No announcement yet.

Propworx Stargate Auctions Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won an item that ended Sunday Night (the Carter Jacket - I am so excited ) Why hasn't it shipped yet? Support said it had something to do with a COA
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
      I won an item that ended Sunday Night (the Carter Jacket - I am so excited ) Why hasn't it shipped yet? Support said it had something to do with a COA
      Hey, Sam! Check out any item in our eBay auctions under Shipping Info and Checkout:
      "With hundreds of items being auctioned weekly, please allow up to 4 weeks for your order to be processed and shipped."

Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Sam:

We are just getting the COA's printed, so this first week will take a bit longer than usual to ship items. Usually we get items out in a week. But this time it may take up to two weeks because of the time it has taken us to get ramped up. Plus, we have to put a hologram on each item, and a matching one on each COA. Also, we aren't just some guy in his garage who throws stuff in a Priority Mail box. We really take a lot of time and effort packaging each box since you are dealing with screen-used props and costumes and not some action figure.

So when you get your box, you will be quite happy.

Alec

Comment

Are the holograms on the costumes and items removable?

Comment

The holograms on props and set decoration is not removable. That is the whole idea, our COA is permanently tied to the particular item. The costumes (and very small props where you can't put a small hologram on) get a costume/prop tag that the hologram is attached to.

Alec

Comment

Originally posted by Loken View Post
              It fits a specific PDA.

Alec
              How many shells do you have? I have a very large collection of PDA's and I am 99% sure that the one they used was the HP H5555 (I have 2) So if I get the shells, I'm definatly going to be putting it on it

Question about the "working" detector: Is the Detectors animation/graphic just a part of the shell, or is it an application/movie/animation on the PDA itself? I would be quite interested in trying to make a copy if it is an actual program, or I will try to create SGCsim for WinMobile 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Loken View Post
                The holograms on props and set decoration is not removable. That is the whole idea, our COA is permanently tied to the particular item. The costumes (and very small props where you can't put a small hologram on) get a costume/prop tag that the hologram is attached to.

Alec
                I am still a little confused about the labeling process. Perhaps you can clarify for me whether the holograms affixed to the larger props are in the form of tags or adhesive stickers? And if they are stickers, do you attach these to all of the objects that are large enough (including things made of paper)?

Comment

I don't like the idea of a permanent hologram, honestly.. The idea behind it is not bad but I think you should atleast have the option to remove the hologram.. I mean through that you are permanently altering the items and you know for me they then loose this 'as used last on the show touch' to that degree that I would rather buy a replicas or other screen used props from other sources.. Which is sad as you have many great items and I actually planned to spend some money but these holograms could really scare me off..

So are the tags removable from the costumes? Completely or will you still see that there was a tag hologram, whatever?

Comment

From what I have gotten from Propworx the holograms are very well places. On my bsg helmet its placed inside the helmet and doesnt affect the outside. For smaller pieces and costumes there are tags attached so you can take the tag off if you want.

Comment

Ok that's cool.. Was afraid there is a big sticker glued onto every prop or that the costume-tags when taken off would leave traces like when you remove the knob from a stuffed animal by Steiff (does anyone know these? Couldn't find a better example ) ^^

Comment

Steiff? Stuffed animals?..im lost already But for the ones below. The pins came with the tag and hologram on the tag, the helmet behind it has the hologram placed inside the rim of the helmet out of site and the costume has the same tag/hologram attached to the costume and all matching the COA's. Hope this helps
                        http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...rops/pins2.jpg
                        http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x.../dutyblue2.jpg

Comment

Dunno if Steiff is only available in Germany but their trademark is that all their toys have a plug in the ear like this: http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...2306995455.jpg

So if you remove the pin/tag from the costumes there doesn't remain something like a hole or dent that indicates that there was once a pin attached, right?

Comment

Ah, nah, doesnt leave marks if you take off the tag its just similar to taking off the price tag on normal clothes.

Comment

Ok guess propworx put a lot of thoughts into it then.. I feel reassured then.. I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to this ^^

Thanks kwalsh0000!

Comment

We put a LOT of thought into it and we have the best system (actually the only one) out there.

Also, auctions end tonight!

Alec

Comment

Working...
                                X