:

That's so Sci-Fi can show or introduce interim programming and get a feel for what might become popular...? Otherwise, it's to help the school kids get caught up on their homework (cause the amount of viewers sometimes decreases then)... and give the adults some time to catch up on needed other things too... just guessing, cause that's exactly what I do between seasons. I still watch, but not as much as the first time around, unless I'm looking for details on *something* that happened in that particular episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      Yes, those midseason breaks really stink. What's up with that, anyway? I mean WHY?
                      SciFi does the mid-season break, so that they can stagger their shows with the new network shows, which generally come out in the fall. This way there's less competition.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                        From Canada's Space Channel e-mail newsletter:

FEATURE

FAREWELL JACK O’NEILL!
                        Stargate SG-1 Captain Leaves the Helm

PICKS

HIT THE ROAD, JACK
                        STARGATE SG-1 – Season Eight Finale
                        Canadian Television Premieres
                        Part One – Thursday, June 16 @ 10pm ET
                        Part Two – Thursday, June 23 @ 10pm ET

Catch Richard Dean Anderson in his last appearances as a series regular on Stargate SG-1. In the two-part finale to season eight, SG-1 travels back in time in a daring plan to steal a piece of ancient technology from Ra, the powerful Goa'uld who ruled in ancient Egypt. With the timeline changed by SG-1's actions in the distant past, an alternate version of SG-1 must use a newly-discovered time ship to set things right. Also stars Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks.

http://www.spacecast.com/shows/first...rgate_sg-1.asp

AND THEN AFTER THE FINALE…

STARGATE SG-1 VIEWERS' CHOICE THURSDAYS
                        Every Thursday @ 10pm ET, beginning June 30

After season eight concludes, SPACE lets you pick your favourite episodes of Stargate SG-1 (from seasons one to six) for 10 weeks to air during its regular timeslot this summer. Online voting will occur Monday to Friday for the episode to air the following Thursday.

Voting begins June 20 at www.spacecast.com.
                        Well, as Morjana annouced, it would appear that Season Nine of SG-1 will not premier until around September on SPACE.

Curses....
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X