Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of the Jumper having retractable flight pods?

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
    Like the teenie, tiny DHD? ;-)
    I forgot to mention I really love the DHD, it's great to see it included and the scale replication looks dead on.

Comment

Im not blown away have to say, the ship would look better as has already been mentioned with a better color scheme, CGI blue screen accuracies aside.

The base is cheap looking, If I do get one that would have to go straight away.

Im sorry to be picky but that base cheapens the whole thing, its not in scale with the ship and looks like some kind of hobbyist produced it for his trainsets. All its missing is some cotton wool ball sheep !

Surely something more in keeping with the F302 would have been better ?? (Which is plain simple and 100 times better than this)

Try selling them as a set ? keep the size of the stand the same, use some features from the pyramid ship (forget its correct name) some feature of that as a flat base ?

A panel like

I hope production hasnt kicked off and things can be revised ! Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I can see me breaking the Ring and the dial device off and sticking it in my fish tank, cause that stand . . . its ruining the whole effect of the ship . . sorry but imho it is !

Surely a simple panel like the one above would make sense from a cost point of view also.

I appreciate you helping me out with the F302 replacement and dont want to come across as ungrateful Andy, but I hope you also appreciate my honesty on this.

From a series / set Id like to see some uniformity, afterall your more likely as a collector to buy all 3 (F302, Glider and Puddle Jumper) if theres something that ties them all together (not just Scale) a similar stand etc, The F302 has the angle with the yellow stripes on the front, how about the stands all have that angle at the front giving uniformity ???, that can easily be incorporated with the panels from the Pyramid ship and easily be styled with some Atlantean themes (paneling from the city) for the puddle jumper:

Save the paint bought for the Glider for the Puddle Jumper stand !

Might I suggest painting the glider more silver grey, Id like to have seen something similar to this as a finished product

Now I can see that next to the F302 with a slant at the front the same as the F302 stand and the Puddle Jumper on its panelled stand, hell you could even do a wraith dart and simply panel a hive ship surface onto the stand.

If you dont / cant . . now due to production commitments I understand but please do something similar if you can on the Glider now or in the future the Jumper,

if you cant do it for the glider then Ill just have to make one myself, the image above has lights on it, yours doesnt have too (extra cost) but mine could

but its got me thinking, make a stand similar to the one above and tweak the F302 stand also, put the lights in for the Glider stand as shown in the pic, but also some Led's into the F302 stand, the spot holes are noted for it already, so with a PCB in the circuit that makes them flash in sequence like a landing strip light and a stand for the Glider with lights they could all be connected on the one switch, circuit, hey anyone tell me where I can pick up a PCB board for those requirements ???
      Last edited by Mooncat; 13 October 2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the Death Glider base; it looks way too amateurish. A sand dune would have been way better... but that's just my opinion.

I'm still buying the Death Glider, though... I'm planning to hang it from the ceiling (no base required)! See if I can't arrange it and the F-302 in a dog-fight!
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Personally, the only change to the base I'd like to see would be an angled piece of rock bed or dirt added to transition from the grassy area to the river - which would also serve to cap off the black trim.

I have to note, every time I take a look at the pictures I get a Stonehenge vibe from it.

Comment

I agree about the base, i'm afraid to say. It looks like a two hundred foot glider is flying over a gate.
            And the gate looks really badly done, being too thick in the centre. The gate bevels in towards the inner ring. Or at least it should...
            e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Will this be coming with an accompanying technical specifications poster? I loved getting that too. The statistics were particularly helpful for the Stargate wiki.

Comment

What was harder to sculpt,the F302 or the Death Glider?and if you make the Daedalus,could you make wee inscale F302's to come with it?
                sigpic [IMG]

Comment

Can you provide us with the measurements of the Glider's base? I'd like to have an acrylic case waiting for it.

Comment

Is the death glider going to be available on your own website or MGM store's website because the delivery price to the UK for entertainment earth are expensive.
                    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

can't say i'm a huge fan of the death glider. The ship itself looks amazing, tons of detail, but it should have been a blueish hue of grey and not a greyish hue of blue. The stand also doesn't look that good, I like the effort including all the little details, but I would have preferred a simpler stargate in some sand dunes.

I think it's just that most of us are most familiar with seeing the death gliders flying over the dunes of Abydos.

overall not something I will be jumping to get, but if I have some extra money laying around I will probably get one.

Comment

ok very nice death glider, i would very much like to see a Puddle Jumper

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
                          Can you provide us with the measurements of the Glider's base? I'd like to have an acrylic case waiting for it.
                          Unless you intend to display the base on its own I cant see those measurements helping as based on the pics I think the gliders bigger. Which imho opinion is another reason why it should be dropped in favour of something the same proportions as the F302 stand, uniformity and a nice acrylic display stand cover

Comment

I have been desperately searching for a little Stargate for a disabled child (whose obsession with it has allowed him to write out all the symbols and rember every detail of each episode @ 5 years old)). So far the challenges have been choking hazards and the materials the items have been made from (pewter etc). Your coasters look like they would be safe for him, are they made from anything we should be concerned about if it goes in his mouth? Would you be able to help in figuring out a way to stand one up? -Then we would also have spares for the inevitable loss or dog chewing! I love the mirror, but it would definitely get broken. Thank you so much! I can hardly wait untill he is old enough to start collecting the 'grown up stargate stuff'!

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
                              Unless you intend to display the base on its own I cant see those measurements helping as based on the pics I think the gliders bigger. Which imho opinion is another reason why it should be dropped in favour of something the same proportions as the F302 stand, uniformity and a nice acrylic display stand cover
                              It's difficult to tell that from the perspectives, it may be just as wide as the base, though. Even if it overlaps, it doesn't look like it will overlap that much. 1"-1 1/2" at the maximum... I get cases about 2-3" over-sized for stuff so as not to worry about scuffing from potential movement, so it should be okay with the base's measurements. Besides, even if the glider is wider than the base, it's definitely not longer.

Comment

Originally posted by gsmom View Post
                                I have been desperately searching for a little Stargate for a disabled child (whose obsession with it has allowed him to write out all the symbols and rember every detail of each episode @ 5 years old)). So far the challenges have been choking hazards and the materials the items have been made from (pewter etc). Your coasters look like they would be safe for him, are they made from anything we should be concerned about if it goes in his mouth? Would you be able to help in figuring out a way to stand one up? -Then we would also have spares for the inevitable loss or dog chewing! I love the mirror, but it would definitely get broken. Thank you so much! I can hardly wait untill he is old enough to start collecting the 'grown up stargate stuff'!

I have an extra DST plastic build-a-gate Stargate if he wants that... wont stand up on its own though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X