Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Colonel_Sheppard]well let's see where I can start, because from your arguments I have ALOT of material...

First off, when I was at their homepage, I didn't automatically see "UFOs are screwing up the EARTH!!" as their main story. I found info about cino-russo relations and various world events. Now they do have reports from scientists who have included UFOs as variables in some of their theories. However, whether they are schizo, I dunno, but hey, Howard Hughes was OCD, and he was extremely intelligent.

Secondly, you compared the India Daily to the National Enquirer. The Enquirer is infamous for taking a little bit of fact and trying to make it seem completely true. But to be accurate, the NE is mostly about celebrities, the Sun I believe is the one that is about elvis impersonating big-foot aliens in texas truck drivers freezers. The Daily gives good reports on what they find. Now, something YOU didn't realize, that (in your infinite intellect) I thought you would have, is BOTH articles that were mentioned were both editorials, as in something the editor finds interesting and decides to write about. Now, is it the fact that the editor decided to write about UFOs hurts it's credibility? I mean, a month ago, NBC had a documentary on UFO reports, does that make then un-credible? Just because the editor wanted to write about it, because it IS interesting, doesn't mean they are pulling this out of their @$$.

Thirdly, I said I believe they are reliable, but I didn't not say I can guarantee/authenticate their stories.

Fourthly, the India Daily, and anyone, can question certain details, for all we know a Divine hero might have ridden in on a super monkey or whatever, but that is so far out there. The idea of aliens invading has been thrown around VERY often, and if you have a little faith in ET life, then you think, hm, cool...

Fifthly, people like geologists and Physicists are considered more credible then holocaust deniers, mostly because they present facts behind their reports. If we can't listen to people who have an actual education on what they are talking about, then lets stop having schools. Now, if they did report on holocaust deniers, Elvis-impersonators, vampire-born freak-boys, or anything like that, I would be the first to agree with you.

Now, I'm not a gullible person, I deal with reason. I believe in ET life, because if we think we are alone out there, then we are an EXTREMELY arrogant people. Now the only reason I give this story a single thought is because I read a report from worldnetdaily.com that the military is developing weapons that fire in space, and two I want to believe stargate, not to the point where im like "IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL!!!"... no, I just think it's cool, and would love for it to be real.

I personally think the India Daily is more credible then cBS. QUOTE]

I love the cBS part. About the story. I was at the website and the first few articals looks athentic, but I don't I sispenced (sp) its a tabloid trying to be a newpaper. About the missile defence systems and missiles in space. I've known about them for along time and I don't think Stargate. The Russians and us firing missiles over the artic... if its real, well the stargate alarm goes off and I think stargate. I'll give you 3:1 the part about us firing missiles over the artic is true.

If it is, Pres. Bush might be giving and very intresting speech sometime in the future. More intresting then you think.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Sheppard
      I wouldn't call it fiction, because fiction is proven false. A proper term is unverifiable information. Also, there are alot of theories that can't be tested. Last I checked, we haven't been able to go over to a black hole. Also, we can't test theories on time travel because we haven't broken the Light-barrier. Now, there is alot of evidence that UFOs exist, and I think the government has kept alot from us. In fact I talked to my military history professor today about this story (he said that the US and Rus. would work together because Russia wants to learn alot from us and they are one of our closest allies), who served in the military for 30 years before he started teaching. He was thirty miles on base away from belgium where black flying triangles have been flying around un-explained. And on duty, he would have alot of aircraft fly by his tower to do wargame-like "attacks", everytime this happened he could always identify the aircraft. One was coming and he couldn't identify it, and when it flew over head, it defied the laws of physics by flying over head about 100 yards and without ANY jet engines, aerial disturbances or noise. While it was flying overhead, it did a complete 180 flip downward, and it flew as if it were on a track. So, if you can use something like Zero-Point technology to shift gravity, it is feaseable, through ZPT, to shift tectonic plates. Of course to public knowledge ZPT is completely theoretical.

well... now that im done rambling, im going to stop with this debate... when I get into talking about quantum theory and blah da dee, and blah da dee due I have to take some aspirin (long last couple of weeks.)
      No offence, but I think your history has gone off the deep end. If these "UFOs" really existed they were Ivan, not ET. Thats the kind of thing the Sovs did to scare us.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I have read alot of Project Blue books reports, my personal theory: Propoganda.

I have read alot about ZPT, it's actually a theory, like chaos theory, string theory, super string theory, etc... None of these can be proven, at least not today, or used. They, like alot of theories is speculation with a bit of evidence. Example: Super-string theory, supported by a radio telescope image of two EXTREMELY IDENTICAL galaxies very close to each other, the explanation: the light emitted from one galaxy traveled down two paths of strings that split the image. I haven't looked for evidence of ZPT, but I have heard of some being alluded to in some reports I have read from various professors. (I'm very tired right now, don't feel like looking it back up)

What I have heard is that ZPT is about to be applied some how to gravitational manipulation.

I would love to have a debate over the false or factual evidence of aliens, but I'm going to sleep. Long day been running on 3 hours sleep and caffeine...

P.S. I hope you don't consider BBC a legit reporting agency. Has more liberal spin than CNN
        There's math backing up the super string theory, just like how Einstein had math backing up his theory of general relativity before it was proven. As for the zero point stuff, it's all based on the uncertainty principle which has been proven, it doesn't really have anything to do with gravity, it's basically how particle motion never stops even at absolute zero since the past and future events of particles are indeterminate which suggests that a new form of energy can be found through harmonic oscillation of particles. Oh and most fiction can't be disproven, you can't prove to me that the jedis and siths didn't fight a war a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
        Last edited by Giantevilhead; 19 April 2005, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Giantevilhead... I LOVE you man. I am a star wars freak too, and now I can say that it's real, if some one laughs at me, I can say prove to me that it isn't

JK, but still, it's a nice way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
            I use LOTS of sources, and I always consider their angle in assessing their interpretation of facts, but liberal spin is easier to tease out than conservative spin!
            hmm, is that because lies are easier to spot then common sense?

Comment

Giantevilhead... I LOVE you man. I am a star wars freak too, and now I can say that it's real, if some one laughs at me, I can say prove to me that it isn't

JK, but still, it's a nice way to look at it.
              Yes, give in to your passion, fall to the dark side of the force... and hope that episode 3 doesn't suck.

Comment

I think the best way to make Episode 3 cool, Have as little hope as possible so you won't be disappointed... good idea imo

Remember, Aim low.

Comment

It exists out there, (a mathematical probability!) somewhere and whether or not they are watching us now, attacking us or ignoring us is another matter.

We are advancing quickly and we will be noticed soon, lets hope it's by some friendly asgard type rather than re'tu or goa'uld type nasties!

Go star wars! I think we all wish we were in a galaxy far far away.. or maybe that's just me...

Later y'all!
                  Vows are spoken
                  To be broken
                  Feelings are intense
                  Words are trivial
                  Pleasures remain
                  So does the pain
                  Words are meaningless
                  And forgettable

All I ever wanted
                  All I ever needed
                  Is here in my arms
                  Words are very unnecessary
                  They can only do harm

Comment

I once had a dream that some of my friends were being trained as jedi, I was hurt that they didn't tell me about it. I so want a lightsaber and those cool robes.

Again, I think the government knows about some form of alien life, and probably hostile, or at least we think there are some hostile ones out there, because they are developing weapons to be used in space. If there is a F-302, I REALLY want to shoot down some gliders

Comment

Watch the History Channel. We use lasers to kill the aliens and the Asgard help us. There is one picture from a space shuttle of this dot going near Earth, then it flies away FAST and this laser beam thing goes right where the "dot" was.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha

String theory is out there. It is full of a lot of assumptions. I don't know if 20 years from now it will be considered science or not, and that bothers me!
                        Slightly OT so ding away...

Just popping in to say, if you're interested in a unifying theory of physics (a theory that ties together relativity and quantum mechanics--what string theory is supposed to solve), check out Quantum Gravity. It's been around for about ten years now and fills in some of the holes that string theory leaves unexplained. It is a completing theory but I think it has a lot of merit. For a good overview, check out "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity" by Lee Smolin--it's a good read.
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                          Watch the History Channel. We use lasers to kill the aliens and the Asgard help us. There is one picture from a space shuttle of this dot going near Earth, then it flies away FAST and this laser beam thing goes right where the "dot" was.

I saw that also. Interesting, but hardly what i would call evidence of anything.

As for the topic of the thread, that website doesn't strike me as what i would call credible or serious. The comparison an earlier poster made to the national inquirer i think is justified. If this even really happened as they claim, i think it would have been much more widely reported than it was.

Comment

Just wanted to comment on "However, there have never been U.F.O.'s posited in any peer reviewed journal. That makes it not science".

Just recently there was one:

INFLATION-THEORY IMPLICATIONS FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL VISITATION
                            J. Deardorff, B. Haisch, B. Maccabee and H.E. Puthoff
                            Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol 58, pp. 43-50, 2005.

You may download the paper at http://www.ufoskeptic.org/JBIS.pdf
                            Visit http://www.ufoskeptic.org/ for more details. This is a website maintained by real scientist, not UFO believers.

There was also another one, 1979-1980 articles in Applied Optics by Maccabee on the New Zealand sightings.

Comment

I was a door gunner on the space shuttle. I got 40 kills on one mission.

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
                                Just wanted to comment on "However, there have never been U.F.O.'s posited in any peer reviewed journal. That makes it not science".
                                Not as data. Not as a conclusion. As a hypothetical. If you want to take that as "posited", that's fine, but the veracity of the "posit" wasn't what was subject to the peer review, now, was it.

This was merely an interesting evaluation of the impact of certain observations on Fermi's paradox. It was an argument that more viable research needs to be undertaken, a position that I wholeheartedly endorse.

What it does NOT do is posit that U.F.O.'s are real in any sense that it constitutes a peer reviewed conclusion. If I have a peer reviewed article that entertains the existence of Sasquatch and rationally considers the likelihoods of same, and suggest that certain research might be warranted, that doesn't give an anthropologist grounds to cite my article as proof of Bigfoot in a peer reviewed journal.

If you are going to site that as proof, you'd best read it first, and make sure it contains what was advertised. Given that your prime example doesn't do much more than play "cute", I'd REALLY like to see the text of this other article if you can come by it.

Comment

Working...
                                X