Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very unexpected addition, and quite amazing that you were able to replicate so many details of the armor at that scale! Thanks for the awesome update.

Comment

Little Jaffa!!

Comment

*squees at the mini Jaffa*

Andy, you do realize this means that now we'll be expecting a mini Sheppard figure in the puddlejumper replica, don't you?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Scary Kitty - but, of course! With gravity-defying hair

Comment

Awww... those Jaffa are very cute but deadly! Great addition.
            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Hey Andy

did you guys just rework the paint or the base aswell?? I think it would look better over sand dunes, and the base with the gate, dhd and rocks would work well as a base for the cargo ship, just incase you didn't want to scrap it altogether.

Comment

I got the Stargate mirror as a Christmas present, and I must say I expected it to be a nice piece, but I was still quite surprised at how nice it truly is! It has a great feel to it that gives assurance of sturdiness, but not an overly fragile feel that would make you too afraid of having it on a wall. The puddle facade insert was also quite shocking as I didn't realize it would have an actual raised texturing, and the flakes added into the plastic to give it a shimmer work incredibly well without being obtrusive. The only disappointment is that the facade is difficult to take out and put back in, and the Earth origin symbol is at the very bottom instead of it's more common placement at the top. Other than those minor quibbles, I am absolutely in love with the piece, and may have to pick up another one.

Also, if I may offer a suggestion, if you folks ever decide to do an Atlantis gate mirror, could you have the mirror go under the address symbol area, and then use holes to make up the star formation symbols, so that they'll appear to be illuminated when light hits the mirror through the holes?

Comment

Hey QMX,
                  I got my Stargate replica mirror today and I was wondering how I am to remove the event horizon. I tried pushing it out gently, but I was afraid to apply to much pressure and break it.

Bas

Comment

any eta on the release date for the deathglider, can't wait

Comment

any eta on the release date? can't wait!

Comment

Death Glider Replica is Now Available for Preorder...

...along with some new pics of the world's tiniest Jaffa pilots

http://store.quantummechanix.com/Sta...lica_p_84.html

Enjoy!

Comment

What is the mini Stargate and DHD made out of?

Comment

They're made of resin, as is the base.

Comment

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
                              They're made of resin, as is the base.
                              How hard was it to shape the resin into a the DHD, because it looks very complicated.

Comment

GJO - Well, is all about the mold. One of the reasons we use resin for our replicas (even tho the material is much more expensive than styrine or abs) is that is has the ability to reproduce a lot of detail, even at a tiny scale like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X