Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Type of Stargate Game Would You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Type of Stargate Game Would You Prefer?

Stargate Resistance is not doing very well, from what I've heard on this forum, read on others and seen in reviews. A lot of people said that an online-only, pc-only, download-only third person shooter was a poor idea - so far it seems they were right.

Stargate Worlds future would appear to be in doubt now that Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment has filed for bankruptcy and SGR is faring badly. I know some said a Stargate MMO wasn't a good idea, certainly not for a comparatively inexperienced company like CME.

So, the question is this: what kind of Stargate game would you want to see?

1) First Person Shooter
    2) Roleplaying Game
    3) Real Time Strategy
    4) Third Person Adventure / Shooter
    5) Air / Space Combat Game
    6) Massively Multiplayer Online game
    7) Online-only Shooter
    8) Other
    First Person Shooter ?
    48.39%
    Roleplaying Game ?
    16.13%
    Real Time Strategy ?
    6.45%
    Third Person Adventure/Shooter ?
    16.13%
    Air/Space Combat Game ?
    9.68%
    Massively Multi-Player Online Game ?
    3.23%
    Online -only Shooter ?
    0.00%
    Other -please specify your choice.
    0.00%
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Definitely a roleplaying game with a solid, good singleplayer campaign. Something like Kotor but with Stargate.

There are already several good mods like Stargate: Empire at War on the internet, so we kind of have the strategy genre covered.

Comment

True, but I was kind of thinking "official" games. Though it does seem like some of the mods available are pretty good!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I agree with Atri: a real-time RPG would be the best for me. MMORPG is the next best thing, but I can see why it would be hard to make it profitable.
        sigpic

Comment

MMORPGs would be pretty difficult to make. There's just too much competition. We have WOW, STO and soon we'll have SW:TOR. Competing with that is not something a new studio could do easily. A singleplayer RPG which is done well would be the better choice and the community would probably be willing and wanting to make mods for it. Just look at Kotor!

Comment

I'd have to agree w/ the single-player RPG idea, as well. I wouldn't care if it's in either the style of (using recent examples) Dragon Age or Mass Effect, as long as it's done well. Perhaps a multiplayer option should be integrated if ever such a game is made (kinda like Neverwinter Nights).
            Strategy? Hmm. I'd prefer a mix of RPG and Strategy, tho'. (Mount and Blade comes to mind...)

MMO? No. Too many MMOs already.
            sigpic

Comment

I went with FPS, though I'd be happy with an RPG too.

Comment

I would love an third person adventure game like Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones, full of exploration and action on many different planets.

Comment

Gears of war, but with Tomb Raider type puzzles every so often.

Comment

FPS all the way! I once saw pics of Stargate mods that someone did for the original Halflife game. It was blocky, but looked great.

I still play Halflife and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. - A Stargate version of that type of game would be amazing - It could have an expansion pack to include Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy. I am not impressed by games that are havily dependant on a Broadband connection. - How can you use your laptop to play that when away from home?
                    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

FPS, no question.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                        FPS all the way! I once saw pics of Stargate mods that someone did for the original Halflife game. It was blocky, but looked great.

I still play Halflife and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. - A Stargate version of that type of game would be amazing - It could have an expansion pack to include Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy. I am not impressed by games that are havily dependant on a Broadband connection. - How can you use your laptop to play that when away from home?
                        I doubt many laptops will play modern FPS's anyway.

Comment

I'd like to see a game that plays like "Oblivion", with a mix of strategy, fighting and puzzle solving.
                          I don't think I'd bother with playing a MMORPG. I don't really like them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Strategy, fighting and puzzle solving pretty much describes what the MMO was going to be.

Comment

I would prefer something like Elite Force - an action-oriented first or third person shooter, which isn't that what Alliance was supposed to be? While Alliance may not have been shaping up to be nice, I think that's the genre that Stargate needs to get its foot in the door. Elite Force, to this day is in my opinion one of the most accessible Star Trek games for non-Star Trek fans out there. I don't know if I'd want Raven to do it though, as their recent games have not been up to par from what I've heard.

Either that, or I'd love to see a Bioware-developed RPG in the vein of Mass Effect. Not something like Dragon Age but something with a more action-oriented focus to it.
                              That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X