Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is cool, i love that it is the Teal'c in Jaffa armour. can't wait to see the rest

Also I have seen the Firefly/Serenity Maquettes before, but what exactly is a "maquette"?

Comment

That is absolutely brilliant! I'd love to get that! Any info on what the cost will be?

Comment

Your Firefly ones sold so well you decided to do the same with Stargate, hmm? They're cute and creative but a bit too cartoon-y for me.

quade_1 - A maquette is usually used by a licensee of a certain property to make sure their product is on model with how the studio/licensor wants a character to look. The popular trend lately is to call statuettes or figurines like these maquettes.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

We're still working on pricing, but we should have it finalized shortly. He'll be well under $100, so pretty comparable with other animated maquettes of this size.

Maquette is actually French for "scale model". These days the phrase is often used in movie making to describe physical models created to see how a particular 3D model will look before it is fully rendered, or to study lighting for that model. The term was adopted by collectibles developers (like us) to describe cartoon (animated) interpretations of "real life" screen characters.

Comment

Very good news to hear, as I definitely want to grab one of these. Will there be an "Elite" variation?

Comment

Oh, anime-style Teal'c is so cute! I got a kick out of the Firefly ones, so I'm looking forward to seeing more Stargate ones, both from SG-1 and Atlantis.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
                Very good news to hear, as I definitely want to grab one of these. Will there be an "Elite" variation?
                No plans for an elite variant, although I think Teal'c especially lends himself to other poses/costumes from later seasons as his character has had one of the most pronounced trajectories.

But first, we need to do the rest of SG-1 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QMx Andy View Post
                  No plans for an elite variant, although I think Teal'c especially lends himself to other poses/costumes from later seasons as his character has had one of the most pronounced trajectories.

But first, we need to do the rest of SG-1
                  Amen to that! Is the plan to do the rest of "Children of the Gods" SG-1 first? Colonel O'Neill in desert camo, Captain Carter in her dress blues and Dr Jackson in his Abydos robes, possibly?
                  Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                    Amen to that! Is the plan to do the rest of "Children of the Gods" SG-1 first? Colonel O'Neill in desert camo, Captain Carter in her dress blues and Dr Jackson in his Abydos robes, possibly?
                    Good thought. We were figuring on starting everyone off in their most "iconic" poses and outfits? So, Daniel (who's next, btw) is currently in an action pose with a pistol in one hand and a book of ancient knowledge in the other, circa season 5ish :-)

Comment

Thought you guys might like to see one of the many 2D concept drawings we used to create the sculpt. The design was created by the incredibly talented Kristele Pelland:

Comment

That's just as great looking as the statue itself, any chance of getting poster versions?

We were figuring on starting everyone off in their most "iconic" poses and outfits? So, Daniel (who's next, btw) is currently in an action pose with a pistol in one hand and a book of ancient knowledge in the other, circa season 5ish :-)
                        That sounds pretty good for Daniel. For Jack I'd like to see a black ops version first with a SPAS-12 shotgun and the base littered with spent shells and replicator pieces.

Comment

That's just as great looking as the statue itself, any chance of getting poster versions?
                          If enough of you all are interested, sure! I'm sure we could even twist Kristele's arm a little bit and have her do some Stargate Scenes as a poster set, like the Serenity Scenes set she did last year. She really is an amazing animator.

That sounds pretty good for Daniel. For Jack I'd like to see a black ops version first with a SPAS-12 shotgun and the base littered with spent shells and replicator pieces.
                          I like it! :-) And how about for Carter?

Comment

how about an illustrated book?? a stargate comic would be real cool

Comment

If enough of you all are interested, sure! I'm sure we could even twist Kristele's arm a little bit and have her do some Stargate Scenes as a poster set, like the Serenity Scenes set she did last year. She really is an amazing animator.
                              Those would be awesome, I loved the Serenity scenes.

I like it! :-) And how about for Carter?
                              I'd say since Teal'c has a neutral pose, and you're planning on having Daniel in an action pose, so if you put Jack in an action pose then you should have a neutral posed Carter to balance things out. Possibly holding a naquadah generator with an extremely proud facial expression?

My only other thought is one inspired by the episode "2001," since the bases are horizontal stargates. She could be sculpted to depict her hanging on a rope, and elevated off the base by clear supports to replicate her escape at the end of the episode.

Comment

Any plans for a Goa'uld cargo ship (tel'tac) in a similar scale to the F-302? Rewatching "Lost City", it occured to me that you could have a cargo ship "hovering" above an ice-styled base, with a blue-tinted transparent support column in the middle as the transporter beam (as seen below):
                                Spoiler:

Link to gallery: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=162&pos=536
                                Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                                X