Stargate DVD $ Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate DVD $ Breakdown

All right kids, in the last 4 months I have shelled out $170 building a Stargate DVD collection, and it is still not complete. Naturally, I have to ask the question: where does the $ go?

I buy all my seasons from Wal-Mart, average cost is about $20 a season ($20 so far, I haven't reached the latest-more expensive seasons yet).

Out of that twenty dollar bill, does anybody know how it is divided up? What % does MGM get? Do the actors get a cut?...and so on. And most importantly, is there any way a recent rise is DVD sales will give the production crew of SGU a bigger budget for cooler effects?
    Your thoughts?

$170!

i spent a lot more on my stargate collection something like $700 all up, mind you i own 20 seasons of SG-1 (thats two sets of 10 by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      $170!

i spent a lot more on my stargate collection something like $700 all up, mind you i own 20 seasons of SG-1 (thats two sets of 10 by the way)
      no offense but why in gods name would u ever need 2 sets of 10 seasons of sg1
      SGU =Awesome!!!
      Hope it stays as good...
      sigpic

Comment

i bought the 5 (or 6) disc box sets and then i bought all 10 season together, the boiox one with the gate on it, i also have continuum, ark of truth, the original movie, season 1 - 4 atlantis, still have to buy atklantis season 5 and the complete atlantis sert plus the complete sg1 and atlatnis one that will come out one day, then universe and infinity

why?...because i can

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          why?...because i can
          Greened you for this because it made me laugh
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
          X