This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Worlds Featured in Game Informer Magazine

While i was at a friends house today he had this month Game Informer magazine and i flipped threw and low and behold a glorious visioin. They Featured Stargate Worlds!They had a few screen shots that looked awsome. Now do you think this is a good sign?
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

what is game informer?

A better sign would be articles on sites like Ten Ton Hammer, since that is a website for MMO gamers. Speaking of which, they've posted up an interesting article about SGW just recently... http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/61377. If that is true, it sounds like a real desperate attempt by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment to breathe financial life back into not only SGW but their own company.

On another note, this article http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/50388 is a pretty interesting read. Basically one of their editor's opinions on how the 4 big upcoming Sci Fi MMO's will do in 2009. Can't really say I disagree with him. To sum his article up:

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a critically acclaimed hit

Star Trek Online will do well enough just on Trekkie subs to make money

Stargate Worlds will struggle to survive 18 months

JumpGate Evolution will suffer crippling losses to the other three titles

Comment

Did anybody see it. i was super excited to see it in the magazine and the game informer guys even gave it a positive review. cant wait until its released!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        Did anybody see it. i was super excited to see it in the magazine and the game informer guys even gave it a positive review. cant wait until its released!!!!!
        Was it? Didn't see it...

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          I don't read game informer i am glad that they gave it a positive review. I am gona be playing this when it comes out
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
            Was it? Didn't see it...
            February 09 issue page 75.
            sigpic

Comment

I direct your attention to page 20 of the same issue though, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly section.

BAD
              Stargate Worlds developer Cheyenne Mountain is having trouble meeting its payroll, but says it is continuing its work on the MMO project. The company still plans to start the second phase of the game's beta program early this year.
              I'm a member over at the official Stargate Worlds website forums too and some people over there are freaking out over a rumor that says the game is having difficulties. Perhaps this is the basis for that rumor.

Comment

the guy responsible for the game said last month that the game wont move forward and will halt its activities in developing it until they find another investor. the economic crisis forced some to bail out i guess.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe i'll get lucky and they will go back to The SG1: The Alliance game that was cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Maybe i'll get lucky and they will go back to The SG1: The Alliance game that was cancelled.
                    As much as I want to see the Alliance, they won't finish it so will never know the Haaken.

I hope Stargate : Worlds will be good, because if an average MMORPG can't try to pull players from WoW. I fear only the gaters won't make SG:W successfull. They have to spend more time to finish it perfectly, because only a good or perfect game can try to pull viewers from WoW for months.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                    X