Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my Richard Dean Anderson Autograph Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my Richard Dean Anderson Autograph Real?

Hi i purchased this autograph off ebay a few days ago from the seller benjam0101 on ebay.co.uk. The problem with richard dean anderson is he signs it in 3 different ways its either Richard Dean Anders, Rich Anderson or Richard Anderson. Mine says Richard Anderson. The autograph seems to be in a black sharpie and it is slightly raised off the picture so its not a reprint the signature is also straight and not curvey so its not one of those auto pen things. And there seems to be different amount of pressure placed down in different areas of the signature so I believe this is hand signed its just im not sure if its done by Richard Dean Anderson. Iv been looking on the internet and iv found others that look the same as mine Sorry about the quality of the scan but heres a scan of my autograph:

http://i53.tinypic.com/24w6lj6.jpg

And yes it did come with a c.o.a

Thanks for your help

Doesn't look like...I just went to Chevron 7.6 and had him sign my script. This is the what his signature looked like:

Doesn't look similar.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The R and the A do But i shall report this seller to ebay Thank you.

Comment

Hmm Iv been doing some looking online and I have seen other signed the same way as mine perhaps the one you have looks different because he was rushing if there was a large amount of people asking for his autograph but ebay is now looking into it so thank you

Comment

Originally posted by stargate_lover91 View Post
          The R and the A do But i shall report this seller to ebay Thank you.
          Just because they don't look similar, that doesn't mean its a fake.

Comment

I actually think this might be real now because it is actually hand written on its not autopen and its not preprinnt and the seller is seller other photos signed by rda which are exactly the same how hard would it be to copy it exactly several times if its not ur autograph

Comment

Did you recieve a validation certificate with the photo,and does the photo have a serial number or a sticker with the origin info on the reverse ?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It come with a certificate But nothing on the back of the photo however, Iv had autographs from shops and i believe some off Legends Memorabilia without anything on the back of the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  Just because they don't look similar, that doesn't mean its a fake.
                  seconded.

i remember reading a case on an old forum i was on, where some guy had christopher lee's autograph. he got it directly from the man himself.

some time (months, years, don't know) after, he showed it to a friend who was a respected dealer. the dealer said it was a fake. the guy who had the autograph believed that the dealer was not lying about his belief it was fake, and that the dealer seemed genuinely shocked to hear that it was received personally.

some people get autographs at shows as private individuals and, for whatever reason, choose later to sell them on. it's rare to have any method of validation in these cases. however, some people insist (where possible - guests aren't always up for it) on getting a photo with guests to prove that they've got the autograph that day. if a photo is with the auction, it might help somewhat, though of course it could easily be a stock photo used for a variety of auctions so it isn't 100% reliable.
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

he also just signs RDA

I have a few at home, I can take photos and post them

i suggest, what company did your COA come from? contact them and make sure it is legit
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i didn't realize that I had so manyavalon2.jpgsepia.jpgkawoosh.jpggroup.jpgavalon.jpg

kawoosh I didn't see signed, it was something he sent to a local charity auction
                      Avalon 2 he signed but I know he was 'slow in doing his homework', hence the scrawl
                      Avalon he signed in person at his 2008 gatecon appearance
                      Sepia i didn't see him sign, but someone at the show got it signed for me
                      group he did sign in person, but I know the lack of space might have cramped his style
                      and the script is something a person sent to me

so i have RDA, Richard Anderson and richard dean anderson in variations
                      two of them i saw signed with my own eyes
                      two of them i trust the people that sent them to me not to be lyinig
                      and the other two i have no real proof for (if any of them is autopenned in any way, it'd be kawoosh)

hope that helps
                      Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

and if im not mistaken the 1 with him and amanda hugging he has signed it Rich anderson Or richard anderson and it seems to look quiet similar to mine so who ever further up said he only signs rda is incorrect

Comment

Iv just noticed the 1ns signed Richard anderson look like they were signed early on in the show so perhaps he originally did sign Richard Anderson then later on in the show started to change it to Richard dean anderson and Rda

Comment

not necessarily

my RDA one is on a COTG script and I got it at least 6 or so years ago. teh gatecon one was 2008, the sepia one in the same time frame as the COTG script (i think...2004ish? i got it when the gatecons were still going on, original gatecons, not the 'rebirth' (pre scifi channel days)

the group shot and delete one were signed in the last year or two (the team one at MTM last year)

the kawoosh is probably the oldest one and the sam and jack one from avalon was 2007 i think

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X