Bloopers/ Continuity mistakes on SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloopers/ Continuity mistakes on SG?

One thing that always sort of irked me slightly was the lack of SG1 bloopers on the dvd boxsets.A simple youtube search found me some "bloopers" but its got me thinking,dangerous i know.Is there any obvious SG1,SGA or SGU continuity errors out there?Obvious ones?

I only ask as i watched a Top Gear special on Bond cars recently and there was a famous scene where Roger Moore drives in an alley on two wheels to fit through it but when he comes out the other side hes on the opposite set of wheels,lol. Errors like that normally go over my head till they are pointed out but i know if there are any then someone on here is gonna know about them?

For me the only thing i ever thought was an error was in children of he gods where Apophis can come through our gate then walks back through it again without dialling. Although TBF it has been sugested to me on GW that he had a wrist dialler,etc. But are there any glaring errors in the franchise anywhere?Just curiousity.Cheers
    O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

The Apophis thing is explained in Stargate Continuum, the second SG1 movie.

As for bloopers, the only real things that stand out to me is the base getting an IDC code before the gate is open, or you can see the gate effect on the walls before the gate is open. Other than that, when they kept using stock footage that showed the original point of original despite using the Antarctic gate.

You really want to watch the episodes while listening to the DVD commentary, as the directors tend to point stuff out (like Teal'c emblem being reversed from time to time because they've flipped the shot).

sigpic

Comment

Thanks,and yes i do listen to all the commentaries on my boxsets although not listened to all of them but i do enjoy them and i always hoped for some kind of bloopers reel but apparently they dont like bloopers,fair enough. Only thing about the commentaries for me is that i would rather hear from more of the creative team rather than the production team at times but i do love them.I dont own the Atlantis boxsets so havent heard any of them but look forward too checking them out too.Cheers

EDIT: Cheers for the Apophis /Continuim reference,i shall check that out tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Other than that, when they kept using stock footage that showed the original point of original despite using the Antarctic gate.
        I think the mere fact that the gate worked in the first place tells us that the symbol on the DHD in Antarctica was not the point of origin for Earth, otherwise they would have never gone to Abydos in the first place. Yes I know it was a mistake made in the show, but canon tells us that the point of origin for Earth is the little pyramid with the sun over it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          The Apophis thing is explained in Stargate Continuum, the second SG1 movie.

As for bloopers, the only real things that stand out to me is the base getting an IDC code before the gate is open, or you can see the gate effect on the walls before the gate is open. Other than that, when they kept using stock footage that showed the original point of original despite using the Antarctic gate.

You really want to watch the episodes while listening to the DVD commentary, as the directors tend to point stuff out (like Teal'c emblem being reversed from time to time because they've flipped the shot).
          It was while watching the episode with the commentaries on that I remember someone saying that you dont get sg bloopers, they are not out there, in fact on season ten the closest I think we ever get to seeing such stuff is the scenes cut from the first few episodes .
          would love to see them if they are out there somewhere
          Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Google stargate bloopers and you get about 10 youtube vids that pop up although many are the same blooper repeated. Continuity errors i dig though,gotta listen to some more dvd commentaries!Cheers

Comment

The first thing that comes to mind right now is in "Search and Rescue," Caldwell needed to drop the Daedalus' shields to beam the survivors aboard. That may have been logical if this had been in Star Trek, but in Stargate that's explicitly never been the case. It's usually impossible to beam through hostile shields but it's never been necessarily to drop their own to beam people aboard. Unfortunately TPTW needed to invent a way for Micheal's wraith cruiser to pose a threat because the Asgard had already given the humans' ships superior shields and weapons.

Another example is when Sam didn't know how the seer in "The Seer" could predict the future when she's seen examples of the future being predicted right before. Jonas wasn't always right like he was, but he clearly was an example of it being possible. Sam completely forgot about him and seemed to think it was inconceivable and couldn't be happening according to her understanding of the universe.

There's also the fact that I think the writers seemed to forget that "darts" seemed initially to be the Atlantis Expedition's name for wraith fighters, because later the wraith themselves seemed to refer to their starfighters as darts too.

And I'm not sure if this is a plothole but in Vegas, Alternate Todd seemed to be able to read Alternate John's mind, when the wraith couldn't do that before unless there were special circumstances like Teyla having wraith DNA.

I think that the producers admitted in the commentary for "Wormhole Extreme" that they regretted the rules they established about zat guns. It would explain why after a while nobody ever shot anyone with it twice, even when it would have made more sense to do so.

There was also the issue of the ancient they found in Antarctica apparently surviving for millions of years in a block of ice, while later the Ancients could barely survive for 10,000 years in statis chambers.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 09 November 2012, 06:05 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

And I'm not sure if this is a plothole but in Vegas, Alternate Todd seemed to be able to read Alternate John's mind, when the wraith couldn't do that before unless there were special circumstances like Teyla having wraith DNA.
                We have seen wraith 'telepathically' take people over (Well force them to their knees) several times..

Comment

As far as I can tell, since I've seen that the most recent anyway, Atlantis is full of continuity errors - arms held up, next shot down; jackets open, then closed; flags upside down is a classic one... I once thought about counting them, but there are too many to keep track.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hope this belongs in this category. It bugs me every time I hear it. In Window of Opportunity, when Jack and Teal'c are golfing through the wormhole to Alaris (I think that it's called that). Teal'c says that it is several billion miles. Well even if it's only 1 light year away, that is still trillions of miles. If there can be no more than one active gate per solar system, the closest to Earth would most likely be Alpha Centauri. That is 4.3 light years away. I would like to think that perhaps that would be where Abydos or Earnest's planet were located.

Sometimes I think the writers just pull a number out of the air without thinking about it or thinking no one will notice. I would say more, but I'm trying to be polite.
                    Last edited by tlw; 12 November 2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tlw View Post
                      I hope this belongs in this category. It bugs me every time I hear it. In Window of Opportunity, when Jack and Teal'c are golfing through the wormhole to Alaris (I think that it's called that). Teal'c says that it is several billion miles. Well even if it's only 1 light year away, that is still trillions of miles. If there can be no more than one active gate per solar system, the closest to Earth would most likely be Alpha Centauri. That is 4.3 light years away. I would like to think that perhaps that would be where Abydos or Earnest's planet were located.

Sometimes I think the writers just pull a number out of the air without thinking about it or thinking no one will notice. I would say more, but I'm trying to be polite.
                      If you listen to the commentary from '200' the point out the gag in the show(for any who didn't get the reference) that they acknowledge their use of random numbers.
                      When Martin is getting criticised for saying they (his sg/wx team) could cross that ravine in thirty seconds and he ponders this then says "maybe not such a round number, how about... thirty eight!! great little dig at the '38 minute window'.
                      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        We have seen wraith 'telepathically' take people over (Well force them to their knees) several times..
                        Yeah but that's not quite the same as reading their minds. For instance the Queen in Rising forced Sumner to tell her the name of his planet instead of telepathically stealing the information from his mind.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

True, but that shows from the get go, they are not truely telepathic (mind readers), more like body/mind controllers.

Comment

Working...
                          X