X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

That's awesome news!! I can't wait to see those episodes!

My LJ

Comment

Oh that is GREAT NEWS!!! This is turning into a
        great day, RDA back for a couple of episodes, the forum is back, all we need now is to hear that Amanda has had her baby and that they are both well
        ......TARA......

Comment

yeah at the gateworld homepage there is some news to that he will appear in the first and third episode Avelon part 1 and 3 so but I hope that it doens't stay with just 2 episodes That would be so sad. and why does BB have to be the new leader of SG.1 I think it is Sam who should be the leader.I think she deserves it and she has proven it to be a leader.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

This is awesome news!!! I have a feeling he'll be around at the end of the season too, hopefully. Wonder why nothing has been officially announced? Anyone think that maybe they're still negotiating with him to do more?
            "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I agree. RDA will be back for additional appearances. If he wouldn't, they would have retired O'Neill. As Commander of Homeworld Security, he can stop by anytime.

Comment

I think it's fantastic news, I just hope they use the time wisely to give some decent closure to the character as a regular face in the show.
                I'm so glad he's agreed to do at least these couple of eps. Yay RDA!!!
                Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  ... and why does BB have to be the new leader of SG.1 I think it is Sam who should be the leader.I think she deserves it and she has proven it to be a leader.
                  Good question... I can understand it if he's taking over temporarily while AT's off, but I've got a major problem with the idea of Mitchell replacing Carter as CO alltogether. after everything TPTB have done to Sam's character in the last 2 years, that would be insulting.

Yay for RDA though

Comment

I'm absolutely thrilled that RDA is appearing in 2 episodes - even if it is just 2 this season, 2 is better than none! It seems that he's been scaling back his SG schedule since season six so I'm not all that surprised that he may want out - the guy has a right to a life. I say that with a heavy heart since I'm a fan of his character, but I hope that the time off will clear his head and perhaps motivate him to do more than just two episodes for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Oh. As for Sam becoming CO of Stargate Command. She might be considered a logical choice, but I have a couple problems with it -

1. She just got LtC rank. There has been no commander of SGC with a rank less than Brigadier General. She would have to skip an entire rank within one year - not plausible.

2. The leader of SGC needs to be not only a soldier, but an excellent bureaucrat and politician. None of that is Sam's strong suit. We know that Beau Bridges' character is hand-picked by O'Neill to command SGC, so its logical to assume that because Jack knows first-hand the type of person it takes to do the job he would pick the person he feels is absolutely most ready to fill that slot.

3. Just because Sam Carter isn't the CO of SGC doesn't mean that she won't be making alot of big decisions, because she already has. I'm sure General Landry fully understands Sam's importance and will treat her with the same respect Hammond and O'Neill gave her.

Comment

Originally posted by JJL
                        Oh. As for Sam becoming CO of Stargate Command. She might be considered a logical choice, but I have a couple problems with it -

1. She just got LtC rank. There has been no commander of SGC with a rank less than Brigadier General. She would have to skip an entire rank within one year - not plausible.

2. The leader of SGC needs to be not only a soldier, but an excellent bureaucrat and politician. None of that is Sam's strong suit. We know that Beau Bridges' character is hand-picked by O'Neill to command SGC, so its logical to assume that because Jack knows first-hand the type of person it takes to do the job he would pick the person he feels is absolutely most ready to fill that slot.

3. Just because Sam Carter isn't the CO of SGC doesn't mean that she won't be making alot of big decisions, because she already has. I'm sure General Landry fully understands Sam's importance and will treat her with the same respect Hammond and O'Neill gave her.
                        No one ever said anything about Sam taking over the SGC...

Either way, She's only been in command of SG-1 for a year and, due to the abundance of earth-based episodes, we didn't really get to see her in a position where she had to take charge of anything. Above all, the situation has some negative implications. (Ex: 'Sorry, you're not good enough so we're gonna give your job to the new guy')

Comment

RDA in season 9 is great news. Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that it's going to total up to "Hi, guys. Meet you're new CO. Bye."
                          It doesn't sound like he's going to be in the season opener very much.

Also, where is every getting the idea that he's going to be Head of Homeworld Security from? Is it official? I thought he might be retired and oversee the SG programme in some sort of civilian capacity (helps end all that ship ).
                          Last edited by smurf; 23 March 2005, 03:20 AM. Reason: missing words.

Comment

nope, promotion to homeworld security, and its official

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                              nope, promotion to homeworld security, and its official
                              Can you point me in the direction of this spoiler?
                              Thanks.

Comment

you'll find it on this page: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X