No announcement yet.

SGU DVD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it looks like I won't be owning SGU on DVD for a very long time....

Comment

Not a thing in those extras would entice me to pay full price for half a season. Smacks of being desperate for money.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Well, the Kino Video Diaries and cast interviews are already available and really, really short, Daniel Jackson Presentations are probably going to be fluff pieces as well. There aren't any thorough behind-the-scenes featurettes (would love one about the concept, filming of the pilot, finding the cast and so on). Audio commentaries are mostly by the cast members who play the least interesting characters. No Carlyle commentary, now that's a real shame.

This set is actually quite light on special features and the SRP is just too high.
        sigpic

Comment

For what it's worth, amazon.com is selling it for $34.99.

More importantly, it will be released on Blu-Ray as well. And that is why I won't be buying SGU on DVD.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post

More importantly, it will be released on Blu-Ray as well. And that is why I won't be buying SGU on DVD.
            Which is about what I paid for full seasons of SG-1 and SGA, at least the ones I bought when they were first released.

Perfecto!

Comment

Blu-SRP is freakin' $69.99!! No way am I buying the show on DVD, but NO WAY am I paying that much for half a season either. I've been thoroughly enjoying the show, but that's just not a price I'm willing to pay to own it. If MGM's gonna be like that about it, then they can either release the entire season together when its done, or they can say goodbye to my money.
              "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
              "Who doesn't?"

Comment

No store will ever charge you the RRP - ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                  Blu-SRP is freakin' $69.99!! No way am I buying the show on DVD, but NO WAY am I paying that much for half a season either. I've been thoroughly enjoying the show, but that's just not a price I'm willing to pay to own it. If MGM's gonna be like that about it, then they can either release the entire season together when its done, or they can say goodbye to my money.
                  The pre-sale Blu-ray is $38.99 for half of Season 1 (10 episode equivalent - Episode 1 is double-length).

Let's do the math, pre-sale for 24 Season 7 on Blu-ray (obviously, 24 episodes) I paid $44.99. Right now it sells for $40.99.

Anyone else sees this as being a problem?

Comment

SGU season 1.0 isn't on EzyDVD's radar yet, here in Australia, but there is the limited edition extended pilot in collectors tin...
                    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/809395
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      SGU season 1.0 isn't on EzyDVD's radar yet, here in Australia, but there is the limited edition extended pilot in collectors tin...
                      But not in the US or Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        But not in the US or Canada.
                        Yay, we are alone in the privilege of paying extra monies! They're milking the fans for all they're worth (fortunately I'm worth a lot so I've already preordered)
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post

A generic silver tin with a sticker slapped over top of it?
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                          X