Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to that Stargate Game/MMO that was planned? (SGW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to that Stargate Game/MMO that was planned? (SGW)

I remember seeing an ad for it somewhere, is that thing ever gonna happen?

There was a Stargate MMORPG by the name of "Stargate Worlds," you can even see it being played by one of the main character/expert hacker's friends in the beginning of "Wargames 2," a scene where he is running around as a Jaffa with a staff weapon. It ran for a little while but what happened to cause its downfall was and still is rather complex, you can read about it here: http://www.tentonhammer.com/editorials/what-happened-to

Comment

That link doesn't work for me,but I found this one : here,and there are other articles listed as links beside that main piece.

Hope that helps.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        That link doesn't work for me,but I found this one : here,and there are other articles listed as links beside that main piece.

Hope that helps.
        Oh yes, apologies for that, an error with hyper linking http://www.tentonhammer.com/editorials/what-happened-to, if that doesn't work, I would try directly copying and pasting it into the address bar.

Comment

No worries,and your new link works fine.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

After years of development hell and financial problems, the studio ran out of money and it was cancelled. I can't find the Gateworld article, but if you search for Stargate Worlds through the GW archives you'll see something of its story. Normally the headline was something like "SG Worlds still in horrible debt", "The Mafia has broken the develops' legs", "SG Worlds is still coming... honest".

They did attempt to raise money by releasing Stargate: Resistance - an online only FPS. But that idea failed and the servers were shut down after only a few months.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Like every Stargate game, it seems to have been cursed...
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                X