X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinescape Slams SG1

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...e&obj_id=48368

Two-part stories are many things to a television series: a chance to amortize sets across two episodes, an opportunity to capture viewers eager for part two's resolution, and they offer a larger canvass upon which to build a more involved story than the typical hour allows. Unfortunately, the resolution too often fails to meet the promise of its prologue, and a rushed finale dulls the impact of the whole epic affair. Such is the case with "Moebius, Part 2." The episode is filled with great moments and pretty much ties up the story launched in the foregoing episode, but the finesse of a finely honed part two just seems to elude the story, which ends rather abruptly. The dramatic tension is diffused like a balloon allowed to slowly bleed off its contents, and what appeared to be a cleverly constructed time-travel story becomes "just another time travel story."
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 28 March 2005, 08:51 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I don't call Cinescape giving SG-1's Moebius Pt. 2 a B "slamming" the series.

Besides, they seem to like it much better than the first part.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

only skimmed it. Could a mod change the title to reviews?
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah the seemd to like it, i think they lowered it from an A to a B because they thought it could have been...well longer....which i tend to agree with. It ended rather quickly I would have loved to have seen atleast the start of the revolution against Ra.

Comment

Well surprising they hated Atlantis season final Siege part 1/2.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            True, but they loved Letters From Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
              I'm quite sure they'll like Siege pt. 2

It all goes with taste.
              Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                I don't call Cinescape giving SG-1's Moebius Pt. 2 a B "slamming" the series.
                I agree... you can't call an article a slam based on the first paragraph, though journalists do tend to bias an article by opening it in a certain way. Really though, check out the last paragraph:
                "While the narrative comes up short, the characterization does anything but disappoint. The comedic by-play between the alternate O'Neill and Carter is a masterpiece of dialogue and allows the actors greater latitude in portraying their onscreen relationship while treating fans to an offbeat take on characters they've lived with for eight seasons. Michael Shanks turns in a nuanced performance that really delineates the differences between the two Daniel Jacksons, while guest appearances by STARGATE ATLANTIS' Rodney McKay and the long-lost Major Kowalski add some lovely continuity to the proceedings."
                Critical enough to warrent a B but really, I don't think you can call it a slam.

Comment

I did say i only glanced it and requested the title changing!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X