10 seasons on dvd and nothing to watch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 seasons on dvd and nothing to watch!

So I bought the complete 10 season set... the case is aweful, I tried playing them in 5 different dvd players and couldn't get anything! The only thing I have that will play them is my playstation. What's even worse then that is that every player I've tried them in now disc errors everything I put in them! I don't know how that's possible but if anyonelse has had this problem, please let me know!

Sounds like you've bought the wrong region DVD's. Where do you live, and what region are the DVD's you bought?

Comment

Originally posted by dacey View Post
      So I bought the complete 10 season set... the case is aweful, I tried playing them in 5 different dvd players and couldn't get anything! The only thing I have that will play them is my playstation. What's even worse then that is that every player I've tried them in now disc errors everything I put in them! I don't know how that's possible but if anyonelse has had this problem, please let me know!
      Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Sounds like you've bought the wrong region DVD's. Where do you live, and what region are the DVD's you bought?
      I think KEK's right. If you haven't bought the wrong region, you may have been ripped off with a pirated copy. Where'd you get it from, and for how much?
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

if youve bought the wrong region (England is region 2) then you need a multi-regional player, if your in England Curry's do a good one for £20
        sigpic

Comment

I hate how the first 3 seasons look so grainy like watching it on VHS.

PS. check Videohelp.com and look up one of your DVD player model numbers to see if it has a region hack. usually you update the firmware or punch in a code on the remote control.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
            I hate how the first 3 seasons look so grainy like watching it on VHS.
            Heh... They may look grainy but they'd look far worse on VHS.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Where did you purchase them from? Was it from a buyer on ebay or Amazon? You should check to see what region they are. Example: If you are in North America and bought them from Europe the regions are different so they won't play in your DVD players. Also check if they aren't pirated copies.

Also if they are clashing regions, there are ways to set some DVD players to play ALL region DVDs.
              sigpic

Comment

I got one of those Philips DVP 5000 series models which isn't the greatest quality but it has a lot of features and one of them is a simple code to punch in on the remote to play any region disc.

to be honest I thought about saying "yeah VHS would look worse" but the Space Channel which isn't HD plays the first 3 seasons on a regular basis and although they look dull and washed out they are not grainy at all.

someone told me it's because they filmed the first 3 seasons with 16mm film and in season 4 they started filming with 35mm film and Season 8 they started using HD. when the the 16mm film is transferred to DVD it creates that grain effect?

I haven't watched the Children of the Gods final cut since it came out but Wright must of cleaned it up because I remember it looking better so it be great if they release a new box set in the future.

Christine

Comment

I don't know about your countries, but here we've most of the players with the multiregion playback by default, i.e. no codes punching in or else. And I heard not about a single case when pirate copy would refuse to play... On the other hand, all computer DVD drives are regional, and I had jammed it badly couple of times.
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I bought the complete series from HMV in Ottawa Onatrio (where I reside)... I've looked at all the included material and it says only for distribition in the US and Canada. Being that I live in the capital of Canada, I would think these movies should play for me... any other ideas or options would be appreciated....

Comment

yep, ok take them back to HMV they should exchange them for you, after all they are faulty goods
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacey View Post
                        Thanks everyone,

I bought the complete series from HMV in Ottawa Onatrio (where I reside)... I've looked at all the included material and it says only for distribition in the US and Canada. Being that I live in the capital of Canada, I would think these movies should play for me... any other ideas or options would be appreciated....

It should say somewhere on the box what region the discs are.

Comment

Working...
                        X