Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-ordering with Amazon

Hi all

I've pre-ordered SG1 Children of The Gods and SGA's Fan Choice on Amazon.COM, but I live in the UK so chose expedited delivery (8-16 days).

I know Amazon post the pre-orders so they arrive on the day of release, do you think they'd ship my DVD's earlier so they arrive around the US release date?

I'm kinda hoping they arrive early! lol

Doubtful i'm afraid.

Anything that i've pre-ordered from the US has taken at least a fortnight to get here from the release date. If your lucky and they start the shipping process at the same time as the US orders, you might have it within a week but certainly don't expect it any earlier.
    sigpic

Comment

Most companies don't do this anymore, though they used to regularly. A few years ago I would often get preorders from Amazon and Overstock on the Saturday before release. I think there were some lawsuits about breaking street dates though (it might have been after the whole deepdiscount/Harry Potter fiasco).

Comment

Originally posted by dannster View Post
        Hi all

I've pre-ordered SG1 Children of The Gods and SGA's Fan Choice on Amazon.COM, but I live in the UK so chose expedited delivery (8-16 days).<snip>
        I don't want to be an alarmist, but are the DVDs you're ordering from Amazon in the U.S. compatible with your region? Or hopefully you've already got that figured out already.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
          I don't want to be an alarmist, but are the DVDs you're ordering from Amazon in the U.S. compatible with your region? Or hopefully you've already got that figured out already.

Yup! My player is region free for DVD's and set to US for Blu Rays

Comment

Working...
          X