Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. This isn't our most innovative idea for Stargate (in fact, once someone suggested it, I had one of those "d'oh!" head-slapping moments). We have something else coming up (hopefully soon) that'll be, I think, more surprising.

Having said that, I'm really pleased with how these came out. From a production quality standpoint, it's as nice as any of our higher-priced items. But, we were able to deliver a set of four for $30 retail (that's the target price).

It's important to us to keep our Stargate goodies affordable, without skimping on the quality :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
      <ding, ding, ding, ding!>

And Scary Kitty gets it!

Let me introduce the new Stargate Coaster – it'll come in a set of four hand-cast and hand-painted coasters:

So, what do you guys think?
      Hey, that's pretty neat.

Comment

Those are definitely cool, especially with the wonderful sculpting work. I definitely would like to get a set, but I'd be worried about using something that nice for a drink. I'm thinking more along the lines of standing SG figures on them.

Comment

looks cool, got to get me a set of those, BTW will it be available in the U.K?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Quantum mechanics ship to the UK yes, but it will of course cost a little bit more. Those coasters look really fantastic, I'd honestly be afraid to use them incase I spill my drink on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              Quantum mechanics ship to the UK yes, but it will of course cost a little bit more. Those coasters look really fantastic, I'd honestly be afraid to use them incase I spill my drink on it.
              thats good news at least, shame about the little extra

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry for not commenting sooner. Gotta figure out why sometimes the Gateworld forum alerts me when there are new messages on this string – and then sometimes not.

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                thats good news at least, shame about the little extra
                Yeah, we feel the same way. Unfortunately, it's *really* expensive to ship out of the U.S. right now. Prices went way up last year when the gas prices skyrocketed and never came back down when gas got cheaper again. Hm. Interesting how that works.

BTW, not that it's necessarily germane to anything, but our Operations Manager is from the UK and is actually there right now meeting with our EU distributors. Ping your favorite collectibles store and let them know you want QMx stuff; I'm sure they'll want to oblige

Comment

Any chance of seeing these potential items in the future to accompany the mirror and coasters?

- DHD pen holder
                  - Transporter rings lamp
                  - Staff weapon letter opener
                  - GDO universal remote
                  - Goa'uld symbiote keyboard wristpad

And, a more serious question... Has there been any development on the Glider?

Comment

<ding, ding, ding, ding!>

And Scary Kitty gets it!

Let me introduce the new Stargate Coaster – it'll come in a set of four hand-cast and hand-painted coasters:

Spoiler:

So, what do you guys think?
                    So when do you plan to release it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
                      Any chance of seeing these potential items in the future to accompany the mirror and coasters?

- DHD pen holder
                      - Transporter rings lamp
                      - Staff weapon letter opener
                      - GDO universal remote
                      - Goa'uld symbiote keyboard wristpad

And, a more serious question... Has there been any development on the Glider?

That GDO remote is not such a bad idea - I always wondered if the actual GDO props seen in SG1 were made in part from calculator or remote parts in the first place.

Incidentally Andy, bravo on the coasters / mug mats idea! I can see me pestering my local retailers and its great to see simple and practical collectables like that. More please!!
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback on the coasters! They should be in the warehouse end of March/beginning of April. Reseller pre-orders have been really strong. In fact, I've had to fight off our sales staff to make sure we have some to deliver to our direct customers.

I'm considering offering pre-orders to our direct customers to ensure they get what they're looking for from the first shipment. How would you all feel about preordering but then maybe not actually getting your coasters for about 30 days? Yours would be the first out of the warehouse.

On the Death Glider – yep! It's well underway. Just approved the preliminary design for the diorama. As much as I like the one for the F-302, the Death Gilder diorama is going to be even more complex. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Our next Stargate item isn't particularly practical, but I think it's way cool. Hope to have something to show you *very* soon.

:-)

Comment

sign me up for 2 sets I like manufacturer direct sales, it shows the company isn't just out for a profit, and they are willing to back their product. I can't wait to see what QMx comes up with next, they should drop everyone else and focus more on Stargate!!!

P.S. a DHD pen holder would be cool. Just make a small DHD and remove the center red circle to put a pen in. And you could even make it a Goa'uld Staff Weapon pen!!

Comment

By 'Hand Cast' does this mean they are metal or plastic? They look really cool, and even though I would prefer metal, I will probably order a set even if they are plastic.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Roddy - good question! They're cast from polystone resin, which in addition to being fairly rugged and good at not absorbing too much heat, also feels a bit like ceramic. It's a polymer, so technically it is a plastic, but if you've ever handled a resin prop, you'll know it has a much more substantial feel than plastic (and is heavier). It's also a lot harder and is really good when you want to show a lot of little details in your sculpt.

This is the reason most screen-used props are cast is resin – because they look good and because it gives the prop maker a lot of control over the results. It's actually more expensive to cast in resin in quantity than, say, PVC. But the results from resin are usually nicer.

Comment

On the Death Glider – yep! It's well underway. Just approved the preliminary design for the diorama. As much as I like the one for the F-302, the Death Gilder diorama is going to be even more complex. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
                                That's great to hear, I'm eagerly looking forward to pics of it! A quick question related to the Glider; since the Glider could serve as a starting point for these, will the F-301 and a movie version of the Glider be possibilities for upcoming replicas?

Comment

Working...
                                X