new MMORPG game concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new MMORPG game concept

ok, i know stargate worlds is already out there, but i just found out about that, before i knew about that, i was watching SG-1 a few days ago, and was thinking about the storyline, the plot, etc, and thought of this game concept.

ok so here it is

its called Stargate:factions and the basic overview/story-line is that its set slightly further in the future,the Goa'uld have risen once more,the Ori are still trying to convert the Milky Way, and the Asgard didn't blow themselved up. thats the basic overview,keep reading.

now,i say its set in the future because the tau'ri have advanced medically enough to remove a goua'uld from a host.thats important,il explain why in greater detail later.the Goua'uld are trying to enslave the Milky Way,the Ori are trying to convert the same galaxy to their religion,and the Tau'ri are stuck in the middle, trying to defend their home galaxy.Now,lets go though this from the POV(point of view)from a new player, having just made an account and starting to play. you start up the game, you are prompted to make an account,payment methods etc,then you get in the game,and you must choose a faction.you can play as the Tau'ri,the Ori,the Goa'uld,or the Asgard.then there are "sub-races".so if you pick Gou'ald,you then choose one of three,

1.the Gou'ald alliance-these Goa'uld recognize that they and the Ori share a common enemy.they believe a compromise can be met between them and the Ori if they work together to destroy the Tauri,they believe that if the Ori allow them to rule the galaxy,then they will have their slaves follow the path of the Ori.
    2.the Gou'ald-the Goa'uld ally themselves with nobody,they choose to destroy the Tauri and the Ori.
    3.the Tokra-these are symbiotes that are friendly to the Tauri.

all three of these sub-races have symbiotes in them,but they all have different allegiences.

now,like World of Warcraft, once you choose a race, you choose a class,like mage or warlock.well lets take the Ori for example,if you choose them,then you can choose to be a Prior, a warrior, or priestess. im not sure about the other factions classes,like the Asgard,you can work that out,but the Tau'ri could have classes like scientist where your like daniel and are a multi linguist, so if your character encounters tablets or ensciptions in other languages,you can read them,making quests easier.

now your advancing in levels and not a noob anymore, you meet up with a friend, they have some pretty cool armor, you ask where they got it,they give you the gate address, you go to that planet, ask some NPC's where the nearest village is,you find the market place where your friend got the armor, you try to buy them from the vendor, only to find that your currency is not accepted there!!! so you must do quests on that planet to earn reputation (i'll explain reputation later)and money(their money)and buy the robes.so there are litterally hundreds if not thousands of quests on dozens of planets.

now, you may be a high level, but your not invincible,you still die.so when your character dies,you get sent back to your home planet,and your in a hospital/infirmory. you have 25% of your health,and as long as your in that bed, your health regenerates at a faster rate than if you were up and walking around. different factions have different hospitals, if your human, your in the SGC infirmory, if your Asgard, you get cloned and have a new body, and have 100% health, different factions have advantages and disadvantages, naturally.and the goa'uld have symbiotes, so in battle they regenerate health slowly even while in combat, but if they die they get sent home and are in a sarcophagus and regenerate in that manner.

now the whole point of the game is to win planets for your faction, you can do this by going to a planet and doing quests, trying to convert them, or bombarding them from orbit! the goa'uld and goa'uld alliance do not know the meaning of diplomacy, and thus cannot peacefully convert a planet, they can still do quests, but it wont matter except for personal benefit. they need to bombard the planet from ships(will discuss later). the Tok'ra can talk to the planets leader(s) and convince them that they are better than the enemy and they should ally themselves with that faction.

now, clans. people are going to want to fight other players, so why just let them kill each other, why not let them kill each other in ships! yes! clan wars are fought over plants when there are multiple leaders of that planet (like earth, no single voice for the whole planet) so the planet might be split different ways. so players can go to war over a planet. they can fight epic battles on the ground, or dog fight in gliders, or use ships to bombard troops on the surface.

wow, your still reading this? awesome!

lets discuss clans in greater detail. to start a clan you must go to a ship yard, talk to the yard master, and ask for a ship to be built. ships will cost a lot and thus leaders will probably take donations from the members. so, now you want to start a clan? well you go to a planet(under your allegiance) and talk to the yard master, he gives you a paper, it says you must have a minimum of 10 players to start a clan, as the ship requires a crew. so you trade the paper to your 10 players, and though the act of trading it, you sort of sign your name on it. once 10 names are on the paper, and you have the money to buy the ship, you design a logo to put on your ship. so now once you buy it, you and those people on the paper are instantly transported on a ship ( you can buy different ships, higher classes cost more money). the ship requires a captain, the captain of the ship is the same person who started the clan, the clan leader. so whoever asks the yard master, is the clan leader, and captain. the ship will require various people to do tasks and positions. now, just like walking around on a planet, the ship is also like a "map" so to speak, by that i mean you can still walk around and interact like you would if your on a planet. so your the captain, you pick a first mate to take your place if your logged out, you have a weapons coordinator, the person who targets enemy vessels for the battery crew. the battery crew fires the weapons once they are locked on. a person to activate the beam , to beam your crew to and from the planet surface and the ship. and a pilot, to maneuver the ship.

now that you have started a clan, you want to fight in a clan war. so you go to your home planet, talk to an NPC or check a poster or something (havnt worked this part out too well, about finding a planet i mean) and once you find a planet in turmoil (remember, with more than one leader who has picked different factions) you send a "letter" to your crew, an in-game message that pops up, or if they are logged out, appears when they log in, and tells them the name of the planet, and when the clan war will be. clan leaders could even "draft" players. yes, they send out a general letter, to all players of that faction on that planet, saying that there will be a clan war at this planet at this time etc, and should they accept the draft, they would get a prize, a special, customized armor signifying that they fought in that war under a certain clan.

now, as a clan leader, you can choose how to fight in the war. you have a ship at your disposal, you can do several things, you can take the players you drafted, take them to the planet,(the draftees could just get there themselves, but why take the gate when you can arrive in style?) and provide support for them fighting. for example, you can bombard the enemy troops ( of course theres a 10 min cooldown, dont want to wipe out the enemy with a single ship!) and you have an infirmory, when troops on the battle field die, they get sent the ship, and , as explained earlier, if your asgard and die in battle, your cloned a new body and transported back down to the planet, if your human you go to the ships infirmory and suffer health regeneration, etc, etc. now, planets can be won and lost throughout the galaxy, so you can go to an Ori controlled planet, talk to the leader and convince them that they are bad and should follow them. each planet has a "faction bar" that displays the percentage each faction holds in that planet.

so you choose to function as a support vessel, what if an enemy ship comes and attacks you? you have no gliders because the hangers were used as massive holding areas for the troops, and the other hanger is a massive infirmory for all the casualties. another clan leader takes his/her ship, packed with gliders, and defends you from other ships. or sends the gliders to attack the troops.

ok, so you've won the war and the planet is under your factions control, now you and all the other players can vote for what to do with it. if you discover that the planet has a trinium mine, or a planet near-by does, then you can talk to the planet leader, and petition to build a ship yard, thus, any ships purchased there would be cheaper. also, thats another thing about the game, lets say your Tau'ri, you back to your home planet, you find out that the president of the united states elections are coming up, you are given choices for who to vote for, lets say president A is pro diplomacy, if you vote for this man and after a period of time, if he has the majority vote, he wins, and since hes for diplomacy, your character is granted a bonus, so when you go to planets to convert them, its much easier. now president B on the other hand, is a gun totin army lovin guy, he will fund the SGC and help develope more powerful weapons, thus your character is granted an attack bonus in battle.

every MMORPG has skills for your character to learn,runescape,WoW,you have skills that you can learn to build armor, do magic, craft various devices, etc.and so should this game! there will be general skills, which are available to all players, such as armor making, in which you go to a planet, mine some ore( note, different planets have different mines) and smelt them and hammer them into armor. however, races such as an Ori prior has a special class skill, magic, or some other name, which enables the prior to develope his/her abilities to either help convert planets, or do powerful,mind bending attacks in battle.

and like all MMORPG's there are monsters to kill to gain levels,well different planets are host to different animals! there are ice planets and desert planets,terra planets (similar to earth) etc,and there are different monster drops.

anyways,thats the concept of the game,i think it could be a great game, and so i just wanted to tell you guys about it,i'd like to see it come to life,it would be very popular. of course those are just some aspects of the game i addressed.

and after the game is a hit, you release an expansion pack, which enables players to go to the pegasus galaxy, and they can choose new factions, the wraith, the ancients, and the replicators!!!

i almost forgot,of course theres so much i've told you but at the beginning of this, i mentioned that it was further in the future,thats because when your in a clan war, theres a 20% chance that when you die,you get sent to the enemies ship, and you have the option of "converting" so to speak,and join the other faction.basicly they capture you, and offer you a chance to join their side, you become a traitor.and when you change sides, your previous faction suffers a sort of "attrition" and they do a little bit less damage, decreasing moral.and its in the future because the Tau'ri can remove symbiotes to convert goa'uld,previously in the series they did not,so it needs to be in the future for that part of the game to make sense and work.

well,thats about it i just thought it up one day,pretty good for just a day dream i think,but let me know what you guys think of it,of course you can add or take away or change some aspects of it,tell me what your thinking!
    We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
    —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
    —Ricky Gervais
Working...
X