This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
    Wow. You know, I really hate to say it, but if anything, these new screenies look even worse than the old ones. I'm seeing a lot that I really just do not like here.
    Yeah, gotta agree. I mean, w/ 'mainstream' 1st-person shooters, like the Call of Duty franchise, aiming for more 'realistic' visuals (and I'm not just referring to graphics in terms of pixel count, how hi-res the textures are, etc.), releasing a game that looks like that now may not be such a good idea.

Even some FPS released 2 or so years ago, IMHO, look better than what's being shown in those screen for SG:R.
    IMHO, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the first one) set a bar or standard, and FPSs made after that should at least match that standard, in both gameplay and visuals. I mean, I'd want to play a game set in the SG universe, but I'd also like it to see mainstream acceptance, which would mean being at least able to match the 'standard'.
    Just my two cents, of course.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BaalisGod View Post
      I was sort of on the fence about it, but after reading about the six different classes and how well they are balanced (at least on paper) I'm definitely in for this game. Are a lot of you going to be into it? How big do you think the community for this game will be. I'm wondering how many Stargate fans will want an action team based shooter, and not an adventure game or some other type of less just killing people game.
      Not many I fear. Pretty much everyone I've spoken to about this seemed positive about a Stargate shooter, then dismayed when they found out it would be multiplayer only, and even more negative when they saw the stills. The game by all accounts is just a means to scrape a bit of cash together quickly to fund SGW, and it kinda shows. I don't think I'm likely to part with any cash just for this, not unless the reviews are stellar, I certainly won't buy it just because it has Stargate in the title anyway.

Comment

Wow. You know, I really hate to say it, but if anything, these new screenies look even worse than the old ones. I'm seeing a lot that I really just do not like here.
        Same here. Stargate: We Need Cash is not looking too pretty to me. Not that it matters, I won't be buying it even out of curiosity. The only online shooters I (can) play are on Xbox Live.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Not many I fear. Pretty much everyone I've spoken to about this seemed positive about a Stargate shooter, then dismayed when they found out it would be multiplayer only, and even more negative when they saw the stills. The game by all accounts is just a means to scrape a bit of cash together quickly to fund SGW, and it kinda shows. I don't think I'm likely to part with any cash just for this, not unless the reviews are stellar, I certainly won't buy it just because it has Stargate in the title anyway.
        Anybody want to start taking bets on how long it'll be before this game is sitting in the bargain bins?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

New screenshots that actually look pretty decent.

http://stargateresistance.com/media/images/index.htm

Comment

Alot of the character models and levels look just plain wrong for Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Alot of the character models and levels look just plain wrong for Stargate.
              A little maybe. I just think it looks too..... mediocre.
              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                A little maybe. I just think it looks too..... mediocre.
                Yup. Even the environments look too plain or 'dated'. Compare those screenshots to those from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (released late 2007) and you can see quite a big difference in quality.

I also don't like the 'glowy' bits on the characters. I mean, I know SG is sci-fi, but some of those designs look like they belong in another setting. I'm no game designer, but methinks they should have gone w/ what SG teams and their opponents really looked like.
                sigpic

Comment

I take it back. I no longer wish they would make 'a stargate game, ANY stargate game', because whatever it was I wanted, this sure ain't it.
                  "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                  "Who doesn't?"

Comment

I take it back. I no longer wish they would make 'a stargate game, ANY stargate game', because whatever it was I wanted, this sure ain't it.
                    The many mods out there are way better than what I've seen with Worlds and Resistance.

Comment

^^ I'd agree for Resistance, but not Worlds, what little I've seen of that looks fantastic.

Comment

Just signed up for updates & had a look @ the SG:R website & was annoyed & very disappointed it won't on MAC & will only be available for PC (Windows XP running SP2 or greater/Windows Vista). Anyone know if a MAC user can run Boot Camp or Parallels (where you run Windows side-by-side with the MAC OSX - in my case MAC Snow Leopard) & run natively in Windows that way?

Any word on when it is coming for digital download for MAC?

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath, to be completely honest.

So Stargate: We Need Cash can only be played online, purchased online, it's (currently) restricted to PCs and generally the only buzz surrounding it is a swarm of flies about how poor it looks, and sounds.

Can't help thinking this is not what the Stargate franchise or MGM need at the moment...
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Lol @ giving new studio the SG license. This game is going to blow.

Man, I wonder what a company like Bioware could do with it. Oh wait, we have Mass Effect. I'll stick to that.

Comment

It's out the day after my birthday ! It looks good ! I don't care if it's fairly "bad", because it's Stargate (and it is actually Stargate unlike *is muffled by squeedrones* ) and it's about time a game was released ! It seems good, though !
                              Bioware? bioblow ! They're bad .... baaaaa-aaaaad. Square Enix ?

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                                Just signed up for updates & had a look @ the SG:R website & was annoyed & very disappointed it won't on MAC & will only be available for PC (Windows XP running SP2 or greater/Windows Vista). Anyone know if a MAC user can run Boot Camp or Parallels (where you run Windows side-by-side with the MAC OSX - in my case MAC Snow Leopard) & run natively in Windows that way?

Any word on when it is coming for digital download for MAC?
                                Yep, I believe it's... uh.... X *opens a Windows program* Xterm does it? Yep, it's a Windows emulator . I had a quick look and there were no obvious places to get it in the first few search results, good luck . It is the most common, I believe .

Comment

Working...
                                X