Stargate on sale at Amazon June 30th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate on sale at Amazon June 30th!

I got an email from Amazon saying they are having a big sale on the SG-1 box set and the Stargate seasons tomorrow June 30th only. They didn't list the prices, but it might be worth checking out.

SG-1the complete series is $131.99.

But in addition to that goldbox deal, there are Stargate deals going on throughout the day:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

6:00 AM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    Ba’al is back (Continuum)

8:00 AM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    One last confrontation with the Ori awaits (the Ark of Truth)

10:00 AM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    The Gate is open (COTG or Season 1?)

1:00 PM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    Watch out for the Wraiths (the Rising or Atlantis S1?)

4:00 PM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    Get personal with Atlantis (Same?)

7:00 PM PDT
    Upcoming Deal
    Col. Samantha Carter arrives! (no idea)

Comment

First lightning deal is indeed Continuum for $7.99. Quantities are always limited on lightning deals.

Comment

I would say the last one is Atlantis season 4.

That being said, you could make a case that the last 4 are the first 4 seasons of Atlantis in order. It'd be less likely they'd offer a single season of SG-1 when the full series is already on sale.

Comment

Best Buy has Seasons 1-4 of Atlantis for $16.99 each today.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToOne View Post
            I would say the last one is Atlantis season 4.

That being said, you could make a case that the last 4 are the first 4 seasons of Atlantis in order. It'd be less likely they'd offer a single season of SG-1 when the full series is already on sale.
            Yeah, that would make sense.

Comment

Just spent $131.99 plus shipping, damn I hate great deals

Comment

I only wish a good portion of the reviews didn't complain about bad packing and broken disks. Maybe I'll buy from another site.

But good deal anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I only wish a good portion of the reviews didn't complain about bad packing and broken disks. Maybe I'll buy from another site.

But good deal anyways.
                  It's not Amazon that's the problem, it's the packaging from the original warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

But good deal anyways.
                    I havent been through every disk but did check out a few (visually checked for damage)

and couldnt find any

Also tried Season 4, Disc 5 Episode Prodigy given the problems reported with the portal collection, thankfully no problems

Apart from issues with Region 1 and having only a PS3 to play them on my HD widescreen Im very Happy

I have a multi region (coded it from online info) multi disc player, but its not connected to the HD Widescreen TV which is a damn shame

Relegated to normal widescreen TV

So until Sony decide to allow PS3 multi region capability (which they never will knowing Sony) or some clever so and so comes up with a Multi Region Work around, Im either gonna have to backup each disk individually myself and create a multi region version of it as I do so.

Or ideally put everything onto a Hard Drive

Decided to back them up using DvDshrink, hopefully everything will back up to as .vob files to this

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/2TB-W...-FW400800-ESAA

As for the set itself, nice to get a series for the right price, I remember back in the day collecting VHS tapes of Star Trek, TOS,TNG,DS9,VGR etc at £10 a tape each week

Alot of tapes, all worth . . . . Sweet FA now on an obsolete format, at least I didnt pay over the odds for this, and the packaging is great,

just have to save up now for a 2T drive
                    Last edited by Mooncat; 10 July 2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Ahhh seems this set is plagued

Sending it back for a refund, 2 of the discs are scratched that coupled with the Region problems

Guess what the returns postage is £49.49 !!!!!

FFS !!!

Glad to know I aint forking out for that !

Now its gone
                      Last edited by Mooncat; 13 July 2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X