This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North America SG1 books

Well, just to let everyone know, I fired off an e-mail to Fandemonium about the possibility of SG1 novels in North America in the future. This is the response:

Hi Lee
    Sorry - the new Stargate SG-1 novels (published by Fandemonium Books) won't
    be available in the US for the foreseeable future. We have asked for the
    North American license from MGM but have been turned down because the
    license for that territory is held by ROC, the publishers of the original
    Stargate SG-1 novels written by Ashley McConnell. I'm sorry we are not able
    to fulfill orders to the US, either. We will let people know via our email
    newsletter if this situation changes.
    Thanks for your interest in the books.
    Regards,
    Tom
    So, the situation hasn't changed, and it is evident this is because ROC still has the license.

yep, so folks in the us have two options...and they're not mutually exclusive

You want to read the books, either find a friend who's not in the us to get them for you.
    order them through amazon.co.uk (and hey, if you use the link on gateworld, the site gets a nod )

write MGM and let them know just how much you, as a resident of the US would like to get the books and maybe putting some pressure on them will encourage them to rectify the situation with ROC
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yep, so folks in the us have two options...and they're not mutually exclusive

You want to read the books, either find a friend who's not in the us to get them for you.
      order them through amazon.co.uk (and hey, if you use the link on gateworld, the site gets a nod )

write MGM and let them know just how much you, as a resident of the US would like to get the books and maybe putting some pressure on them will encourage them to rectify the situation with ROC
      I even tried to get the "other" SG-1 books but they are out of print.

Comment

i have two of the bill mckay ones, but i never read them or tracked down the two other simply because once i realized that Sam and Teal'c weren't in them, it didn't hold much appeal.

I skimmed the novelization, then sorta skimmed the first ashley mcconnellbook, but gave up on the series because the author just wasn't to my taste

You can probably find them on amazon
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

All of the U.S. books are available at my nearby Barnes and Noble. Just for grins I checked for the Fandemonium ones, but of course they weren't there.

Comment

ROC is in the midst of rereleasing the Ashley McConnell books in the U.S. over the next few months. There is nothing new on the horizon yet, but I'm hearing vague ruminations that ROC may be doing something new. We hope to have something to report in the weeks to come.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I live in the united states and I was able to order the books(A matter of Honor, Sacrifice Moon, and Trial By Fire) from amazon.co.uk. I just ordered them yesterday so they're not here yet. Unfortunately it cost me over $50.00 for the three books.

Comment

Working...
              X