Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSC-304 Daedalus Model Kits. Anyone know where to get one?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC-304 Daedalus Model Kits. Anyone know where to get one?...

Hi Everybody!...

I am trying to find model kits of the Deep Space Carriers, the UK doesn't seem to have them (unless anyone knows otherwise?), so are there any out there in other countries?

And just to clarify i mean kits you build, put a lot of time & love into before finally screwing it all up with a bad paint job

Many thanks

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

I've never seen any, presume your thinking along the same lines as airfix or revell? they both do the little plastic ones. TBH I seriously think i'd saw my left hand off if someone gave me a model kit of a BC 303 (prometheus), puddlejumper or F302A = Left arm and as for a BC-304 kit - pick a body part!!
    Really really wish someone would make some.

Comment

Yeah they don't exist as far as I know

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post
        And just to clarify i mean kits you build, put a lot of time & love into before finally screwing it all up with a bad paint job
        lol!

sigpic

Comment

there is a guy on deviant art that has one and it is very good he says thay are about to start selling them

Comment

Well, I don't know about model kits, but does anyone know if anyone makes a model of a 304, like a metal/plastic model that's pre-made? I seriously need one for my desk....

Comment

Originally posted by bar12 View Post
              there is a guy on deviant art that has one and it is very good he says thay are about to start selling them
              Ooooh.... Got a link?

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFox2020 View Post
                Well, I don't know about model kits, but does anyone know if anyone makes a model of a 304, like a metal/plastic model that's pre-made? I seriously need one for my desk....
                Haven't seen the 304 (been searching for quite a while...), but have seen the F302

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/produ...e/Product.html

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

I don't know if they sell them in stores, but there's a company called Saltyre (sp?) Technologies (I think) that does a really nice 304 model. At least, it looks nice from the pictures posted in one of the threads. Apparently, the guy who did the original casting for the mold posts on this site, from time to time, under the screen name "Bar".

If you look through the forums for a thread titled (if memory serves) "Ladies and Gentlemen... It is here!", there should be a ton of pictures of it.

Unfortunately, it looks like Saltyre is a small company, or the 304 model is something of a boutique, because it's first run of 50 or so kits sold out, and I don't know if they're doing anymore. Of course, the last time I checked was months ago, so who knows. But good luck!

And if it's any consolation, as a kid, I don't think I ever ONCE completed a paint job. You can't screw it up if you don't try!

Comment

http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/index...ategory_id=169

Their currently sold out of the 304's.
                    BUT
                    They just released a 303 kit
                    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post

BUT
                      That's what i'm talking about!!!! Excellent thank you!!!!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Wow, that's great! And they seem quite detailed. But also quite small.
                        If they were about 40cm long, I'd seriously envision buying both the 303 and the 304.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                          Wow, that's great! And they seem quite detailed. But also quite small.
                          If they were about 40cm long, I'd seriously envision buying both the 303 and the 304.
                          19.5 cm (Prometheus) & 22.25cm (Daedalus) aren't bad, could be worse, according to the scale quoted Prometheus should only be 7.8cm, but it's not. And i have one on the way! Yay!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post

BUT
                            WOW! They look great. I remember stumbling across the guy who make the master models blog a while ago, before they went into production, but couldn't find it again. It's awesome to finally see them available and in packaging lol

Thanks Jedi Master!
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

those are really cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X